IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > meeting
2/14/13, 2:19 PM   #131
suzuki756

Phil lets just ban them all everyone bring a yard gocart to my house and 10.00 entry and a 12 pack we will race till out of gas or beer then take the entry fee and go to waffle house
And listen everyone here is the rules for yard carts. Brigs motor only. No ti parts. No cheaters.if you bring enough beer i the promoter can be bought.

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: pjohnson
2/14/13, 2:35 PM   #132
Phylo82

Sounds good....I'll bring a crave case from white castles.

Posted via Mobile Device
#13e Maxim Sprint
Owner, Crew Chief, Pit Crew, Hauler, Check Writer, Grunt

1 member likes this post: DAD
2/14/13, 3:13 PM   #133
Re: meeting
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phylo82 View Post
Sounds good....I'll bring a crave case from white castles.

Posted via Mobile Device
I can do more damage with 2 of those things now than I used to do with 12 in my younger days. Falls City beer would also be nice.

In racing there will always be those people that have the money and desire to over spend on a race car and there will always be those people willing to help them do it. If you sit around and worry about them you are wasting your time and energy.

With MMSA's rule sheet as I read it now, we have room for both pocket book racers and us poor folk. We poor folks will be doing it with that stuff that is real-real hard to buy, and having just as much fun.

For the right pocket book I am available and I will throw in the BS for free!!

I will be happy to show you how to make a "SMALL FORTUNE IN RACING" all you will need will be>>>> a Large Fortune to start with.

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 2/14/13 at 3:16 PM.

2/14/13, 3:14 PM   #134
Bradleyracing86

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjohnson View Post
Where did this stupid 25,000 dollar car crap come from. I dont even know anyone with a 25,000 dollar car. I have an old old car that i rebuilt for fun it has a 1998 engine that who knows when was rebuilt. Im 50 years old and only doing this for fun. High dollar team if we were i would take my son full size sprint racing. Im not going out and buying a newer engine until this thing blows up because that is money i dont have. Im sick of this lets all go buy stock engines to replace old yesterday stuff that is not nearly as fast as this new stuff. The few cars that have this old stuff are mostly newer guys that dont have alot of money and bought what we could afford and two of us are twice most of you guys age. come on get real here. The expensive cars i see are newer stock 1000 cars you see them on here everyday. Its so stupied to hear lets cut the cost of racing by buying stock engines. If you want to cut the cost of minisprint racing here should be the rules. No new frames all frames must be older than 2000. Engines must be from the 70's 80's and 90's and run carbs. Most would not even know how to work on those. This would only lower the cost of racing for a couple weeks because demand would make these cars unaffordable. Your newer cars with your newer stock engines and half our age drivers should beat us old guys with our old cars. I think its funny that people go out and spend the money to buy a new roller (expensive) and go buy a stock engine out of the newest bike they can then try to ban the old stuff that is still affordable. How silly. i think its time to just sell out the minisprint and move to another class that hopefully does not act this way (something i dont want to have to doi). Anyone interested in three ready to race 25,000 want to be race cars. You will never ever cut the cost of racing. I have been going to the races since i was 12 years old racing has always cost money so does everything thats fun to do. I used to fish team tournaments with my son. Well everyone had to have the fastest boat best fishing equipment and on and on. Entry fees were 200 dollars and then people would complain how expensive the sport was. Well its human nature to try to be the best and fastest thats just how we are wired and that makes things cost more. I know that almost all the cars at a MMSA or AMSA race cost twice what i have in mine. Am i going to complain or try to get them banned NO but i will try to beat them with my old cars (and all of our cars are old) by setup and driving. Just like a guy in a 10 foot wooden jonboat can outfish and beat a guy in a 50,000 dollar ranger
Have you raced in the AMSA or MMSA, atleast 3-4 cars that most likely exceed 20k.
And I really don't care if they spend 20-30-k on a car as long as they follow the rules..
Posted via Mobile Device
Last edited by Bradleyracing86; 2/14/13 at 3:18 PM.

2/14/13, 3:21 PM   #135
cwhipple
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjohnson View Post
Where did this stupid 25,000 dollar car crap come from. I dont even know anyone with a 25,000 dollar car. I have an old old car that i rebuilt for fun it has a 1998 engine that who knows when was rebuilt. Im 50 years old and only doing this for fun. High dollar team if we were i would take my son full size sprint racing. Im not going out and buying a newer engine until this thing blows up because that is money i dont have. Im sick of this lets all go buy stock engines to replace old yesterday stuff that is not nearly as fast as this new stuff. The few cars that have this old stuff are mostly newer guys that dont have alot of money and bought what we could afford and two of us are twice most of you guys age. come on get real here. The expensive cars i see are newer stock 1000 cars you see them on here everyday. Its so stupied to hear lets cut the cost of racing by buying stock engines. If you want to cut the cost of minisprint racing here should be the rules. No new frames all frames must be older than 2000. Engines must be from the 70's 80's and 90's and run carbs. Most would not even know how to work on those. This would only lower the cost of racing for a couple weeks because demand would make these cars unaffordable. Your newer cars with your newer stock engines and half our age drivers should beat us old guys with our old cars. I think its funny that people go out and spend the money to buy a new roller (expensive) and go buy a stock engine out of the newest bike they can then try to ban the old stuff that is still affordable. How silly. i think its time to just sell out the minisprint and move to another class that hopefully does not act this way (something i dont want to have to doi). Anyone interested in three ready to race 25,000 want to be race cars. You will never ever cut the cost of racing. I have been going to the races since i was 12 years old racing has always cost money so does everything thats fun to do. I used to fish team tournaments with my son. Well everyone had to have the fastest boat best fishing equipment and on and on. Entry fees were 200 dollars and then people would complain how expensive the sport was. Well its human nature to try to be the best and fastest thats just how we are wired and that makes things cost more. I know that almost all the cars at a MMSA or AMSA race cost twice what i have in mine. Am i going to complain or try to get them banned NO but i will try to beat them with my old cars (and all of our cars are old) by setup and driving. Just like a guy in a 10 foot wooden jonboat can outfish and beat a guy in a 50,000 dollar ranger
2013 Hench - $25,000

https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=66341

2/14/13, 3:37 PM   #136
pjohnson

From what im being told Through pm's AMSA's website will be updated to the new waynesfield rules. and will be enforced at his other races in which it appears he has 4 of those. What Waynesfield does is of no concern to me. We thought about going there a couple of times but its a long haul for us. We plan to stay in Indiana but they are making that hard as well. Unless we go out and buy another engine (again expensive) Grandfather them in for a year or so when mine goes i will get a 1000. But I dont have any money trees in my yard and im sure the other guys this is hurting dont either. If i cant race this engine then mine will stay parked i have no other choice. to just up and throw a rule out like this is just plain silly. some people think we are complaining well thats not true this was thrown at us at the last minute. No one wants to just blow money. Again the newer 1000's are not at a disadvantage. But it seems like we are beating a dead horse its a shame. We should of be givin some time to work this rule in with Amsa. We had planned to run some with them here in Indiana. As far as the Mechanical injection rule I agree with the Bradleys. Im sure we will race at a couple places this year that will be happy to take all our pit pass money. I have no hard feelings about it and will not lose sleep its just silly. Like i said i have met alot of good people in this kind of racing and hope to meet more. Its fun and something my family loves to do. I brought my kids up in racing and plan to help with the grandkids of which i have five. I just love racing period. By the way if you spend 25,000 on one of these car i think its time to move up or you have to much money lol

2/14/13, 3:53 PM   #137
Bradleyracing86

Since everyone is in a deep discussion about rules, I've got one for everyone to discuss... Centerline rules... Most are measured from absolute center of engine, and from what I read in most rules the centerline of the frame ... I believe most allow 6" of offset... Now when they enforce or check these rules most measure the firewall.. However that is not the center of the frame. Center of frame should be from the widest point most likely the torsion tubes or on coil cars the outer most shock mounts. Discuss... Cars get wider and longer every year. Takes more car for more motor .

If rules were enforced there wouldn't be a need for 25k dollar cars.

Posted via Mobile Device

2/14/13, 4:07 PM   #138
pjohnson

You can take that new 25,000 dollar henchcraft and run Waynesfield, AMSA or MMSA. Where is the lower cost of minisprint racing? To lower the cost you would have to address the chassis cost as well as engine. Banning the old engines and mechanical injection did not do anything to lower the cost. My car i reworked myself and i have about 5,000 total in it. O and thats with a trailer i bought.

2/14/13, 4:19 PM   #139
pjohnson

I agree people who are going to spend lots of money there is nothing we can do about that. Im not complaining about what people spend nor do i care. "its thier money do what they want with it" I just ment i have never met anyone with one but we are new. Its that way in other racing that we have done and it will always be that way. How do you change that with just the engine rule? Now you made me think im going out a measuring my offset.

2/14/13, 4:25 PM   #140
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradleyracing86 View Post
Since everyone is in a deep discussion about rules, I've got one for everyone to discuss... Centerline rules... Most are measured from absolute center of engine, and from what I read in most rules the centerline of the frame ... I believe most allow 6" of offset... Now when they enforce or check these rules most measure the firewall.. However that is not the center of the frame. Center of frame should be from the widest point most likely the torsion tubes or on coil cars the outer most shock mounts. Discuss... Cars get wider and longer every year. Takes more car for more motor .

If rules were enforced there wouldn't be a need for 25k dollar cars.

Posted via Mobile Device
We got more left weight than we can use right now, we are working on a deal where the sprocket is located outside the left tire but that may mess us up on the nerf bar deal.

Didn't Allen's cars have a kick in the left rail to move motor out? that would be widest part of frame as a welded unit I would think. Bring a lawyer with you on your crew. That would depend on your definition of frame.

Honest Dad himself

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > meeting