IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Promoters, take note.
5/19/15, 11:49 AM   #31
Re: Promoters, take note.
FrankR63

I agree, take someone to a race that has never been before and pay there way in or there kids way in. Spend time explaining things and try to get them and the kids up close to a car and a driver. Most drivers are great with kids and once the kid has talked to a driver there either hooked or there not.
Take the time to do this and do it right, if all us race nuts did this one time a year, every year, it would help.
We need more addicts in order for our addiction to continue.

5/19/15, 12:53 PM   #32
Leohr46

This just my opinion. Most all kids like race cars. They want to get up close to them. They want to touch them. Set in them. Talk to a driver.
You want to get kids off the video games. Get them involved in the cars.
When Kevin had Flora. We done just this. We had the cars on the track. Kids came down to see the cars. Be around the cars. Talk to the drivers. Get pictures. Get things signed, ect.
The kids loved it. The parents were involved. We as drivers liked it.
I wouldn't be driving a sprint car today and hooked on them if I wasn't at the tracks as a kid. Want to keep your track open? Get kids involved. Let them get up close and personal with the cars and drivers. And lastly. Make it affordable that mom and dad can take them. This way they fall in love with the sports as we have. They might even tell there buddy at school and he will come the following week with his mom and dad.
Just my 2 cents worth.

5/19/15, 4:23 PM   #33
Re: Promoters, take note.
Shawn Harper

The past few years when Gas City would let you in the pits for a 50 50 ticket purchase. The parents would bring the kids into the pits to see the cars and drivers. I thought this was a great deal and good idea to get the kids involved. When the kids came around to our pits, I would always ask if they would like to sit in the car. To see their faces light up when they would crawl into the car is priceless. To bad the tracks don't do this more often.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Promoters, take note.