IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lost in thought!
9/2/13, 10:06 PM   #11
Re: Lost in thought!
jim goerge

Mike I;m glad Andrew is doing well Isn;t his birthday coming up and also is he still into keys?

1 member likes this post: Mud Packer
9/3/13, 8:17 AM   #12
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim goerge View Post
Mike I;m glad Andrew is doing well Isn;t his birthday coming up and also is he still into keys?
Jim,

Andrew's birthday is March 9th. I would imagine that you are thinking of the party my son and daughter-in-law threw in his honor around this time of year. They celebrated his miracle of life each year with an end of summer party. They have since backed off of this I believe for a couple of reasons....their names are Aaron & Benjamin. The twins are now three years old and quite the handful.

Oh yeah, Andrew still loves his keys. Not quite sure how many he has, but let's just say he could probably open a lot of doors around the country.

Thanks to all who continue to pray and remember Andrew. We think he is kinda of special.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
9/3/13, 9:53 AM   #13
TeamCGR

Mike, so glad to hear Andrew is doing well. That is a dreaded disease that this family is all too familiar with over the years. Two of my Aunt's and my Grandmother had serious Brain Tumors. It claimed the life of my one Aunt when she was just 29; it bed ridden my Grandmother and took all her physical functions for 50 years! and thank god my other Aunt came through due to a Miracle Physician from California, Dr. Keith Black.

Andrew is a special young man and he is obviously loved by your Family. I hope he lives a long and happy life. We miss you folks...

Pete G.

1 member likes this post: Mud Packer
9/3/13, 4:41 PM   #14
Mud Packer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamCGR View Post
Mike, so glad to hear Andrew is doing well. That is a dreaded disease that this family is all too familiar with over the years. Two of my Aunt's and my Grandmother had serious Brain Tumors. It claimed the life of my one Aunt when she was just 29; it bed ridden my Grandmother and took all her physical functions for 50 years! and thank god my other Aunt came through due to a Miracle Physician from California, Dr. Keith Black.

Andrew is a special young man and he is obviously loved by your Family. I hope he lives a long and happy life. We miss you folks...

Pete G.
Thanks for the reply Pete. It amazes me how many families are all too familiar with this dreaded disease. So sorry to hear about your history with this as well. It sure doesn't seem to spare anyone as we have talked to so many with the big "C" in their family.

I remember the call from my son when this whole ordeal unfolded and then when the doctor explained his limited chance of survival about 10 days later. I couldn't believe that this nightmare was happening to us.

When we were going through this so many folks reached out to us with their thoughts, prayers and encouragement, so many of them who we still don't know. A mere thank you certainly doesn't express our gratitude to each and everyone of them.

We sure do think that he is a special young man. He pretty much has the ole man hooked that's for sure. We sure do miss the Gulick family and hope all is well with you folks. Tell all we said hello.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

1 member likes this post: IndyBound
9/3/13, 4:55 PM   #15
Mud Packer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyBound View Post
Mike, I have been thinking alot about Andrew lately and his journey that has lead to our friendship. One of my friends in Floridas cousins little girl Chole was diagnosed with a brain tumor about a month ago. Little Chole started Chemo last week . I was thinking about Andrew starting 2nd grade when I first learned about Chole's condition and reminded of the journey I followed along on with you. I pray for Andrew and your family often, asking the Lord for positive reports for Andrew on his doctor visits. I guess thinking about Donovan going to kidergarten next week also had me thinking of Andrew and reflecting about how fast time seems to go by. Trevor announced to grandma recently "Grandma I am not a baby any more, I am a toddler", where has that three years gone? How is that plan to be Andrew's crew chief coming along Grandpa? He should be ready to start racing any time now!

Keeping you all in my prayers,

Patti
So sorry to hear about Chole's condition. I still find it extremely difficult to understand why small children have to endure this. It will test your faith for sure.

We can all use the prayers no matter how old we get. Thanks for thinking of Andrew and joining in on his journey. I can't believe that Donovan is starting kindergarten and Trevor is three. They grow up in a hurry for sure.

We will see what the future holds for him and racing. As I mentioned in an early post, his twin brothers are keeping them very busy and the time committment right now focused on other things......like daily life. Safe travels back home.

1 member likes this post: IndyBound
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lost in thought!