IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

View Poll Results: Which payout would you want?
A 17 39.53%
B 26 60.47%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Mini Sprint Payout POLL
2/13/13, 7:29 PM   #21
Re: Mini Sprint Payout POLL
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmiracingvids View Post
I did the math yesterday and I just want to test the waters and see what everyone thinks. Payout "A" is the current posted MMSA payout per their website. Payout "B" is another option that seems to offer incentive for each spot as well as creates a larger payout from 4th place on. (excludes 20th position) I realize that people want to race for a large 1st place prize, but perhaps racing for less to win and receiving a higher payout for every position after 3rd place will help keep costs down. It may also help keep cars coming to the track, and not sitting in their garages. Only 1 car can win on any night.

Which one do YOU prefer?

MMSA Posted Payout "A"
1. $500
2. 250
3. 175
4. 125
5. 100
6. 90
7. 80
8. 70
9. 65
10. 60
11. 50
12. 50
13. 50
14. 50
15. 50
16. 50
17. 50
18. 50
19. 50
20. 50

Total Purse: $2,015

Payout "B"
1. $300
2. 150
3. 140
4. 130 (compare this to "A" which is $125)
5. 125
6. 120
7. 115
8. 110
9. 105
10. 100 (same amount as 5th place above)
11. 95
12. 90
13. 85
14. 80
15. 75
16. 70
17. 65
18. 60
19. 55
20. 50

Total Purse: $2,120 ($105 more than payout "A")
I will probably loose this post but what I see by the poll numbers is 24Liberals and 14 conservatives.

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 2/14/13 at 9:47 AM.

2/13/13, 11:48 PM   #22
sprint28

I understand that everyone goes with intentions on winning and it's great to race for a good winning purse... But I can tell you as many already know some of the toughest nights of racing happen in the middle of the pack and I just don't see how you can say that 10th place should be the same as some one that ran 19th. I am certainly not racing to make money (as we all know is not possible:-) ) but when you race week to week $50 bucks just might make the difference. And yes you are correct Bloomington pays the same from 10th on back as well as Putnamville and I think that is a slap in the face.

Posted via Mobile Device

2/14/13, 8:47 AM   #23
backitin

I'd go with A. Personally I'd take 25 bucks off of the backmarkers and give that to the winner also. I figure minisprints are pretty much a hobby for most guys anyhow, hobbys cost money and dont pay back very often.

1 member likes this post: DAD
2/14/13, 9:43 AM   #24
Cadpro18

Quote:
Everyone is certainly entitled to their opinion. Not sure of the payout throughout the field, but the Wisconsin Illinois Mini Sprint series says they pay 150-250 to win and 50 to start. And they seem to get 20-25 cars per event. Does anyone know the full rundown of Waynesfields payout?

Posted via Mobile Device
The WIMS # are off... probably from past years when car counts were lower. With better car counts I believe it was $350 win/$70 start in '12, up from 300/70 in '11. Total purse is based on # of cars.
Last edited by Cadpro18; 2/14/13 at 10:41 AM.

1 member likes this post: cmiracingvids
2/14/13, 10:28 AM   #25
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by backitin View Post
I'd go with A. Personally I'd take 25 bucks off of the backmarkers and give that to the winner also. I figure minisprints are pretty much a hobby for most guys anyhow, hobbys cost money and dont pay back very often.
"From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs". A very famous quote!

People racing are very lucky people. For every guy with a race car their are hundreds out there that wish they could race also.

Winning is a very special feeling, I don't need it every week anymore, and I know for other people it is a special feeling also. It is a feeling of profound accomplishment that is hard to duplicate. To the winner goes the spoils. Second place is "The first Looser", I don't mind being a looser as long as I think there is always the hope of winning.

Recently We have been taught by teachers, coaches and others all with good intentions that winning isn't everything and we should enjoy the sport. Kids play ball games and don't keep score. Go kart tracks give participation trophies to all the kids just for getting in the go kart.

Life is about "winning" and "loosing" and not about felling good about one's self. If I loose I'm going to look things over and change my game plan and try harder next time. We are breeding complacency in our kids and our selves and that is not a good thing.

I'm sorry, If I am a place marker I expect to be payed as a place marker, and some of our best races have been for tenth place, but the winner deserves the Lion's share of the purse. They had better watch out for us next race day, because we are coming back to win. If I raced for a living I would get better or get out, since I race as a hobby I'll just try to get better and get out when it ain't fun anymore or I can't afford it, and $20.00 more for eleventh place won't make up my mind.

It's a sad sign of the times when 60% of us are racing for tenth spot or "tenth looser" and not to "WIN"!!! >>>>> I have no idea where that race car came from but that was my number back in my quarter midget days so I'll just let it stay.

Still looking for that hot air balloon!

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 2/14/13 at 12:12 PM.

2/14/13, 1:46 PM   #26
cmiracingvids

The masses have spoken. Thanks for the votes.

43 total votes. 17 for A and 26 for B.

Posted via Mobile Device

2/14/13, 3:29 PM   #27
DAD

Quote:
The masses have spoken. Thanks for the votes.

43 total votes. 17 for A and 26 for B.

Posted via Mobile Device

What you would be saying is>>> the votes have ended so shut up. Would that be right? I think somebody is moving on to yard karts and beer somewhere on the board I'm sure competition will be a lot better there for a lot of you guys, and we won't have to worry about "Filthy Lucre".

We will still run where #1 pay is the best,and Without that 60% it should be some real good racing.

Honest Dad himself

2/14/13, 3:37 PM   #28
cmiracingvids

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAD View Post
What you would be saying is>>> the votes have ended so shut up. Would that be right? I think somebody is moving on to yard karts and beer somewhere on the board I'm sure competition will be a lot better there for a lot of you guys, and we won't have to worry about "Filthy Lucre".

We will still run where #1 pay is the best,and Without that 60% it should be some real good racing.

Honest Dad himself
Absolutely not saying that at all! It was a good debate and a good poll. And I'll still be racing with the MMSA this year regardless. It was simply a small test. A probe, if you will, to see how others felt. Thanks for all the discussion!

And yard karts and beer sounds like a terrific time!! When and where?? I'll bring the Pabst! Lol

Posted via Mobile Device

2/14/13, 3:55 PM   #29
DAD

Quote:
Absolutely not saying that at all! It was a good debate and a good poll. And I'll still be racing with the MMSA this year regardless. I was simply a small test. A probe, if you will, to see how others felt. Thanks for all the discussion!

And yard karts and beer sounds like a terrific time!! When and where?? I'll bring the Pabst! Lol

Posted via Mobile Device
Warning!!!! Watch out for Old Farts with "THIN SKIN"

Young flolk's don't even notice the perilousl path they are on right now, It mostly all started back when I was in College in the 60's . I didn't learn much in college BUT!

I learned several things in Jr. and Sr. high school that I have kept with me for more than 50 years now.

7th grade History class>> "Your first amendment rights stop two inches short of the other guys fist"

7th grade History class>> " In the United States of America everyone has the right to starve to death if they want to."

9th grade Biology class>> "Good-Better-Best-never let it rest, until your good is better and your better is best."

9th grade Biology class>> "A thorn of experience is worth a wilderness of warning"

The mind is a strange thing.

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 2/14/13 at 3:58 PM.

2/14/13, 4:53 PM   #30
openwheel44

When we did our purse structure for the MALS that was mentioned earlier.....we considered the fact that there will always be a certain percentage of non-finishers. Attrition will kill off a certain percent of the starters unfortunately. Of 20 starters, you will probably be lucking to get 13-14 finishers. Our payout schedule reflects that. My opinion, you need to finish the race to make much more than "starter money." You are not doing yourself any good plus you are not helping the class sell itself. Life's a ***** and then you die.

Posted via Mobile Device

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Mini Sprint Payout POLL