IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > MMSA Mini Sprint Feature from Brownstown 8-17
8/20/13, 6:12 PM   #1
MMSA Mini Sprint Feature from Brownstown 8-17
InTheFastLanePR

Click the link below to watch this exciting feature won by Beau Binder. Great racing!!

8/20/13, 9:25 PM   #2
Re: MMSA Mini Sprint Feature from Brownstown 8-17
lucky 4

Rob if you start paying the purse i bet bill would let you run your big
motor like Beau has in his car

8/20/13, 9:52 PM   #3
Jim Gardner

I believe that that engine has been teched more than once this season. Have you raced against them this year?

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: Bradleyracing86
8/20/13, 10:02 PM   #4
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky 4 View Post
????????????????? BET

People really get hung up on motor size don't they.

One thing I can say for sure the scales sure took the weight deal out of the conversation.

What I think is If Beau is too fast strap 25 pounds on him to slow him down, If that doesn't do it put another 25 pounds on him and let the racers inspect it at the scales. At some point it will break even, but I got news for you guys, until you can carry that much speed in the turns you ain't going to out run him.

I remember way back in the QM days. Box Stock was as far down as you could get. A little girl by the name of Sharon Keller raced Sr. stock. She won everything out there in the stock class . That was in the time of inverted starts for the feature with the fastest qualifier having to start on the tail. Her first laps were real slow but each lap she would pick up a tenth or two on her lap time never bobbling or breaking. At the end of the main she would be turning times close to the B mod times and pulling away from the field.

You win races by handling and not making mistakes. Mini sprints like the box stock conny class have to build on their speed. When you crimp one down ain't no amount of motor going to get you back up to speed in time.

Seat time seat time =======set up set up, that is the big motor secret PEOPLE. Ask the guy that beats you.

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 8/20/13 at 10:35 PM.

2 members like this post: alex11, Lillyweld
8/20/13, 10:42 PM   #5
cmiracingvids

I've talked to Beau personally this year. Been to his house even. Nice guy btw. And he says that motor is stock. And has offered to have it fully teched earlier in the year. I take him at his word, but I don't know for sure if it has been or not. What he also told me is that he LOVES his new Henchcraft chassis. Says he can be way off on setup and still be super fast.
Colin Miller
2m

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: buckshot3448
8/20/13, 10:43 PM   #6
Bill May

Hey Dad, Have you heard about the aromatic manure spreader salesman? stands behind everything he sells, just sayin

Bill May

8/20/13, 11:08 PM   #7
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill May View Post
Hey Dad, Have you heard about the aromatic manure spreader salesman? stands behind everything he sells, just sayin

Bill May
Like the old country preacher says.....Do as I say, Not as I do.

We can carry 100 pounds extra weight and still do pretty good, and it sure is not motor mods.

It just really p's me off when everybody thinks MOTOR MOTOR MOTOR>

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 8/20/13 at 11:09 PM.

8/20/13, 11:10 PM   #8
SPIKER RACING PRODUCTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky 4 View Post
I dont have an engine that big to race against that 71 even Farney couldnt catch him.

8/20/13, 11:28 PM   #9
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKER RACING PRODUCTS View Post
I dont have an engine that big to race against that 71 even Farney couldnt catch him.

Is not that the reason you bought a Dicely Spl.

The video is in front of you get a stop watch and time only Beau's turn time from entry to exit and then time somebody else, like the little boy told the little girl "THERE IS A DIFFERENCE"!!

We have never worried too much about big motors That is why we race an "FSC" chassis.

Granted there are tracks like Lawrenceburg that a big motor can overpower a stock motor but Brownstown is not that kind of track. If the Promoter chooses his tracks wisely and Bill does he can pretty well make big motors a non issue.

Now for that handling and driving I'm all for a petition to ban certain racers from racing in the good old MMSA.

Honest Dad himself

8/21/13, 12:40 AM   #10
slide22

I can guarantee that engine was stock at the time we sold the car in 2011. Just a badass car, has probably won 50% of the races it has been in since we had it in 2011. I don't remember anyone running there mouth about it back then.Hell I believe they made the car slower getting rid of the Guhl injection

Posted via Mobile Device

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > MMSA Mini Sprint Feature from Brownstown 8-17