Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Spoon River
9/15/13, 4:21 AM   #1
Spoon River
PPM Racing

High pit passes and expensive food!

9/15/13, 5:14 PM   #2
Re: Spoon River
SpfldMile

I don't know about pit passes, but food was a little pricey for what you get. I thought the racing was pretty good, though. I've always thought with a few upgrades, this could be one of the better tracks around. Congrats to Chris Bell on a great night. The PA said Davey Ray was injured in the pits by some fluids spraying in his face. I hope it's not too serious, and he recovers soon.

9/15/13, 5:33 PM   #3
Steve

PPM how much where the pit passes?

9/15/13, 5:36 PM   #4
mr nobody
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpfldMile View Post
I don't know about pit passes, but food was a little pricey for what you get. I thought the racing was pretty good, though. I've always thought with a few upgrades, this could be one of the better tracks around. Congrats to Chris Bell on a great night. The PA said Davey Ray was injured in the pits by some fluids spraying in his face. I hope it's not too serious, and he recovers soon.

$35.00 for a pit pass is a little cashy. If only they had sold to Tony Stewart when they had the chance to, this would be a first rate track. It does need some major renovations and I don't think present ownership will put that investment into it.

9/15/13, 7:28 PM   #5
DaveP63

I don't remember ever going over there and not getting rained out. I think we did actually hotlap once!

9/15/13, 9:00 PM   #6
kidrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr nobody View Post
$35.00 for a pit pass is a little cashy. If only they had sold to Tony Stewart when they had the chance to, this would be a first rate track. It does need some major renovations and I don't think present ownership will put that investment into it.
You might regret saying that one day because, Morey and Denny just might make some upgrades after all they just put up a new scoreboard this year.

9/15/13, 11:50 PM   #7

Race Count This Year: 14
Race Count Last Year: 24

I was there last night I thought the show was pretty good. I have been to spoon river several times over the years and have always seen great racing. I skipped the food as the line was way too long all night. but I found the girl scouts selling cookies with no waiting. Largest crowd I have seen there in my few visits. The secret of this hidden gem of a track must be getting out.

9/16/13, 3:32 PM   #8
mr nobody
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
You might regret saying that one day because, Morey and Denny just might make some upgrades after all they just put up a new scoreboard this year.

I hope I have to eat those words. I've been going to this track for 20+ years for the Knowles race and it is a very good track and fun for a driver and fans. It could be one of if not the best track in Illinois if it received the attention it honestly needs. That attention being from the owners of it and the racing organizations around the Midwest. Hopefully they (The Denny's) don't cancel another race on MOWA like what was done earlier. This is a sprint car track. It was built for sprint car racing. It needs more sprint car races there.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Spoon River