IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > meeting
2/13/13, 9:25 PM   #121
suzuki756

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Outlaw View Post
Not to throw a sour grape but a mini sprint/lightning sprint/midget sprint fellow racers lost EVERYTHING in a shop fire yesterday..Kevin Roberts and Kevin Roberts Jr. both had plans to come to Florida....go to Kevins FB page for the full story
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001452586663
That sucks hate see that

Posted via Mobile Device

2/13/13, 9:28 PM   #122
PatrickMead#13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Outlaw View Post
Not to throw a sour grape but a mini sprint/lightning sprint/midget sprint fellow racers lost EVERYTHING in a shop fire yesterday..Kevin Roberts and Kevin Roberts Jr. both had plans to come to Florida....go to Kevins FB page for the full story
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001452586663
That's horrible news and sorry to hear of this. Both of them were very helpful in my first year racing. If either one of them need help, let me know because I live up the road on Yankeetown Chenoweth in their back yard. I wish the best for them at this time of loss.

Posted via Mobile Device

2/13/13, 9:33 PM   #123
Re: meeting
RickyBobby

Wow, that is horrible. I can't even imagine what that would be like. At least everyone is ok

2/13/13, 9:37 PM   #124
Jrp4554

what happened? I don't have face book

Posted via Mobile Device

2/13/13, 10:11 PM   #125
lucky 4

the barn that housed all of our racing stuff burnt
were are all ok but this will be a major set back
nothing related to racing was coverd by our insur ance
every boby needs to check your ins policiy and keep it
up to date every year do inventory on your shop and
take pictures regulary from what im told no homeowners
policys cover race cars in any state complete or in pieces
dont wait to find out the hard way we were led to belive
that untill they were complete they just personale property
kevin js 360 and nick,s 360 and my mini sprint were all
burnt in this fire we hope to replace the 2 360 cars this year

2/13/13, 10:26 PM   #126
little Spike

Sorry to hear about your lost. If need anything give us a call. Sure glad all of you guys are O.K. Everyone check your Ins. to see what is covered and not covered.
Last edited by little Spike; 2/13/13 at 10:30 PM.

2/14/13, 10:43 AM   #127
wilkey118

I have a simple idea...

We all want to race we all want to have fun..

Lets all agree to stock motors.

Lets all agree to a certain weight for the different cars and all that fun stuff.

That way no matter where you go or what type car you have you are welcome to race there.

Screw spending $25,000 on a car..

We did it when I was racing these cars and we got beat but low budget teams A LOT!

simply put lets just make this more about that driver and about family fun and racing not who is able to spend the most money..

Easier said than done I know.

2/14/13, 12:05 PM   #128
pjohnson

Where did this stupid 25,000 dollar car crap come from. I dont even know anyone with a 25,000 dollar car. I have an old old car that i rebuilt for fun it has a 1998 engine that who knows when was rebuilt. Im 50 years old and only doing this for fun. High dollar team if we were i would take my son full size sprint racing. Im not going out and buying a newer engine until this thing blows up because that is money i dont have. Im sick of this lets all go buy stock engines to replace old yesterday stuff that is not nearly as fast as this new stuff. The few cars that have this old stuff are mostly newer guys that dont have alot of money and bought what we could afford and two of us are twice most of you guys age. come on get real here. The expensive cars i see are newer stock 1000 cars you see them on here everyday. Its so stupied to hear lets cut the cost of racing by buying stock engines. If you want to cut the cost of minisprint racing here should be the rules. No new frames all frames must be older than 2000. Engines must be from the 70's 80's and 90's and run carbs. Most would not even know how to work on those. This would only lower the cost of racing for a couple weeks because demand would make these cars unaffordable. Your newer cars with your newer stock engines and half our age drivers should beat us old guys with our old cars. I think its funny that people go out and spend the money to buy a new roller (expensive) and go buy a stock engine out of the newest bike they can then try to ban the old stuff that is still affordable. How silly. i think its time to just sell out the minisprint and move to another class that hopefully does not act this way (something i dont want to have to doi). Anyone interested in three ready to race 25,000 want to be race cars. You will never ever cut the cost of racing. I have been going to the races since i was 12 years old racing has always cost money so does everything thats fun to do. I used to fish team tournaments with my son. Well everyone had to have the fastest boat best fishing equipment and on and on. Entry fees were 200 dollars and then people would complain how expensive the sport was. Well its human nature to try to be the best and fastest thats just how we are wired and that makes things cost more. I know that almost all the cars at a MMSA or AMSA race cost twice what i have in mine. Am i going to complain or try to get them banned NO but i will try to beat them with my old cars (and all of our cars are old) by setup and driving. Just like a guy in a 10 foot wooden jonboat can outfish and beat a guy in a 50,000 dollar ranger

2 members like this post: DAD, jjones752
2/14/13, 12:26 PM   #129
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjohnson View Post
Where did this stupid 25,000 dollar car crap come from. I dont even know anyone with a 25,000 dollar car. I have an old old car that i rebuilt for fun it has a 1998 engine that who knows when was rebuilt. Im 50 years old and only doing this for fun. High dollar team if we were i would take my son full size sprint racing. Im not going out and buying a newer engine until this thing blows up because that is money i dont have. Im sick of this lets all go buy stock engines to replace old yesterday stuff that is not nearly as fast as this new stuff. The few cars that have this old stuff are mostly newer guys that dont have alot of money and bought what we could afford and two of us are twice most of you guys age. come on get real here. The expensive cars i see are newer stock 1000 cars you see them on here everyday. Its so stupied to hear lets cut the cost of racing by buying stock engines. If you want to cut the cost of minisprint racing here should be the rules. No new frames all frames must be older than 2000. Engines must be from the 70's 80's and 90's and run carbs. Most would not even know how to work on those. This would only lower the cost of racing for a couple weeks because demand would make these cars unaffordable. Your newer cars with your newer stock engines and half our age drivers should beat us old guys with our old cars. I think its funny that people go out and spend the money to buy a new roller (expensive) and go buy a stock engine out of the newest bike they can then try to ban the old stuff that is still affordable. How silly. i think its time to just sell out the minisprint and move to another class that hopefully does not act this way (something i dont want to have to doi). Anyone interested in three ready to race 25,000 want to be race cars. You will never ever cut the cost of racing. I have been going to the races since i was 12 years old racing has always cost money so does everything thats fun to do. I used to fish team tournaments with my son. Well everyone had to have the fastest boat best fishing equipment and on and on. Entry fees were 200 dollars and then people would complain how expensive the sport was. Well its human nature to try to be the best and fastest thats just how we are wired and that makes things cost more. I know that almost all the cars at a MMSA or AMSA race cost twice what i have in mine. Am i going to complain or try to get them banned NO but i will try to beat them with my old cars (and all of our cars are old) by setup and driving. Just like a guy in a 10 foot wooden jonboat can outfish and beat a guy in a 50,000 dollar ranger

One thing I have noticed, the older I get the thinner my skin gets, both physically and emotionally.

Honest Dad himself

1 member likes this post: pjohnson
2/14/13, 1:26 PM   #130
Phylo82

I haven't read one post where any of us asked to ban 'the old stuff'. Take that up with the AMSA. And I agree with you, if Jerry was going to do this he should have let everyone know sooner so they didn't spend money on motors that are now illegal where he is running 99% of his races.

As for me I'd just like to see this stay as inexpensive as possible. And yes, there are car/motor combinations out there that are in the $25K range. I've seen a couple of them for sale.

Posted via Mobile Device
#13e Maxim Sprint
Owner, Crew Chief, Pit Crew, Hauler, Check Writer, Grunt

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > meeting