IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Powri Midwest Division ll Midgets
5/31/15, 9:35 PM   #1
MidwestD2Midget

POWRi Lucas Oil Midwest Division II Midget Series
Millstadt, IL. – POWRi Racing will be the official sanctioning body for the Midwest Division II Midget Series based out of Bloomington, Indiana. The POWRi Lucas Oil Midwest Division II Midget Series has been created to help promote affordable midget racing throughout the Midwestern region of the United States. This sportsman type of midget class allows drivers and teams the opportunity to compete prior to tackling the national level.
The Midwest Division II Midget Series will race a combination of midget style cars, including the Lightning Sprint motorcycle-powered 1000/1200cc, Oldsmobile Quad 4 engines, Ford Focus, Chevy Ecotec, Honda HPD, as well as the Kenyon Midget, all run on either Ethanol or Methanol and producing roughly 200 horsepower.
The POWRi Lucas Oil Midwest Division II Midget Series will continue to be run under the direction of promoter Bob Griffiths. For information on the series’ rules and schedule, please contact Bob Griffiths at POWRi Lucas Oil Midwest Division II Midget Series by phone at (812)-325-0059 or visit www.midwestd2midgets.com.
For further information, see www.midwestd2midgets.com or www.powri.com .
Derek Schuett
POWRi Media
info@powri.com
Last edited by MidwestD2Midget; 6/2/15 at 6:36 AM.

6 members like this post: 17d71mwin, DAD, jjones752, PatrickMead#13, stealth43k, Wayne Davis
6/1/15, 2:04 PM   #2
Re: Powri Midwest Division ll Midgets
DAD

Powri

Will gasoline be allowed for the motorcycle cars? I think that Florida still allows it?

Honest Dad himself

6/1/15, 3:05 PM   #3
MidwestD2Midget

Yes gasoline is allowed

6/1/15, 11:10 PM   #4
dirt40

What tracks will be running these? We currently have a lightning sprint so we would be interested in this.

6/2/15, 12:26 AM   #5
MidwestD2Midget

at this time we are racing thunder valley raceway in salem indiana but we are working on others

6/2/15, 7:08 AM   #6
zeromotorsports

We have ecotec midgets for rent at Thunder valley this fri
214-714-1747

6/2/15, 9:05 PM   #7
RoyaltonMiniSprint

Waiting on the Powri winged Division 2 division probably never happen!

6/2/15, 9:28 PM   #8
Slider20

This definitely has the potential to be successful, should be interesting to see what kind of tracks they can get on board.

6/2/15, 11:32 PM   #9
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyaltonMiniSprint View Post
Waiting on the Powri winged Division 2 division probably never happen!
Royalton

How you doing? Somehow I thought you were a non wing racer at heart? Have you got your car on the race track yet? We looked for you at Du Quoin, but were having problems and didn't get around too much.

I really don't see wings in the future for the PowrI Division II Midgets, but the Mini Sprints will still be racing them. The way I understand it is that with PowrI adding their clout to this class and their ability to provide more sponsorship money they should also be able to raise the purse. I understand that they also will make available great Insurance for the racers.

These things should take off like a Bat Out Of Hell". I would also bet that they show up at some class tracks in Indiana in the near future and probably will be the support class for the PowrI National Midgets when they race in Indiana.

I wish them good luck and hope we can add some support for them. I think they probably stay at the same La quinta Inn that I do.

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 6/3/15 at 9:36 AM.

1 member likes this post: Wayne Davis
6/3/15, 1:16 AM   #10
RoyaltonMiniSprint

Was all set to race this year but due to health reasons and financial reasons probably not looking like this year it's been very frustrating been forever but I haven't given up just keep digging!

1 member likes this post: DAD
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Powri Midwest Division ll Midgets