IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > O.T. Cummings diesels
2/22/13, 12:55 PM   #11
scott bradley1x

Yes ,yes I have fixed the "killer Dow pin" if it's around 180,000 to 200,000 better get it done . Call mark at TST diesel in columbus indiana he worked for cummins as a designer retired and started a diesel shop.

Posted via Mobile Device

2/22/13, 1:33 PM   #12
Re: O.T. Cummings diesels
team3521

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc96 View Post
Boy did you ever down grade

Posted via Mobile Device
Boy, I sure don't feel that way. My Duramax stock is every bit as powerful as that Cummins was (with thousands of dollars of power adders) and the Allison trans makes the truck as far as I'm concerned. My Duramax is a Cadillac of trucks in my opinion and I've been in them all. I'll never go back to another diesel truck without an Allison transmission in it. EVER!

1 member likes this post: DunaganRacing
2/22/13, 2:22 PM   #13
sc96

Quote:
Originally Posted by team3521 View Post
Boy, I sure don't feel that way. My Duramax stock is every bit as powerful as that Cummins was (with thousands of dollars of power adders) and the Allison trans makes the truck as far as I'm concerned. My Duramax is a Cadillac of trucks in my opinion and I've been in them all. I'll never go back to another diesel truck without an Allison transmission in it. EVER!
I know everyone has there favorite!!! They are all pretty good trucks but we have a saying around our place if you want a good hard pulling truck that gets great fuel mileage (28 mpg running down the hwy) for a reasonable price buy a dodge if you want a few more frills and a little better ride and have a little bigger check book buy a ford if you own a bank and want a cool ass grocery getter buy a duramax

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: TQ29m
2/22/13, 7:01 PM   #14
team3521

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc96 View Post
I know everyone has there favorite!!! They are all pretty good trucks but we have a saying around our place if you want a good hard pulling truck that gets great fuel mileage (28 mpg running down the hwy) for a reasonable price buy a dodge if you want a few more frills and a little better ride and have a little bigger check book buy a ford if you own a bank and want a cool ass grocery getter buy a duramax

Posted via Mobile Device
Like I've said, had all three, there is no comparison.
BTW, 28 mpg is BS unless you're running down hill both ways with the clutch pushed in. Just sayin... The very best I ever got with my Cummins was 21 mpg not pulling anything running at 2k rpms. Anything over that, it would drink the fuel. My Duramax does 20-21 mpg completely stock and pulls my race trailer better than that Dodge did by all long, long ways! and I get a lot better milage pulling a trailer than I did with that Cummins. Yes, it was expensive, but it was worth every penny of the extra money and I can get that money back because of the resale value.
SO, again, IMO that Duramax aint no grocery getter. But that's cool. If we all pizzed in the same corner, we'd all drown. Good luck with that Drudge! I had one and I'm completely done with that!!

2/22/13, 9:36 PM   #15
backitin

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott bradley1x View Post
Yes ,yes I have fixed the "killer Dow pin" if it's around 180,000 to 200,000 better get it done . Call mark at TST diesel in columbus indiana he worked for cummins as a designer retired and started a diesel shop.

Posted via Mobile Device
The killer dowl pin. I've heard of it and saw a quick clip of a fix. I'm not a gambling man but I play the odds all the time. I wonder what percentage of engines develop the problem and if I 100% have to worry about it, one more thing to keep me up at night.
Everyone likes what they like when it comes to pickups, I've had more than one of all the big three. All the trucks I ended up loving were dodges, maybe none more than the one I got now

2/23/13, 5:24 AM   #16
lovindirt

Van Haisley Machine shop Fairmount Indiana, builds some of the best. Just check around. 765-948-3164 Big in pulling trucks.
Last edited by lovindirt; 2/23/13 at 5:25 AM.

2/25/13, 11:24 AM   #17
team3521

Get the KDP fix done! No ifs, ands or buts about it! Or you could end up with a junk engine and then what will you do? For the cost of having it done, it's worth it. I did mine myself, but borrowed a jig to do it and it was simple. If you wrench on your own race cars, you can do this! Find a jig, borrow it and get her done!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > O.T. Cummings diesels