IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Eldora Crowd
5/12/08, 11:53 PM   #31
Re: Eldora Crowd
Sprint63122

All I needed to see was Clayton and Stanbrough was going to Haubstadt sealed the deal for me even more the difference in track prep plus the racing action at Tri-State is always better than eldora with no dust involved.

5/13/08, 8:18 AM   #32
FASTNOTLAST

Tony hope you read this and Wake up and get a track prep person who waters more than on race day as a racer and as a fan I won't be back till things change as far as the extreamly dusty track conditions and the USAC officials should tell you the same as several of us have voiced our concerns. and as always Larry Boos did a excellant job.:thumbsdown:

5/13/08, 8:41 AM   #33
Amzie

It's not always a lack of water that causes the dust. Sometimes its the clay/dirt that makes up the track surface and I think the last batch of dirt they got at Eldora is horrible. They should also get rid of the sheep's foot roller. When you pack the track down like pavement the water can't sink in. Look at the racy tracks that don't get so dusty and don't turn slick/black early(Haubstadt, Bloomington, Kokomo) now think about the tracks that have all the little dimples all over the track when you get there(Eldora, Paragon, Kamp's) they're usually taking rubber and kicking up dust during hotlaps. Could you imagine Eldora covered in Bloomington red clay:eek:

5/13/08, 8:48 AM   #34
SUPERDUKE
Banned

:redflag:THEY NEED TO GET RID OF LARRY AND LARRY!!!!!!!!!!!!

5/13/08, 9:14 AM   #35
sam

Gotta disagree with ya Superduke....Boos lives at the track and would do anything to keep Eldora a premier track. He has no control on the track maintenance.

5/13/08, 9:44 AM   #36
SUPERDUKE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam View Post
Gotta disagree with ya Superduke....Boos lives at the track and would do anything to keep Eldora a premier track. He has no control on the track maintenance.
HE IS A JERK AND VERY RUDE TO A LOT OF PEOPLE NOBODY THAT WORKS THERE LIKES HIM! ASK SOME OF THE HELP!

5/13/08, 10:00 AM   #37
ossuks

Random:
1 Was the crowd smaller than other times ? Yes
2 Was the crowd smallest ever? No way
3 The BigE is alot bigger than 20 yrs ago!
4 There is no way you could have put all the people at Eldora Sat. in Gas City!!!
5 When Eldora slicks off and they run the fence, all is good in the world!!
When a track is tacky all are fast and passing is minimal. When a track take rubber on the bottom and its a parade, that sucks. When you go to Eldora you know you are going to see the best run the fence!! It takes talent and some bravery. IMO thats as good as it gets.
6 Last week I made reference to the best being at Eldora and a few heros going to MSCS race. Then some decided to beat me up because I was negative. I have re-read that post several times and do not understand the negative, if I would have said I did not want to go to the tractor parade, or see top speeds of 85mph or that the talent pool was shallow, then I could understand the bashing, but, all i said was I was going to Eldora to see (imo) the best?

5/13/08, 10:35 PM   #38
Tim Watson

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERDUKE View Post
HE IS A JERK AND VERY RUDE TO A LOT OF PEOPLE NOBODY THAT WORKS THERE LIKES HIM! ASK SOME OF THE HELP!
I think Larry Boos is a nice guy and has never been rude to me. I don't get to make as many trips to Eldora as i would like to but if i have a question or comment i e-mail the track and Larry always gets back to me in a timely manner and keeps me up to speed. :wink

5/14/08, 7:19 AM   #39
SUPERDUKE
Banned

:checkered:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Watson View Post
I think Larry Boos is a nice guy and has never been rude to me. I don't get to make as many trips to Eldora as i would like to but if i have a question or comment i e-mail the track and Larry always gets back to me in a timely manner and keeps me up to speed. :wink
ASK THE TRACK HELP!

5/14/08, 9:01 AM   #40
Tripcrwn

What position does this Larry Boos person hold down at Eldora? Is he in a key position?

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Eldora Crowd