IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Tri-State-Speedway
5/26/14, 9:11 AM   #31
wildman92

Race Count This Year: 50

Feature results per KISS Facebook page: bland. Ballou. Leary. Stockon. Brady short. Cottle. Jackson. Cummins. Carson short. Sterrett. Parker. Andretti. Clayton. Stanbrough. Shuman. Smith. Hunter. Brackett. Babcock. Williams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 member likes this post: Dirtfan
5/26/14, 9:23 AM   #32
stanbrough4presidentgo53

Might as well throw wings on them.. Normally im all for track prep etc.. but its not working.. Seems like when they work the track after hot laps and b mains they make the track impossible to pass and one lane.. Just think something is wrong when Stanbro and Clayton cant make one move for 20 laps.. just my 2 cents go ahead and start killing me.. Chevy

5/26/14, 9:31 AM   #33
Re: Tri-State-Speedway
Jerry Shaw

Shane Cottle rolls into next week's Paragon KISS finale with a 16 point lead over Brady Short:

KISS Points: 1. Shane Cottle 681, 2. Brady Short 665, 3. Jerry Coons Jr. 496, 4. Robert Ballou 479, 5. CJ Leary 474, 6. Kevin Thomas Jr. 473, 7. Jon Stanbrough 439, 8. Daron Clayton 416, 9. Jeff Bland Jr. 349, 10. Aaron Farney 341

Winston Churchill

2 members like this post: dirtnonwingfan, Throttlemom
5/26/14, 11:34 AM   #34
mowerman

Race Count This Year: 13
Race Count Last Year: 87

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanbrough4presidentgo53 View Post
Might as well throw wings on them.. Normally im all for track prep etc.. but its not working.. Seems like when they work the track after hot laps and b mains they make the track impossible to pass and one lane.. Just think something is wrong when Stanbro and Clayton cant make one move for 20 laps.. just my 2 cents go ahead and start killing me.. Chevy
That's why we quit going there .

2 members like this post: AustinSprinter, Justigit
5/26/14, 12:06 PM   #35
Jerry Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowerman View Post
That's why we quit going there .
What do you know or even remember? You spend most of your time in the parking lot, anyway.

Winston Churchill

5/26/14, 12:11 PM   #36
Jerry Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanbrough4presidentgo53 View Post
The last time down there was a race of the year candidate. This time, just an average race. One with some great performances, though. With track prep, I guess these guys never really know what they're going to get. I know one thing, I've been going down there for many years and many of the best races I've ever seen were because of the work that Tommy does.

Jerry

Winston Churchill
Last edited by Jerry Shaw; 5/26/14 at 1:40 PM.

2 members like this post: ByronMack, rclaridge
5/26/14, 1:06 PM   #37
mc/rider

Race Count This Year: 42

I missed the race do to the fact I couldnt take my eyes off MDC.He was well inside the top ten when he got to much throttle and not enough wheel.I believe Stanbrough was hangin with him.Many thought the track prep went a bit to long.Great race
Last edited by mc/rider; 5/26/14 at 1:12 PM.

5/26/14, 1:34 PM   #38
on_the_edge

I believe Tommy did something different with the dirt before this race and didn't know it was going to be like so early in the night. The track did make for some really good heat races and after the long rework and a few laps into the feature it came back around. Guys were running on the tires, some through the middle, and some up running the cushion. It was a 3 groove track but the changes that were made I think threw some guys for a loop and that's why they struggled. The notes they had from previous races were not gonna work on that surface last night, which I think explained why Clayton and JS didn't move forward to much in the feature like you would expect from those 2 guys. The track might have been better if no rework but that would not be Tommy fashion and he attempts to make the best surface possible for the racers and fans. No one can deny they didn't see a good race throughout the pack there were guys making moves and some questionable ones but that's what you get on tight bullrings. The dirt will probably be different next race depending on how Tommy felt the racing was last night.

1 member likes this post: mc/rider
5/26/14, 2:11 PM   #39
Rpracing1

Anybody who thought last night track rework was long was not at Bloomington Friday. Anyone who has attended the Memorial weekend show at TSS for the past 30 years knows he always does a major rework on this date. Many humorous comments listed above. 😜

5/26/14, 2:58 PM   #40
Jerry Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpracing1 View Post
Anybody who thought last night track rework was long was not at Bloomington Friday. Anyone who has attended the Memorial weekend show at TSS for the past 30 years knows he always does a major rework on this date. Many humorous comments listed above. ��
What? You're still on Bloomington Speedway, Rpracing? What's humorous is your inconsistency. I know you're a Haubstadt local and call Tommy a genius every time he does it (although I don't disagree with that notion). But then you can't then pretend to be Mr Track Expert and rip another track while they're learning how to do it. Especially on a night when they're doing it and right in front of your eyes, they're taking pointers from the man himself.

Myself, ANYTIME I see a track make the effort to make their track better, it's a GOOD THING. Some have been doing it longer than others, so they're more efficient at it. Sometimes it works sometimes it's doesn't work out so well. Either way, they tried. The only bad thing is to leave thinking a track didn't even try. Bloomington ended up being the best feature I saw all weekend.

Jerry

Winston Churchill
Last edited by Jerry Shaw; 5/26/14 at 3:10 PM.

1 member likes this post: JackSam40
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Tri-State-Speedway