IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > New Monroe Co. noise ordinance
7/12/14, 5:30 PM   #21
Re: New Monroe Co. noise ordinance
old timer

I do know tonight after 10 I will be calling the monroe county sheriff and turning in a complian for noise from the road in front of my house we only set 75ft off the road.

7/12/14, 7:35 PM   #22
TheGhostOfOpperman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by old timer View Post
I do know tonight after 10 I will be call the monroe county sheriff and turning in a complian for noise from the road in front of my house we only set 75ft off the road.
Calling in unnecessary complaints will only increase the work AND give them statistical support to add more noise regulations.

7/12/14, 7:47 PM   #23
indydmax

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGhostOfOpperman View Post
Calling in unnecessary complaints will only increase the work AND give them statistical support to add more noise regulations.
Calling in will not cause more regulations. It will cause more work. I'm not promoting this, yet. We need to let the track and the county attempt to workout a solution to pacify the vocal few. If that doesn't work out, we need to file petitions and support the track. The facility has been there for 89 years. The individuals that live close to the track knew the situation when they purchased a home. Bloomington speedway has already implemented a muffler rule. They are taking the proper steps!!!

1 member likes this post: Mattmac05
7/12/14, 7:51 PM   #24
old timer

Do nothing and I will guarantee you they will close the speedway down! Watched the guys in action for the past 35 years.

7/12/14, 7:59 PM   #25
indydmax

Agree. Give a bit of time. The 50 ft rules is insane. Most county roads will violate the rule.

7/12/14, 8:46 PM   #26
TheGhostOfOpperman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by indydmax View Post
Calling in will not cause more regulations.
You guys know it all. Call in all day and help them regulate the track right out of business.

1 member likes this post: fish
7/12/14, 8:53 PM   #27
addictedtodirt

Go to the show. Have a good time. Enjoy great racing. If the county imposes a fine, pass the hat. If an announcement were made explaining the fine and the hat passing, I guarantee they would collect enough for a first time fine. 2nd time??

1 member likes this post: bowbuild
7/12/14, 9:30 PM   #28
TheGhostOfOpperman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by addictedtodirt View Post
Go to the show. Have a good time. Enjoy great racing. If the county imposes a fine, pass the hat. If an announcement were made explaining the fine and the hat passing, I guarantee they would collect enough for a first time fine. 2nd time??
lol. You want THE FANS to pay the fine???????????????

1 member likes this post: fish
7/13/14, 7:18 AM   #29
addictedtodirt

Yer right Opp...its near 10pm and the feature hasn't ran. Pack er up. Can't run because a buck or two might break the bank.
Last edited by addictedtodirt; 7/13/14 at 7:23 AM.

1 member likes this post: Mattmac05
7/13/14, 8:20 AM   #30
sw1911

Trying to think like they do, if we just get those speedway objectors to go to enough races, they will become race fans. So give them free passes to the track.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > New Monroe Co. noise ordinance