IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Rain Out Procedures
7/15/14, 6:35 PM   #31
Re: Rain Out Procedures
Nate

I'm still trying to figure out why everyone is so worked up about this whole rainout deal. It happens somewhere every week and nobody is ever THIS worked up about it. Theres more outcry about this Lawrenceburg show it seems like than Haubstadt last year and lets face it that battle at Tri-State brewing going into the final round last year between Clauson and KTJ would have been a good one, both racing for the rocker.

7/15/14, 6:46 PM   #32
sprntr

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt330 View Post
Have you ever bought a scratch off ticket, lottery ticket,or put money in a slot machine, and lost your money ? Did you complain to the lottery board or the gaming commisioner that you didn't win what you wanted?
No, but I definitely would complain if I bought a lottery ticket and they didn't hold the drawing!

steiny

1 member likes this post: Clydesdale
7/15/14, 7:03 PM   #33
kidrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
LBurg Rules page
RAIN OUTS/CANCELLATIONS/UNCOMPLETED EVENTS:
Track officials may cancel a race if dangerous or unsafe conditions arise. If the race is called because of an accident or weather, the payoff will be based on the last completed green flag lap. All cars involved in the final caution will be scored at the end of the last completed lap. For the race to be considered official, at least 50% of the scheduled number of laps must have been completed.

If all of the preliminary races or part of the features have been completed and the weather forces the program to be cancelled, there will be no "rainout". Make-up features will be run in the subsequent nights, if possible, and no new cars will be added to the field. Also, if all of the preliminaries are completed on day on of a two-day show, no new cars will be able to compete on the second day in a consy or feature, unless they were in the pit area on the first day.

If the races are cancelled prior to the completion of all of the preliminary events, a "rain out" will be declared. Your tickets will be good for any race remainder of the year (excluding WOO events or Fun Fest) at face value. If an increased admission event occurs in one of the following weeks, you may use your rain check and pay the difference. No refunds will be given for the difference in the ticket prices in either case.

Exception: If feature event(s) is/are cancelled and the show has been considered a complete show, and no rain date will be utilized, the total feature purse may be split equally among the qualified drivers, if 50% or more of the feature has not been completed. Officials also reserves the right to choose a scenario that best fits the interest of Lawrenceburg Speedway, which may or may not include a make-up night or refunding of all gate receipts.

LPS Track Info page
Rain Out Policy
A ticket may be used at any time during the remainder of the season. It is recommended that a special event ticket be used for another special event. If special event rain out ticket is used for a regular event, there will be no cash refunds. Regular tickets can be upgraded for a special event.

Gas City Website N/A

Paragon
Rainout Policy
In the event of a sudden shower, the starter will halt the races. If the rain, in the opinion of the track officials, is sufficient to cancel the remainder of the contest, racing will not be resumed. If warm-ups and Heat races have been completed, rain checks will Not be honored. However, the missed events (Semi's or Features) will be run on a subsequent evening. In any case, always keep your ticket stub and await instructions from the track officials. There will be NO CASH REFUNDS!

Weather forecasters seem to love to predict rain, gloom and doom. Well... we just don't listen. We go ahead with our racing events whenever we can, regardless of predictions or actual conditions in the surrounding communities. Many fans call early in the afternoon after the weatherman threatens bad stuff. We never call an event early if it looks like rain or even if they predict bad weather. They seem to be wrong 99% of the time. Should we second guess Mother Nature and be wrong, we are sorry.
Please check our website or call the track phones for current weather related messages.

In some instances, events must be cancelled. Although the favored choice, for the safety of both participants and spectators, these decisions must be made. We hope you enjoy Paragon Speedway and become one of our valued fans.

Less than 6 events: Rain checks are used and will be honored for an upcoming event. Rain check will be valid for the amount you paid.

More than 6 events: Considered a complete show and rain checks will NOT be used. Rain out features will be run the next available week, before that evenings heat races.

Kokomo
The rain check policy is as follows: If the halfway point in the program (heat races) has been completed, rain checks will NOT be issued. If the halfway point has not been completed, rain checks will be honored at forthcoming regular programs. NO CASH REFUNDS. Rained-out features will be run the following week, before the evening’s heat races.

Terre Haute
N/A on Website but they have honored rainout wristbands for future shows. Personal Experience.

Bloomington
Rain Check Policy
In the event of severe or inclement weather the flagman will Red Flag the racing. If, in the opinion of the Speedway management and officials, the weather is sufficient enough to cancel the remainder of the racing program it will be called off because of weather. If the halfway point in the program has been completed (heat races and B-mains), rain checks will not be honored. If the halfway point in the program has not been completed, rain checks will be honored at any event at a dollar to dollar value.

Your ticket stub or armband is your rain check. Bloomington Speedway is not responsible for loss or theft of your rain check.

If you choose to use your rain check receipt at an event with a higher admission price you will have to pay the difference. There are NO REFUNDS.

Rained out feature events will be made up if possible and time permits.

Tri-State Faq page

What happens if a race is rained out or postponed?
ANSWER:

If tickets have been sold and we have not completed one half of the events (to be determined by the event itself), the ticket stubs will be honored if the race is rescheduled or at one of the next two scheduled races with the price adjusted if necessary. You must keep your ticket stub (rain check) to present for exchange at the ticket booth when you return. There are no cash refunds.

Eldora
Rain Check Policies – In the event of a complete rainout, a ticket holder has the option of receiving a refund or applying the value of their ticket towards another event. Refunds are issued in the same manner in which the purchase was made. Rain check policies may differ on events that were started prior to the rain cancellation. Please listen to Public Address announcements or refer to www.eldoraspeedway.com for detailed information regarding those situations. A rain check of a complimentary ticket (face value of $0.00) is not a valid rain check.

They're almost all identical and yet we still have the people who pitch a hissy, Say they've never had that happen to them etc.
There it is.
Good work now does each track have this posted at their track in plain view for everyone to see. If not they need to. If you have a good policy there is no need to hide it. Some think if the post it it might detour some from coming but, my feeling is if they don't know and then you enforce the rule you have laid out they get pissed and say they are never coming back.

7/15/14, 7:13 PM   #34
Quick Change

Race Count This Year: 23
Race Count Last Year: 29

Big shows should never be rained out but always have a rain date planned in advance.

2 members like this post: Clydesdale, i love dirt track racing
7/15/14, 7:22 PM   #35
mowerman

Race Count This Year: 13
Race Count Last Year: 87

Eric thanks for your post , you took a lot of heat off the promoters .

7/15/14, 7:45 PM   #36
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

7 shows, Ten days. Say four of the shows got rained out and had a rain date and you couldn't make that date. You'd be *$*$# same as you are now.

1 member likes this post: Hanna23
7/15/14, 7:48 PM   #37
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
7 shows, Ten days. Say four of the shows got rained out and had a rain date and you couldn't make that date. You'd be *$*$# same as you are now.
In fact, With your Arm Band, Didn't LBurg essentially give you a rain date for sprint week 2015 or any remaining show on this years schedule?

7/15/14, 9:40 PM   #38
rclaridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
Good work now does each track have this posted at their track in plain view for everyone to see. If not they need to. If you have a good policy there is no need to hide it. Some think if the post it it might detour some from coming but, my feeling is if they don't know and then you enforce the rule you have laid out they get pissed and say they are never coming back.
I know TSS has theirs clearly post at the ticket booth

7/15/14, 10:32 PM   #39
Bad Dad 54

Ooookay my feeling is it's my money so that me boss not the track owner. The track wants to be like that I'll stay home, been goin racing since 1968 never have seen such lousy promoters as lately. Don't advertise, treat people & racers poorly then wonder why nobody comes. Racer told me promoter told them don't like it there's the gate. There's another track about 1.5 miles away on the same night - stupid. Never had a problem w/ refund when it rained in old days, sure 1/2 the races fine no refund. But when all you do is build heat in engine & rains refunds are due. I enjoy racing but lately it's get'n bad.
Another thing is moan & groan about refund but will race (non wing) at a track w/ no ambulance or fire equipment NOW THAT'S STUPID

1 member likes this post: ossuks
7/15/14, 11:07 PM   #40
oldfan49

There have been times I have went to the promoter and explained I live 4 or 5 states away and he understood and bought my ticket back, those times seem to be less and less. Other times I have been told it wasn't their fault I drove so far and can't come back.

But then again my wife and I still drove out from Kansas for Gas City and Kokomo when They were saying a 70% chance of rain for Saturday when we left. We had to work Monday so we didn't have the chance to gamble on Sunday.

If a refund is not available and I know I can't make it for the rain date I usually look for a local fan, give them my ticket or armband and ask them to take or give it to someone who normally doesn't normally go to the races. New fans means the track will be there when I can come back.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Rain Out Procedures