IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > MMSA at Twin Cities
7/16/12, 2:16 PM   #1
MMSA at Twin Cities
El1teBr33ze

Can someone give info about the MMSA event at Twin Cities on Saturday? Are you guys running wings? What's the payout? How big is Twin Cities? We're thinking about making the trip from Peoria. Any info would be helpful.

Thanks!

7/16/12, 9:10 PM   #2
Re: MMSA at Twin Cities
Bill May

33ze, You can find the info on the MMSA website, be glad to have you both nights.

Bill May

7/17/12, 12:58 AM   #3
modlady

wouldn attempt it not a very safe place track and grand stand wise they have a fence that a bird could flip through there has been 2sprint cars flip threw the fence 1 this year and if you like fighting then it is ok but I dont feel safe ay all when I go there

7/17/12, 7:26 AM   #4
scott bradley1x

Yea I have seen a sprinter go through the fence , but you should be fine in a mini , the sprinters run rite on the wall mini sprints are bottom to middle

Posted via Mobile Device

7/17/12, 8:31 AM   #5
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by modlady View Post
wouldn attempt it not a very safe place track and grand stand wise they have a fence that a bird could flip through there has been 2sprint cars flip threw the fence 1 this year and if you like fighting then it is ok but I dont feel safe ay all when I go there

I am still looking for that safe race track. If you know of one let us all know.

Racing is a dangerous sport, When you put 20 cars on an oval race track and require them to run side by side for a number of laps at high speeds that just ain't safe. If I ran "OSHA" the first thing I would do is ban the danged things as being unsafe. In fact I would use post's like this one to make my case.

Race tracks by nature are all different from one another, some more different than others. When you sign in you are saying that you realize that racing is dangerous and you are doing it because, in spite of being told not to do it you chose to do it anyhow, kinda of what American's do.

For the "faint" among us I would suggest a more tame sport like BINGO. I am told that some BINGO games even have a larger pay out than racing does.

Me I'm looking for a Hot Air Balloon,---- Up Up and away.

Honest Dad himself

1 member likes this post: Xflagman
7/17/12, 3:54 PM   #6
minifan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by El1teBr33ze View Post
Can someone give info about the MMSA event at Twin Cities on Saturday? Are you guys running wings? What's the payout? How big is Twin Cities? We're thinking about making the trip from Peoria. Any info would be helpful.

Thanks!
twin citiese is a dump i watched mini sprints over there earlier this year and it was a mess one end had holes big enough to swallow a mini, and the other end was a solid wall of dust, as dad said no race track is safe but at twin cities that place is a bad wreck waiting to happen the dirt runs all the way up to the top of the wall making a ramp for someone to go straight over the wall and through the fence, mini sprints may not run the top of the track but i have seen people come into the turn and a tierod break and go straight into the wall, at twin cities it will be over the wall and throught the chicken wire fence. Im all for any race track that runs mini sprints but when your talking about driving there from peoria i wouldnt waste my gas, if you lived in lawrenceburg i would say maybe consider it, but if your buddy offers you a beer instead of driving from L burg to there I would take the beer and stay home and im not much of a beer drinker anymore.

7/17/12, 5:14 PM   #7
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by El1teBr33ze View Post

Thanks!

Try to get over here Friday for Bloomington it will be a super race. Usually get 30 cars + for that one. It is kinda of a Peoria with straights, real fast usually pretty well maintained. Twin city is bigger but can get rough. If they would start watering on Thursday real heavy it could be a hell of a track real wide an almost 3/8 mile. I have seen it anywhere from really really smooth to almost a motocross track. Just needs TLC. You never know with Twin city kinda of luck of the draw. It is Kinda of big for mini sprints but like Scott says there is always the bottom. Many years ago when we ran 600cc Honda F2 cars there we shifted gears twice a straightaway.

I think you will have fun over here don't let all the neg stuff get to you.
Bill has his phone # listed call him.

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 7/17/12 at 5:17 PM.

7/18/12, 8:06 AM   #8
El1teBr33ze

Thanks for all the information. We're considering coming over to Bloomington Friday night. See ya there if we do!

2 members like this post: Bill May, DAD
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > MMSA at Twin Cities