IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

View Poll Results: Which payout would you want?
A 17 39.53%
B 26 60.47%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Mini Sprint Payout POLL
2/17/13, 12:13 AM   #51
Re: Mini Sprint Payout POLL
buckshot3448

id have to agree id still run my hench with alcohol no matter the paypout. i run for the love of it and to race agaist someone. Its the same thing like ford vs chevy people have there preference on what they want. evrey one is going in the right direction of stock motors and allowing alocohol. I say let the 1200's run though ive never seen a big advantage to them yet. And like said before if you want to come close to breaking even get out of racing its a money pit

1 member likes this post: Wayne Davis
2/17/13, 9:53 PM   #52
97juicedgmc

sounds like dads got it all figured out dad must be a promoter .... first of all i own a successful auto body shop so dont talk to me about business and i have no problem hiring the best of the best workers and i compensate them for it, maybe quit being so cheap and check your attitude, pay people what there worth you may find some help, if people make more unemployed then look no further then the source(yourself), second my job as a racer is not to promote a race track , thats the PROMOTERS job, my job is to put on a good show and be out on the race track, promoters have all kinds of valuable tools to promote their track via websites and radio/tv commercials half the tracks websites are piss poor ,un-updated and put little to no money back into the track, and 9 out 10 are pretty well off just cry broke because there tighter then a frogs ass ..... i guess i didnt make it very clear since 3 people misinterpreted what i said .... i raced motocross for zero $ and was fine with that.... but it didnt cost me $35 a person to get in, $250 for a license, and a chump change payout, flat right rear tire and a bent rim cost me $650 and track promoter hands you $40 and says thanks.... id rather have nothing.... make spectator admission $5 , $20 racer entry and lets race for free then ????

cad pro 18 if you can find me a new car or even some race ready cars for $4500-5000 ill buy as many as you can find ... ill rent them out everyweek or something ... i can barely find one with wheels on it for under 5 grand

1 member likes this post: DAD
2/18/13, 12:39 PM   #53
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97juicedgmc View Post
sounds like dads got it all figured out dad must be a promoter .... first of all i own a successful auto body shop so dont talk to me about business and i have no problem hiring the best of the best workers and i compensate them for it, maybe quit being so cheap and check your attitude, pay people what there worth you may find some help, if people make more unemployed then look no further then the source(yourself), second my job as a racer is not to promote a race track , thats the PROMOTERS job, my job is to put on a good show and be out on the race track, promoters have all kinds of valuable tools to promote their track via websites and radio/tv commercials half the tracks websites are piss poor ,un-updated and put little to no money back into the track, and 9 out 10 are pretty well off just cry broke because there tighter then a frogs ass ..... i guess i didnt make it very clear since 3 people misinterpreted what i said .... i raced motocross for zero $ and was fine with that.... but it didnt cost me $35 a person to get in, $250 for a license, and a chump change payout, flat right rear tire and a bent rim cost me $650 and track promoter hands you $40 and says thanks.... id rather have nothing.... make spectator admission $5 , $20 racer entry and lets race for free then ????

cad pro 18 if you can find me a new car or even some race ready cars for $4500-5000 ill buy as many as you can find ... ill rent them out everyweek or something ... i can barely find one with wheels on it for under 5 grand

Juce

I would like to apologize for "yanking your chain". What I think we have here is a failure to communicate with one another, and Reading more into one anothers posts than was actually there.

I am not a promoter of a race track, but I do promote Mini Sprints every time I get a chance. Track and series owners are like you and I "Small Business people". Running that track or that series is probably not their primary source of income, but one they chose to do to help the racing community out and to pay it back. They probably did not by that new convertible out of the race track proceeds.

Like it or not Racing is a CLASS SYSTEM and we ain't too high in that CLASS. I think we are poised to make that next step pretty soon. When the Outlaws come to a track, They have fee they charge the track to race there and in that fee they have allotted so much money for advertisement on Radio TV etc. I don't know if you have ever bought TV time but that stuff is very expensive. k Most tracks just can not afford it.

Now you stated you run a successful body shop. Why not Advertise a little. See if you can sponsor a special race for your series, I have done that on several occasions and it does work. The fans in the stands, the track and series owners and even the racers will thank you.

We need more small business people to step up to the plate and support our class. Many of us are after all small business people and advertising is a tax deductible business expense. Ask your accountant. If you have a very successful business sponsor a series!!

We have a good product We could move up a notch or two but we are not going to do it by blaming every body for our problems.

Right now the only people coming to the track to watch us race are all in the pits. If we work on it we might get some fans in the stands saying BOY those things are neat. We got to make the fans want us to be worth any more money.

Honest Dad himself

2/18/13, 1:11 PM   #54
Cadpro18

Quote:
Ok ????

2/18/13, 4:32 PM   #55
cmiracingvids

"If we work on it we might get some fans in the stands saying BOY those things are neat."

I was at the USAC show at Bloomington in May of last year. Two older guys in front of me were watching the mini sprint heats. They said to one another...ya know, they're pretty cool little race cars. Then when the feature came out, the track was dry and with wings they were FASTER than the sprints. And those same guys were smiling watching the feature cuz of how quick they were. And I heard one say...these cars are the real deal!

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: DAD
2/18/13, 4:47 PM   #56
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmiracingvids View Post
"If we work on it we might get some fans in the stands saying BOY those things are neat."

I was at the USAC show at Bloomington in May of last year. Two older guys in front of me were watching the mini sprint heats. They said to one another...ya know, they're pretty cool little race cars. Then when the feature came out, the track was dry and with wings they were FASTER than the sprints. And those same guys were smiling watching the feature cuz of how quick they were. And I heard one say...these cars are the real deal!

Posted via Mobile Device
AMEN!!!!!! All we need is good press and advertising. And a little front money.

Honest Dad himself

1 member likes this post: cmiracingvids
2/18/13, 5:02 PM   #57
97juicedgmc

i agree i try to promote it as much as possible as well... i think they are the best bang for the buck in racing we put down much faster lap times then big block modifieds at any track we go to for about 1/5 of the cost, about same lap times as a racesaver 305 sprint. we usually put on a great show also a great stepping stone class for 15-16 yr old kids coming out of karting not quite ready for a full size sprint or 800hp....i really try and push it to that age group the most

ive done billboards on back stretch of local tracks sponsored a night and when it comes down to it .... i dont like how it works goes right into promoters pocket, the billboard on the back stretch cost me $3,000 i got little to nothing in return, sponsored a night had a bbq joint come in with a big open pit and put extra money down towards mini sprint class which very little actually went to the drivers..... eh that was alright bc some of the money went to drivers but cost me about $5,000.....

so now i have my own drivers meeting at my trailer before warm ups and put about $800-1000 in to the purse on top of what the track does without the track involved, to help guys out especially towards rear of field.... we have had on avg about 6 more cars a night since i started doing that made the guys that are 2 plus hrs a way have a reason to come everyweek rather then everyother or once a month.... its cheaper for me and guys who are putting on the show and wearing out equipment are getting some money so they can come back next week

the guys love it, they say it makes a huge difference and to be honest with you i got more business painting bodies and chassis of guys in the club then i did with the billboard up, and the tracks getting more pit entries

2 members like this post: DAD, Mattvp52
2/18/13, 5:16 PM   #58
DAD

Quote:
i agree i try to promote it as much as possible as well... i think they are the best bang for the buck in racing we put down much faster lap times then big block modifieds at any track we go to for about 1/5 of the cost, about same lap times as a racesaver 305 sprint. we usually put on a great show also a great stepping stone class for 15-16 yr old kids coming out of karting not quite ready for a full size sprint or 800hp....i really try and push it to that age group the most

ive done billboards on back stretch of local tracks sponsored a night and when it comes down to it .... i dont like how it works goes right into promoters pocket, the billboard on the back stretch cost me $3,000 i got little to nothing in return, sponsored a night had a bbq joint come in with a big open pit and put extra money down towards mini sprint class which very little actually went to the drivers..... eh that was alright bc some of the money went to drivers but cost me about $5,000.....

so now i have my own drivers meeting at my trailer before warm ups and put about $800-1000 in to the purse on top of what the track does without the track involved, to help guys out especially towards rear of field.... we have had on avg about 6 more cars a night since i started doing that made the guys that are 2 plus hrs a way have a reason to come everyweek rather then everyother or once a month.... its cheaper for me and guys who are putting on the show and wearing out equipment are getting some money so they can come back next week

the guys love it, they say it makes a huge difference and to be honest with you i got more business painting bodies and chassis of guys in the club then i did with the billboard up, and the tracks getting more pit entries
We are on the same page, we have a good thing to develop we just need to work on it more. But we won't get anywhere unless we stick together, and yes we do need the promoter on our side. If it ain't a two way street we need to look other places to invest our money.

Honest Dad himself

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Mini Sprint Payout POLL