IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > A Vision of Plymouth Speedway in a few years
2/6/15, 2:31 PM   #1
A Vision of Plymouth Speedway in a few years
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

for those that weren't at the 2014 Plymouth Speedway banquet here is one of the few pictures track owner Ed Kennedy showed the crowd of what he would like Plymouth Speedway to look like when the construction is all complete. Thanks to Ed for giving us race teams a place to race each week.
Thought I'd share with those that don't do Facebook. This picture is via the tracks Facebook page.
Last edited by nathans1012; 5/15/16 at 5:36 PM.

2 members like this post: EBookerFan, rmcar
2/6/15, 8:37 PM   #2
redracer75

Sorry I wasted my time. That's really lame

2/6/15, 8:53 PM   #3
Re: A Vision of Plymouth Speedway in a few years
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by redracer75 View Post
Sorry I wasted my time. That's really lame
I'm sorry you feel improving a race track is bad business <> at least that's how it came across. Have a good night. I for one am happy the track has an owner like Ed Kennedy that is willing to do what ever it takes to make Plymouth a great place to race and watch races. The effort is appreciated by those who race there.
Last edited by nathans1012; 2/6/15 at 8:58 PM.

5 members like this post: flatout, jjones752, Mattmac05, mc/rider, spicoli
2/6/15, 9:50 PM   #4
flatout

Nice to see a promoter working to achieve his vision. Hope the fans and racers continue to support Plymouth Speedway

1 member likes this post: mc/rider
2/6/15, 11:51 PM   #5
Nate

I like the fact there's someone out there trying to improve their track for their fans and drivers but I think there are things that need to be hashed out before anything like that happens.

For instance, I attended 3 races there last year...each night the track prep was "so-so" at best. I enjoyed the Open Wheel Wednesday event but to have asphault showing was a bit ridiculous. Additionally every night I've been there the races ran way later than any other track in the area. Kokomo for instance will run a full show and still have fans on their way home by 10-1030. I don't mind it as much on a Saturday but when im there until midnight on a Wednesday I won't lie, it kinda sucks driving back to Fort Wayne for work on Thursday.

That being said I hope their All Star and WoO shows go well this year in order to get the track more notoriety. It would be nice to have a track a little closer to home that runs sprints on Saturday nights, if that's in the future plans.

2 members like this post: cwfan08, spicoli
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > A Vision of Plymouth Speedway in a few years