IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Thank you Mel for trying
8/2/14, 10:28 PM   #31
cleatziff

Its also worth noting my wife, who is less than five foot tall, is comfortable in the gas city grandstand

2 members like this post: Obie, PIT CART
8/2/14, 10:38 PM   #32
cleatziff

Talledega, talledega short track, speedrome, anderson, lorp, ims, richmond international Speedway...

1 member likes this post: kylenap
8/2/14, 11:27 PM   #33
Re: Thank you Mel for trying
turn4rob

come on out to Perris if you want comfort,grand stand is 1/2 full on a good night and you only have to wait 4 to 6 week between sprint car shows and w/20-30 cars you won't have to deal with all that annoying noise ans dirt.

ROB

3 members like this post: kylenap, mowerman, speed bump
8/2/14, 11:38 PM   #34
cleatziff

Perris speedway is on my bucket list. However, they dont dont have as much competition as tracks in Indiana do. I love the racing at gas city i am just not comfortable in the grand stands. All i am saying is if u are not the only option you must make yourself the desirable option. Gas city and bloomington are equal distance from indianapolis (where i live) with similar products. I am going to the track where i can be more comfortable. My mind and eyes love both tracks. My back, hips and knees definitely prefer bloomington.

1 member likes this post: Obie
8/2/14, 11:40 PM   #35
cwfan08

Race Count This Year: 17

I am hoping someone will step up and try there hand at the track.. Yes the city won't let them rebuild the grandstands.. Have been over this many times. But the car count last night was a lot better than i would have expected.. Just a ghost town in the stands. Its a shame and it's really nothing Mel had done. He is a great promoter..things just didn't work out..we lost kiss and midget week.. Those hurt and the races we did get in it seemed like weather was always in the area..sure they don't have late models anymore or big mod shows but he stepped up to the plate with the midgets..and the 3 shows we got in they got more midgets than Montpelier so he was doing something right. I hate to hear that the track may be closing it has been a major part of my life since I was 10 my dad took me out there in 96 and I have been hooked since..I am hopeful we will run some again this season.

Tyler

8/3/14, 9:49 AM   #36
mowerman

Race Count This Year: 13
Race Count Last Year: 87

Quote:
Originally Posted by turn4rob View Post
come on out to Perris if you want comfort,grand stand is 1/2 full on a good night and you only have to wait 4 to 6 week between sprint car shows and w/20-30 cars you won't have to deal with all that annoying noise ans dirt.

ROB
So true Rob , I've told a lot of people back the 2nd time you complain about anything back here they should be required to spend a race season in California .

5 members like this post: BrentTFunk, cwfan08, HARFprez, Ken Bonnema, rachasin
8/3/14, 11:07 AM   #37
PIT CART

90% chance THEY ARE running next Friday!! I really hate to see this track go away but the times are changing.

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, FishBurger
8/3/14, 12:04 PM   #38
Jerry Spencer

See post from Gas City I 69 Speedway today Sunday 8/3/2014 Very good chance someone has taken over and the may run next Friday.

Great news

Jerry #66j
stida.com / Halfmoon Resturant & Brewery
www.joshspencer.com and on Facebook @ Spencer racing

6 members like this post: BrentTFunk, cleatziff, FishBurger, jaybird, PIT CART, PJ Wright
8/3/14, 12:58 PM   #39
mc/rider

Race Count This Year: 42

Bleachers are important but I cant recall their being a deciding factor in going to Gas City or any other speedway.

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester
8/3/14, 1:12 PM   #40
The Old Coyote

Does anyone know the reason the city won't let them install new grandstands?

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Thank you Mel for trying