IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Plot twist...
9/25/14, 3:20 PM   #1
Plot twist...
IndySprintCar

"Ontario County District Attorney Michael Tantillo said the victim was under the influence of marijuana the night of the accident, “enough to impair judgment.”

http://www.thestar.com/autos/2014/09...t_he_died.html

9/25/14, 6:41 PM   #2
Re: Plot twist...
racerjim2

Here’s the family’s statement.

“Our son got out of his car during caution when the race was suspended. All the other vehicles were reducing speed and not accelerating except for Stewart, who intentionally tried to intimidate Kevin by accelerating and sliding his car toward him, causing the tragedy. The focus should be on the actions of Mr. Stewart. This matter is not at rest and we will pursue all remedies in fairness to Kevin.”

Read more at http://pitgrit.com/9891/kevin-ward-j...UCBmqOLby9m.99

Sounds to me like they want some MONEY to ease the pain of losing a son.

3 members like this post: Pat O'Connor Fan, team3521, TQ29m
9/25/14, 7:00 PM   #3
dirt in ur beer
Banned

Race Count This Year: 41
Race Count Last Year: 28

Show me that the remedies R going to something to promote this young mans life , like a scholarship. Not some lawyers vacation home or just to take it cause Tony's got it. Hell I'll chip in $20 worth of remedy for a gd cause.

1 member likes this post: team3521
9/25/14, 7:19 PM   #4
Morin Racing 98

Race Count Last Year: 27

Very dissappointing to hear he was smoking marijuana and driving a sprint car! Anyone who drives these cars should realize the responsibilty they have towards their competitors...any car for that matter.

9/25/14, 8:32 PM   #5
HARFprez

Race Count This Year: 3

Rumor mill i heard was that Tony was not admitting any guilt, but wanted to make a kind gesture to the family and have a memorial race at Eldora for their son every year, with the family getting all the proceeds, instead, they'll want to drag it thru the courts. Stay tuned for the results.

9/25/14, 8:58 PM   #6
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

If the family proceeds with a civil suit I have a hard time seeing the family winning with it now known what Kevin had in his system and the marijuana thing hanging over the judge and the jury.

1 member likes this post: team3521
9/25/14, 9:41 PM   #7
kidrock

I would think it would be in Tony's best interest to settle out of court and not drag this through the court system. I'm sure this is what will happen in the ultimate end.

9/25/14, 9:58 PM   #8
i love dirt track racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
I would think it would be in Tony's best interest to settle out of court and not drag this through the court system. I'm sure this is what will happen in the ultimate end.
So sad to say. But for tsr that will be the only way to do this mess. Just hope that we all will see tony back at the things he loves and supports. the things we love dirt track racing. thanks tsr for all the great things that you and teams do for us racing families. Go tsr

9/26/14, 5:25 PM   #9
Sprintcarfanatic

Just heard on the radio on the way home that he released a statement & part of that was he didn't know if he would ever drive a sprint car again.

9/26/14, 5:45 PM   #10
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

The sad parts, A kid is dead, Two people and a 23 person grand jury found nothing putting smoke at fault. The DA's statement after the Grand Jury finding said that Smoke did not deviate course or speed as Ward was coming down the track and the only thing that caused it, was the impact.

Instead of We're saddened by the outcome of the case, We are considering pursuing a civil suit. They just come out with a Tony's guilty statement.

There's nothing good about the whole thing, Other than Smoke being cleared of wrong doing, Several lives were changed that night, Forever! and one was extinguished.

1 member likes this post: Joey Woods
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Plot twist...