IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > POWRi Missouri weekend?
5/4/14, 9:12 PM   #11
Re: POWRi Missouri weekend?
Jonr

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESSLINGER View Post
He won with an illegal engine and nothing was done about it.
Care to elaborate on that?

1 member likes this post: DAD
5/5/14, 11:46 AM   #12
ernart3

Motor that won Friday is illegal in powri but they decided to let them run this weekend or that's what powri official told me

5/5/14, 6:15 PM   #13
racenut69

I guess all the Toyota motors are illegal,since he gets his from TRD,correct??..GO ZACH!

5/5/14, 6:24 PM   #14
Revin

Great weekend coming up for Midgets!

62nd Annual Hut 100 Presented by Dupont
Tri City Speedway. Granite City, IL
Friday May 9th

Classes
USAC Midgets $4,000
UMP Modifieds $700

100 laps....33 cars...starting 3 abreast

General Admission Gates Open at 5:00
Adults $20
(No Reserve – All General Admission)
Kids 12 & Under FREE

Pit Gates Open at 3:00
Pit Pass $35
Kids Pit Pass $10 (12 & under)
Racing at 7:00

Parts/Tires/Fuel available at the Track

FREE Camping (NO Hookups)
FREE Parking

Tickets on Sale Now!
All General Admission – Pre Order Tickets held in Will Call
(NO Reserve Seating)
Call Tammy Gundaker at 636-448-9111 or email to tricityspeedway@msn.com

Physical Address:
5100 Nameoki Rd
Pontoon Beach, IL 62040

Motel – Host Hotel with a Racer/Fan Discount
When booking your room your discount code is: Tri City Speedway
Sleep Inn & Suites – (1 Mile from the track Exit 6 Hwy 111)
618-512-1314

Racetrack: 618-931-7836
Kevin Gundaker: 636-795-0052
Tammy Gundaker: 636-448-9111

email: tricityspeedway@msn.com
Find us on Facebook
Twitter@tricity11

1 member likes this post: racenut69
5/5/14, 8:57 PM   #15
ernart3

Daum didn't win friday

5/5/14, 9:19 PM   #16
on_the_edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by racenut69 View Post
I guess all the Toyota motors are illegal,since he gets his from TRD,correct??..GO ZACH!
It was Hagen in a Wilke car? Possibly the SR11 motor that you are speaking of?

5/5/14, 11:16 PM   #17
ernart3

Yes the sr11 is not legal in powri but they let them run this weekend only is what I was told.

5/6/14, 10:34 AM   #18
JeAvart

The engine in question is the SR-11. According to the Powri rules, under IX Midget Specifications F 2 C, the engine is illegal due to the bore spacing. It is merely a question of what rules are going to be enforced and what rules are not? The engine is in blatant violation of the rule book, was allowed to compete, took points, money, and a starting position in the field from cars that were within the rules. It was stated to a competitor that raised questions about this to the tech director that the engine was illegal and was told not to bring it back after the weekend. So the question is then, does everyone get free passes on rules violations? They have opened themselves up to a very large problem. The engine has now been allowed to compete in 3 events, Jacksonville, Grain Valley, and Lucas Oil Speedway. So does that give everyone 3 free passes to bring something illegal to race? Not a good way to start a season for one of the best series's for midgets.

3 members like this post: DAD, El1teBr33ze, Kellen Conover
5/6/14, 11:25 AM   #19
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeAvart View Post
The engine in question is the SR-11. According to the Powri rules, under IX Midget Specifications F 2 C, the engine is illegal due to the bore spacing. It is merely a question of what rules are going to be enforced and what rules are not? The engine is in blatant violation of the rule book, was allowed to compete, took points, money, and a starting position in the field from cars that were within the rules. It was stated to a competitor that raised questions about this to the tech director that the engine was illegal and was told not to bring it back after the weekend. So the question is then, does everyone get free passes on rules violations? They have opened themselves up to a very large problem. The engine has now been allowed to compete in 3 events, Jacksonville, Grain Valley, and Lucas Oil Speedway. So does that give everyone 3 free passes to bring something illegal to race? Not a good way to start a season for one of the best series's for midgets.

RULES>>>??? (My son said that that means I am Yelling). The excessive use of very very specific rules develops a whole new type of racer. They are the guys that try to win by making the competition illegal because of some very specific rule in a rule book.

I heard it was an X Chili Bowl motor and was just plain too big, to me that would be cheating. When you get so specific with your rules (Bore Spacing limits) WHY DON'T YOU JUST COME RIGHT OUT AND SAY "NO MO PARS" ALLOWED>> OBSOLETE MOTORS NEED ONLY APPLY TO RACE HERE.

I think I have been here before. Why not just say Max cubic inch displacement is *** C.I. When you get so darned specific --you the organizer are only shooting your self in the foot or at best stepping on some other body appendix.

If you want to run off competitors just start making a few of these Good Faith decisions by the tec committee at your races and pretty soon, somebody will be eating your lunch.

"Keep It Simple People" and don't give cry babies grounds to start arguments and valid disputes at your races.

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 5/6/14 at 11:27 AM.

5/6/14, 11:34 AM   #20
on_the_edge

I believe the SR11 motor is legal for USAC and badger competition. The motor was used to compete at the grand Prix which was a co-sanctioned event. If it was some dominating amount of power I could see it not being legal but it didn't appear to be that way. Also find it interesting that Esslinger brought this issue up because wasn't Hagen running under the 56-inc banner this weekend just with wilke help? Correct me if I'm wrong but 56-inc runs esslinger motors normally. Issues prevented the original car being ready and wilke stepped in to help make sure they were able to race from what I understood.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > POWRi Missouri weekend?