IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Stupid is as Stupid Does
9/13/12, 4:38 PM   #1
Stupid is as Stupid Does
Bad Dad 54

Well I talk about safety to you people then I go ahead do something totally stupid. I was using a hand held cut off wheel on my 4.5 grinder & I lost my grip. It landed between my big toe & my 2nd toe opening a blood gushing wound. I was wearing sandals - yeah what an idiot I was I can hear it now. It was only a small piece to cut no big deal, It'll be fine. WRONG so don't go thinkin you'll be fine w/ you're safety equipment. Sheesh my friend Dudley was just talkin about me on Hoseheads too. I'm ok now but the ordeal to get patched up, but did meet some nice people

1 member likes this post: luckybuc97
9/13/12, 4:49 PM   #2
Re: Stupid is as Stupid Does
Seadog

You are not alone. When I was a sheet metal worker way back in the day, I was able to hurt myself in every way imaginable. Burns, broken bones, cuts, bruises, you name it.

9/13/12, 4:55 PM   #3
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Dad 54 View Post
Well I talk about safety to you people then I go ahead do something totally stupid. I was using a hand held cut off wheel on my 4.5 grinder & I lost my grip. It landed between my big toe & my 2nd toe opening a blood gushing wound. I was wearing sandals - yeah what an idiot I was I can hear it now. It was only a small piece to cut no big deal, It'll be fine. WRONG so don't go thinkin you'll be fine w/ you're safety equipment. Sheesh my friend Dudley was just talkin about me on Hoseheads too. I'm ok now but the ordeal to get patched up, but did meet some nice people
How long did that little job take you Randy? Not laughing at you but with you. I remember a couple of times that I was in a hurry and didn't "think" about the "what if". I believe that it is called the school of hard knocks for a reason.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

1 member likes this post: luckybuc97
9/13/12, 5:12 PM   #4
Andrew S. Quinn

A safe workplace is a happy workplace...

9/13/12, 5:27 PM   #5
mortboyz

Don't feel so lonely....we've got 2 guys around our firehouse that can only count to 9 1/2 using both hands..

9/13/12, 5:46 PM   #6
Andrew S. Quinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortboyz View Post
Don't feel so lonely....we've got 2 guys around our firehouse that can only count to 9 1/2 using both hands..
Was their favorite movie called "9 1/2 weeks"??

3 members like this post: Danny Burton, nathans1012, TeamCGR
9/13/12, 7:52 PM   #7
sprintracer82

2 days after i got home from rumble last winter i got my sweat shirt caught in the spindle of the 60hp cnc boring mill i was running. Been a machinist for 15 years. Should have known better. The owner of the company said he had seen something like that 2 other times. First time the guy lost his arm. The next guy bled to death waiting for help. From time to time the nerves in my right arm get to hurting bad, but at least i can hold a wheel with both hands still. On a funny note of it i picked up a nick name in the shop. The naked machinist! Almost have to laugh about it now. If i dont it scares me too much!
Nick Landon

Posted via Mobile Device

9/13/12, 8:57 PM   #8
racegal

Race Count This Year: 19

Anyway Bad Dad 54 and everyone, You are not stupid! That's why they're called accidents!
I'm glad you didn't get hurt worse!!
Last edited by racegal; 9/14/12 at 6:23 AM.

1 member likes this post: DAD
9/14/12, 8:38 AM   #9
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by racegal View Post
Anyway Bad Dad 54 and everyone, You are not stupid! That's why they're called accidents!
I'm glad you didn't get hurt worse!!

Bro. Dave Gardner an old time stand up comic back in the 60's once said "There aint no such thing as an accident, just premeditated carelessness" Amen

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 9/14/12 at 8:53 AM.

5 members like this post: 767, koolaid89, racegal, randy j, Xflagman
9/14/12, 11:34 AM   #10

Happens to us all. I was in the same shoes last fall. I preach and preach at every single show for drivers to be save with cutting tools (i.e. creating fires). Using a torch to cut a mangeled front fender off a buddies race car. The car is parked in a gravel driveway covered in dead leaves. It all made since when I felt something hot. Leaves caught fire, then the end of my fraied blue jeans were next. So now I have a pair of yard pants that have 1 leg 2 inches shorter than the other. Sad thing is we rolled the car outside to keep sparks off the wood walls.

1 member likes this post: DAD
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Stupid is as Stupid Does