IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Haubstadt Sprint Stampede
6/28/15, 12:58 AM   #61
on_the_edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFortune39 View Post
What race were you watching?! KT Had to check up but he didn't run him over
I think he was talking about the lap car of Wallace I assume but who knows what race that guy was even watching.

1 member likes this post: TFortune39
6/28/15, 1:07 AM   #62
Re: Haubstadt Sprint Stampede
Rpracing1

Excellent night at the ole ball park. Can't go wrong with 2 classes of racing, BOTH sprint cars. Thanks Mr. Helfrich for supplying this evening of high quality entertainment. Five stars to all of the participants! Good racing all heats and features in both top bill classes!

4 members like this post: bmemmer, Dirtfan, fish, i love dirt track racing
6/28/15, 2:03 AM   #63
Jerry Shaw

The way they were lined up in the MSCS feature, you knew it would be good from the get-go and it was. The first 7 laps had a 4 car pack of KT, Stockon, Carson Short and Brady Short that were just all over one another, all the way around. With Robert Ballou and Kyle Cummins closing in. The first major even happened when there was a yellow. Brady Short was pulling into the track exit. He had a flat tire and would have to go into the work area. He rejoined before they went back to green, but would be on the tail. On the lap 15 restart Chase would grab the lead by getting an excellent jump. As KT and Carson Short began what would become the best battle of the race, Chase would begin to check out. Those two went at it tooth and nail for the next ten laps or so, before Thomas would grab the runnerup spot away from Carson with an aggressive slider coming out of turn 4. By this point KT Jr was visibly the fastest car on the track, but Chase had built what looked to be an insurmountable lead. Even though he cut way into the lead by the time the checkered flew, Chase's victory was never really ever in doubt. He was fast and had a well handling race car all night and it was a well deserved victory. And a popular one, too.

The MOWA feature ended up being very entertaining. At least as good as the MSCS A-Main. Hunter Schuerenberg grabbed the lead from the beginning, but was under serious barrage from Parker Price-Miller for many, many laps. He was running a nice line just below the cushion and Miller was screaming around the top of the track, rocketing out of the cushion coming out of turns 2 and 4. Even banging the wall occasionally. I think it was somewhere around the 20th lap, Miller saw an opportunity and seized it and just kind of left the field. He was the fastest car in practice it was for sure that he was the fastest one in the main event, too. There were a couple of restarts late in the race and the second place car by that time, KT Jr would take his shots using aggression to try to steal the lead away, but it was to no avail. Miller would fight off the challenge and drive off again. PPM is a fun driver to watch and seems to have found his calling. This was another example that Don Ott motors generate a lot of horsepower. I don't know how many winged races Caleb Armstrong has ran, but he drove tonight like he's been doing these races for a while. And Critter Malone showed again tonight, what Indiana race fans have known for a long time. You put him in any kind of race car and he'll get the most out of it. He had a wing on what looked to be the same old black #7, with the palm tree on the number that he's been driving around here for years and he steadily fought his way through the top ten and was breathing down Hunter's neck at the checkered and almost took third place away from him.

It was another great night at Haubstadt. Great company, great racing, the track was good all night and I got my money's worth. I already knew I love going to MSCS races. Tonight I also learned that MOWA runs a real good show, as well.

Jerry

Winston Churchill
Last edited by Jerry Shaw; 6/28/15 at 2:21 AM.

6/28/15, 2:07 AM   #64
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

[QUOTE=Gene Franckowiak;417184]What happened to KT Jr

DQ'ed for RR Tire in the MOWA feature, rumor has it.

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"
Last edited by Dirtfan; 6/28/15 at 11:21 AM.

6/28/15, 7:24 AM   #65
hoosierhillbilly

Thanks for the haubstadt report. Caleb Armstrong has been running winged races in Ohio.He also ran part of Ohio sprint week. He is another usac to winged sprint convert.

6/28/15, 7:40 AM   #66
miledirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Shaw View Post
The way they were lined up in the MSCS feature, you knew it would be good from the get-go and it was. The first 7 laps had a 4 car pack of KT, Stockon, Carson Short and Brady Short that were just all over one another, all the way around. With Robert Ballou and Kyle Cummins closing in. The first major even happened when there was a yellow. Brady Short was pulling into the track exit. He had a flat tire and would have to go into the work area. He rejoined before they went back to green, but would be on the tail. On the lap 15 restart Chase would grab the lead by getting an excellent jump. As KT and Carson Short began what would become the best battle of the race, Chase would begin to check out. Those two went at it tooth and nail for the next ten laps or so, before Thomas would grab the runnerup spot away from Carson with an aggressive slider coming out of turn 4. By this point KT Jr was visibly the fastest car on the track, but Chase had built what looked to be an insurmountable lead. Even though he cut way into the lead by the time the checkered flew, Chase's victory was never really ever in doubt. He was fast and had a well handling race car all night and it was a well deserved victory. And a popular one, too.

The MOWA feature ended up being very entertaining. At least as good as the MSCS A-Main. Hunter Schuerenberg grabbed the lead from the beginning, but was under serious barrage from Parker Price-Miller for many, many laps. He was running a nice line just below the cushion and Miller was screaming around the top of the track, rocketing out of the cushion coming out of turns 2 and 4. Even banging the wall occasionally. I think it was somewhere around the 20th lap, Miller saw an opportunity and seized it and just kind of left the field. He was the fastest car in practice it was for sure that he was the fastest one in the main event, too. There were a couple of restarts late in the race and the second place car by that time, KT Jr would take his shots using aggression to try to steal the lead away, but it was to no avail. Miller would fight off the challenge and drive off again. PPM is a fun driver to watch and seems to have found his calling. This was another example that Don Ott motors generate a lot of horsepower. I don't know how many winged races Caleb Armstrong has ran, but he drove tonight like he's been doing these races for a while. And Critter Malone showed again tonight, what Indiana race fans have known for a long time. You put him in any kind of race car and he'll get the most out of it. He had a wing on what looked to be the same old black #7, with the palm tree on the number that he's been driving around here for years and he steadily fought his way through the top ten and was breathing down Hunter's neck at the checkered and almost took third place away from him.

It was another great night at Haubstadt. Great company, great racing, the track was good all night and I got my money's worth. I already knew I love going to MSCS races. Tonight I also learned that MOWA runs a real good show, as well.

Jerry
Another great report Jerry... thanks for taking the time

6/28/15, 9:29 AM   #67
Steve

Congrats to PPM on the win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 members like this post: bmemmer, i love dirt track racing
6/28/15, 10:28 AM   #68
Jerry Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidinTheRim View Post
Stockon runs over another car. Shocking
What are you talking about? Stockon didn't do anything wrong. That lapped car was a hazard for other cars, almost the entire feature. This is what happens when you don't have enough cars for a B Main and you put much slower cars on the track during the feature, when guys are battling for the win.

Jerry

Winston Churchill

6/28/15, 10:30 AM   #69
Hammer down

What class did KT get DQ d from. First I've heard about this.

6/28/15, 10:42 AM   #70
wildman92

Race Count This Year: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer down View Post
What class did KT get DQ d from. First I've heard about this.
According to what I saw on Twitter it was in the wing car

@DutcherMichael: @KTMotorsports we ran an H-15 all night, we grabbed a new tire out of the rack for the feature that was a H-R 15, I guess an HR isn't spec?

1 member likes this post: Joey Woods
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Haubstadt Sprint Stampede