IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bloomington speedway to run 305 racesaver sprints in 2015
10/4/14, 10:29 PM   #171
Re: Bloomington speedway to run 305 racesaver sprints in 201
KKinser99

Here was a real nice racesaver payout. http://newegyptspeedway.net/AllStar2...%20Sprints.pdf

1 member likes this post: Josh Kinser
10/5/14, 12:00 AM   #172
hoscalecody

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAD View Post
Hos

Have you run any with MMSA or Montpelier?

Honest Dad himself
I haven't ran with MMSA i ran at Montpelier with the midgets and was planing on going back on the 11th until they canceled i was talking about AMSA because i know a few people thinking about racing with them with not much money in a motor on here.

10/5/14, 9:56 AM   #173
DAD

Hos

I guess you aren't in the chase for the perfect attendance award up at Waynesfield, So why don't you load up and head south to the MMSA's two day race at Chandler and Haubstadt this weekend. It would be an excellent way to gauge your racing program. Sounds to me like you are concerned about those super trick $10,000.00 Ohio race motors. Last I checked and I did we don't have any of them racing with us right now. You might thoroughly enjoy your self.

The best way that I know of to kill a racing group is to allow racers to believe that they are getting beat by money instead of experience. If you look at the top 5 racing with you and you don't consider their engine package, do they share any other similarities. Do they have more experience in the seat than the other racers? Do they have a more experienced crew guiding them and setting up the car? Do they spend more money on set up parts like shocks, bars, springs? Do they spend more money buying new tires to race on? These are just a few things that wining racers do to win. If they take care of these things, they probably don't even need to wory too much about their engine package.

No matter if it is racing Go Karts, Mini Sprints, or 410 sprint cars there is a lot more to wining than the motor.

Our little motors left the factory in a state of tune only rivaled by Indy Cars and Formula I race cars.. They did not leave a lot of room for improvement. That $10,000.00 might buy 10 or so more horsepower. Not enough to overcome a lousy set up or driver, but at the expense of reliability.

Kawasaki just came out with the ZX10rr H-2. A 1000cc supercharged motor to set a new mark in the Motorcycle Horsepower Race. They could not get any more Horsepower out of their 1000cc motor with trick cams, bigger valves, bigger ports etc. The stuff that the engine guys charge so much money for. There is just nothing more to do to one of these motors to get more power out of them without turning them into hand grenades.

It seems that the huffer will do two things, improve the breathing ability of the motor (lots more power) and allows them to drop the rev limit way down to improve reliability.

The same type of people running up front at Waynesfield will be running up front in the 305 sprint cars.

Honest Dad himself

PS check with Andy about gas money.
Last edited by DAD; 10/5/14 at 10:09 AM.

10/5/14, 3:44 PM   #174
Josh Kinser

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmiracingvids View Post
No way. A stock 1000cc bike motor is 3k at the most. I go through probably 5-7 gallons of methanol a night. A GOOD 410 is 20k and they go through 20-25 gallons of methanol a night. That's not even close.
Ill agree that a brand new 410 can cost 20k plus, but its not necessary in my opinion. There are used 410s that are competitive and capable of being able to run up front, especially in a non wing class on Indiana 1/4 miles, that can be readily found for much less. There is a -12 head 410,maintained by J&D Performance, in the classifieds right now for 7k.

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, Kellen Conover
10/5/14, 7:40 PM   #175
cmiracingvids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Kinser View Post
Ill agree that a brand new 410 can cost 20k plus, but its not necessary in my opinion. There are used 410s that are competitive and capable of being able to run up front, especially in a non wing class on Indiana 1/4 miles, that can be readily found for much less. There is a -12 head 410,maintained by J&D Performance, in the classifieds right now for 7k.
Sure. I'm curious though, how much a motor for someone like Brady Short, Jon Stanbrough or Dave Darland costs? Cause those are the guys you're gonna have to beat. What I'm saying is there isn't much difference between 1000cc motors, and they all cost about the same. There must be some difference in a big time motor, rather an every Friday or Saturday night motor for 7k.

10/5/14, 8:19 PM   #176
old timer

Now I'm confused are they running mini sprints thought it was 305s.

2 members like this post: Fox.53, KKinser99
10/5/14, 10:41 PM   #177
Bill May

This thread has been Hijacked, no message board security.

Bill May

2 members like this post: fish, SWScaleChassis
10/5/14, 10:48 PM   #178
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Every thread turns into a mini sprint thread.

3 members like this post: jjracer636, Kellen Conover, Morin Racing 98
10/5/14, 10:54 PM   #179
cmiracingvids

Quote:
Originally Posted by old timer View Post
Now I'm confused are they running mini sprints thought it was 305s.
They're running 305s. We'll see how everything turns out next year.

10/5/14, 10:59 PM   #180
DAD

Should hit 25000 hits before noon. Do I detect an Interest here. I think the yea definitely have outnumbered the nays. Hopefully the folks at Bloomington will make an announcement very soon and all them old Sprint cars laying around in peoples garage will double in price over night. Anybody got any motor parts laying around?

Charles>>>>Everybody knows that them mini sprint racers are all wana-be Sprint car racers.

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 10/5/14 at 11:01 PM.

1 member likes this post: KKinser99
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bloomington speedway to run 305 racesaver sprints in 2015