IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > The GDN - "HEWITT HUNDRED"
9/30/15, 6:34 PM   #1
The GDN - "HEWITT HUNDRED"
Wayne Davis

Race Count This Year: 38
Race Count Last Year: 68

Maybe not!. The 2016 Division II Gator"DIRT"Nationals at Golden Isles Speedway's Super Bowl of Racing in Brunswick Ga. have in the works for it's 3rd and final night of racing.... The "HEWITT HUNDRED". This will be in honor of famed midget, sprint, champ car, speedway racer Jack Hewitt. This race will consist of (2) 25 lap "B" mains and a 50 lap "A" main starting 33 cars 3 wide for the A and both B main races on Sat. night Feb. 6 will start 3 wide. Top 14 in points will be locked into Sat. nights show from Thur. and Fri. then the top 8 of each B will be added to make 30 and the last row will be given to 3 racers that has not made the show through pill draws from the hat making up the 33 car field racing for the $20,000.00 total purse. More info. at www.ssmidgets.com.

www.SouthernOutlawPromotions.com

1 member likes this post: Avon Open Wheel fan
10/1/15, 11:21 AM   #2
Re: The GDN - "HEWITT HUNDRED"
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Id love to see a sprint show like this. Qualify for start of B's odd/even then finishing order of B's be lineups for A. Top six qualifiers not finishing in the top twelve of the B's tag the tail of the A. Three provisional s, One by the track, two by the sanction
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 10/1/15 at 11:24 AM.

2 members like this post: stealth43k, Wayne Davis
10/1/15, 11:56 AM   #3
Sling'n DIRT

Wayne Davis had a good show last year at this track in Feb. I like what he has done for midget racing as a whole. For this to be a second tier racing division, Division II sure has made a lot of noise in 2015. looks like this show is going to pay as good if not better then National midgets shows whether it's USAC or PowrI. I like the Lucas Oil Late Models so this is a no brainer for me. Glad to see positive things for midget racing and hope this works out. I know the division 2 up here has been putting on good shows and who wants to be in Indiana in Feb.? Good luck Mr. Davis

1 member likes this post: Avon Open Wheel fan
10/1/15, 7:19 PM   #4
Midget 89

What track? What was the payout? What kind of crowd? Cold, as I remember.

Last edited by Midget 89; 10/1/15 at 7:21 PM.

10/1/15, 10:54 PM   #5
Wayne Davis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midget 89 View Post
What track? What was the payout? What kind of crowd? Cold, as I remember.

PAYOUT? Total of $20,000.00 for 3 days plus contingencies...EVERYONE including non- qualifiers $100.00 tow money.
CROWD? With Lucas Oil Dirt Latemodels 1st race of season.
Division II Race of Champions: By Invitation only (Friday Night 5 Laps $500.00)

Last year for the Super Bowl Of Racing somewhere around 15,000 race fans in the stands...68 Lucas Oil Dirt Late Models and Screven Speedway was racing WoO Latemodels up the road about 80 miles the same date....This year Red has decided to do the WoOLMS a week later at Screven...NO OTHER DIRT RACING GOING ON THAT WEEKEND!!! Hope this anwsers your questions...Wayne Davis

1 member likes this post: billwill
10/1/15, 11:40 PM   #6
Wayne Davis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sling'n DIRT View Post
Wayne Davis had a good show last year at this track in Feb. I like what he has done for midget racing as a whole. For this to be a second tier racing division, Division II sure has made a lot of noise in 2015. looks like this show is going to pay as good if not better then National midgets shows whether it's USAC or PowrI. I like the Lucas Oil Late Models so this is a no brainer for me. Glad to see positive things for midget racing and hope this works out. I know the division 2 up here has been putting on good shows and who wants to be in Indiana in Feb.? Good luck Mr. Davis
Thanks Sling'n ....this is not the same track....we raced at North Florida Speedway last year in Lake City....This track is the Division II home track at Golden Isles Speedway in south Ga. (Brunswick). Lot better payout than the $600 Thur. $800 Fri. $1000 Sat.....We are trying to put a package for all like Sat. night $2500.00 to win $200.00 for 33rd and 125.00 to N.Q. Any questions go to www.ssmidgets.com or new site www.DIIMidgets.com

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > The GDN - "HEWITT HUNDRED"