IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Stupid is as Stupid Does
9/14/12, 3:25 PM   #11
Re: Stupid is as Stupid Does
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by 767 View Post
Happens to us all. I was in the same shoes last fall. I preach and preach at every single show for drivers to be save with cutting tools (i.e. creating fires). Using a torch to cut a mangeled front fender off a buddies race car. The car is parked in a gravel driveway covered in dead leaves. It all made since when I felt something hot. Leaves caught fire, then the end of my fraied blue jeans were next. So now I have a pair of yard pants that have 1 leg 2 inches shorter than the other. Sad thing is we rolled the car outside to keep sparks off the wood walls.
That is just what Bro. Dave said. You thought it out "almost".

So today I had to to go on line and order a 4 album set of Dave's best performances. Kinda of brings back my wasted youthful days.

" Them's that are for it are against it, and them's that are against it are for it" Brother Dave himself. Go figure

Honest Dad himself

9/14/12, 5:45 PM   #12
c47

i had just finished drilling out what i thought was an aluminum midget motor plate.
put the plate aside, picked up the welder and started the next project, on the same workbench.
well ya'll.....little did i know it was actually a mag plate and there were mag slivers on the bench which proceeded to light up from the welder sparks.
i had my welding helmet on and was watching what i was welding and caught a flash out of the corner of my eye......flipped the helmet up and ba-da-bing....a whole buttload of little mag fires going on.....although it looked pretty, i decided the best thing would to get the extinguisher and put it out......

9/14/12, 9:52 PM   #13
DunaganRacing

I'll admit a stupid move for myself: was at LPS one night, my brother had his bomber there, he said "I can't draw because I'm wanted and the police here know me" (my bro and I are way different) anyway I said I will drive it. He then says "I don't have a fire suit" which I shoulda guessed! Here is the dumb move on my part, I said "never seen a bomber catch fire" and I jumped in it with my Snap-On jacket. Needless to say that car engulfed in flames that night. I luckily got out b4 any injury but learned my lesson! What a guy will do to race!!! Lol

Posted via Mobile Device

9/15/12, 11:02 PM   #14
Bad Dad 54

Nice to hear I'm not the only one who does things wrong, thanks IOW family. To Racegal I tell my students I work w/ ignorance means you didn't know, Stupid means you knew but did it anyways. I'm get'n some boots

1 member likes this post: racegal
9/15/12, 11:08 PM   #15
racegal

Race Count This Year: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Dad 54 View Post
Nice to hear I'm not the only one who does things wrong, thanks IOW family. To Racegal I tell my students I work w/ ignorance means you didn't know, Stupid means you knew but did it anyways. I'm get'n some boots
Good idea!! And sooo true!!!!

9/16/12, 7:44 PM   #16
Gee2

Sounds like you all are good candidates for AFLAC... I would be glad to hook you up....

9/17/12, 6:36 PM   #17
Bad Dad 54

Thanks Gee but I'm good as far as insurance goes, AFLAC would probably take a look at me & run

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Stupid is as Stupid Does