IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 62 year old wins sprint race
7/6/12, 10:27 PM   #11
Re: 62 year old wins sprint race
Eric C

If he is collecting social security, I wonder if he is allowed to keep all his winnings?

Eric Cottongim

7/7/12, 11:54 AM   #12
darnall

Seems like Smokey Snellbaker won a super sportsman race after he had passed the 70 year old mark....if I'm not mistaken.....a super sportsman in PA is/was basically a sprintcar with a bit more wheelbase, small wing, 2x4 square tubing lower frame rails and a carburated 350 with self starting capability....many of the cars used a sprintcar frame with the 2x4 square tubing spliced into the lower frame rails.

7/7/12, 11:57 AM   #13
Danny Burton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric C View Post
If he is collecting social security, I wonder if he is allowed to keep all his winnings?

Eric Cottongim
Yes, until he reaches a certain amount of income, maybe 15k or so.

Quiet, numbskulls. I'm broadcasting.

7/7/12, 11:59 AM   #14
darnall

Sorry....upon further investigation I found that Smokey passed away in 2011 at the age of 73....everything I have found online says he won his last race in 2001, which would have him in his early 60s.....I would have sworn I had read a small article about him winning at age 70 but I guess I was wrong....

What sucks is that I have now been wrong 3 times in my life, but the scary thing is that 2 of those happened this year....I sure am slipping in my old age.....hahahaha

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 62 year old wins sprint race