IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Just have to brag about my non down tube car
8/28/14, 11:52 PM   #1
Just have to brag about my non down tube car
okienonwingfan

I bought this car off the Simmons about two to three years years ago. I race with the WOW group, Wingless Oklahoma Warriors. It is a 99 stealth.
Attached Images
ada the 23rd.jpg (49.1 KB, 693 views)

8/29/14, 2:05 AM   #2
Re: Just have to brag about my non down tube car
John P Huss

Great looking non down tube car!
Best Regards,
John

1 member likes this post: bowbuild
8/29/14, 8:00 AM   #3
streetglider

Sharp looking car ! I am still partial to cars without down tubes . Elbows up!!

8/29/14, 8:29 AM   #4
dirt in ur beer
Banned

Race Count This Year: 41
Race Count Last Year: 28

Nice looking car !

8/29/14, 3:44 PM   #5
RMHart

Mat be former Joey Saldana car as he had wing posts moved further down cage.

8/29/14, 10:03 PM   #6
LocalYokel

Just a guess, but is it possibly one of Sammy's old cars? I didn't think Stealth was still making production non down tube cars in 99. They were making cars for Sammy at that time and I believe his were non-down tube.

8/30/14, 2:14 PM   #7
okienonwingfan

I do not know much about the history of the car. It might have came out of Indiana originally. According to someone I talked to awhile back ago this chassis did win a series championship with I think MSCS a few years back ago.

8/30/14, 6:18 PM   #8
RushvilleDirtFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by okienonwingfan View Post
I do not know much about the history of the car. It might have came out of Indiana originally. According to someone I talked to awhile back ago this chassis did win a series championship with I think MSCS a few years back ago.
It might be Kyle Cummins' old car.

8/31/14, 9:16 AM   #9
Dgentry51

Bill Schemonia, from Murphysboro Ill. was second owner of this car, he bought it from someone in Ohio, I drove the car in the 2002 season w/MSCS, finished 2nd in points that year.

1 member likes this post: midget39
8/31/14, 10:24 AM   #10
Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by okienonwingfan View Post
OK Folks - Here's the story on this car. My son, Jake, bought this car from a guy (Billy Ray Olson, I think) in Iowa in 2004. This one is a 2000 that we raced with MSCS in 2004 and some in 2005. It raced with a wing later in an All-Star race at THAT and some ASCS shows around Houston and Little Rock. The original body was one copied from Swindell as the car was fashioned to be like the Channel-Lock cars he drove at the time. I still have that body, but I changed the hood to one of the one-piece hood/nose bodies that I got from Maxim during a close-out in 2005 (I think I paid $50 for it). It looks like Erich has changed a few pieces but is otherwise as he bought it from us. By the way, Donnie, I still have the car we bought from you, so this is not the one. It is for sale if anyone is interested.

Tim Simmons

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Just have to brag about my non down tube car