IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kokomo?
8/26/12, 8:29 PM   #71
Re: Kokomo?
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doin' It In The Dirt View Post
I was not there either and I hope Levi gets what he has coming. That guy needs to get knocked back to reality. As for "BrentTFunk" it's easy to talk S H I T on the internet isn't it? Who gives a crap if these poeple couldn't make it. That is what this website is for. Just another punk.. Anyway, I hope Robert is ok. Sounds like it was one heck of a show up there. I will be there next year for sure.
My point if you did not see it, how can you know what should be done? If you heard something 4th hand, are you sure it was correct? All that I saw was Jon taking an ugly hit to the wall, that is why I don't claim to know what happened. They were running around 10th, so if you are not a Jon or Levi fan or with a team running around them, you probably did not see it. Don't know if your calling me a punk or not, and really don't care. As you prove it is easy to talk it on the internet.

8/26/12, 8:35 PM   #72
REALDEAL

OH, im pretty sure he/she called you a punk... LMAO!

1 member likes this post: BrentTFunk
8/26/12, 8:43 PM   #73
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefan20 View Post
Here is the USAC phone number (317) 247-5151

Here is a link to their contact us page http://www.usacracing.com/contact

Here is a link to their facebook page https://www.facebook.com/usacracing?sk=info

If you want to be heard by USAC use one of the above and let them know what you think..
And BTW USAC act like a profesasional organization and keep your website updated DAILY. There are still no updates to their points page since before Smackdown.
Maybe its just me, but I don't think a ruling should be made on people on a message boards opinion. I can't think of any sport that would happen.

1 member likes this post: fish
8/26/12, 8:45 PM   #74
Vukie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprintcarfanatic View Post
I wasn't there & glad to hear the fella's are alright. Here's my thing, I've been hearing about how bad USAC is & if it is that bad drivers & fans need to quit going to USAC shows & they will be a has been Sanction & something else will surely be put in place fairly quickly. Say this here Smackdown deal, Fans should have let the promoter/track know that they would not show up if this was USAC sanctioned. If it were the same track, drivers & such would you the fan still go if it wasn't sanctioned, Hell yeah I would have & you would have too. So if they don't do nothin to Levi here's your chance to do something about it !!!!!!
" {Jason]McCord went on to explain how his idea came to fruition.

“Like I said, we [USAC] put on a great show,” he explained. “Myself and Kirk Spridgeon were tossing around ideas and the Smackdown format came up..... Whenever we first came up with the format the next thing was getting on the phone and making some calls,” McCord stated. “So, I called up Reese [O’Connor, of the local track] and was expecting to have to work on him to get him on board. Within about a minute or two of talking to him about it, he was completely on board."

USAC came up with the idea of "The Sprint Car Smackdown" and yet we have people on this forum trying to kick USAC out the race that they thought up. Pure genius!

http://kokomotribune.com/sports/x946186112/BOWMAN-Kokomo-Speedway-set-for-huge-3-day-show

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, fish, Koonzee, Tumey's 55
8/26/12, 8:49 PM   #75
Sprintcarfanatic

Brent, My reasoning is coming from fans that has talked to me about what has happened at certain races & calls that have been made & that has been over years not just this one. There are people on here that are credible, no. I quit going to All Star races for a while way back when Frankie Kerr was racing with them for a call that was made at Limaland. Kevin Huntley won that night & he even said Frankie got screwed & the fans went crazy over that because we all knew he was right. Gus Wasson was the one that caused the whole controversy.

8/26/12, 8:50 PM   #76
jason_rc_racing

What about the paying fans in the stands last night. It was pretty obvious what we all thought.

Posted via Mobile Device

2 members like this post: dirtfan98, j.estes88
8/26/12, 9:00 PM   #77
Sprintcarfanatic

Vukie, I was not talking just about this race alone. That was an example. I'm tired of trying to explain.

8/26/12, 9:08 PM   #78
nonwingnit

To me it seems pretty simple - talk to the deputy that heard it talk to the other teams crew chiefs that heard it and you've got a pretty unbiased version of what was said - which as I heard it was exactly what someone said earlier Jon asked him why he crashed him and jones replied well you ran me up into the fence the lap before so just thought I'd give you one back - to which Jon said how did I do that to you on the lap before when I was in front of you"

It's not coming right out and saying word for word "I crashed you on purpose" but it leaves little room for any other interpretation

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: c47
8/26/12, 9:26 PM   #79
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonwingnit View Post
To me it seems pretty simple - talk to the deputy that heard it talk to the other teams crew chiefs that heard it and you've got a pretty unbiased version of what was said - which as I heard it was exactly what someone said earlier Jon asked him why he crashed him and jones replied well you ran me up into the fence the lap before so just thought I'd give you one back - to which Jon said how did I do that to you on the lap before when I was in front of you"

It's not coming right out and saying word for word "I crashed you on purpose" but it leaves little room for any other interpretation

Posted via Mobile Device
I get what you mean, and I would have taken it the same way if I were Jon.

8/26/12, 9:33 PM   #80
koolaid89

Wonder if "BrandonT" got any of this on video... I know he posted previously that he wouldn't be posting any more video from the Smackdown until USAC Media got there's posted...

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kokomo?