IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > LPS track conditions
7/1/12, 1:15 PM   #11
Re: LPS track conditions
Don 65s

I'm not sure what all the tracks paid Sprints Saturday night. LPS paid $2,000 $225.00 to start. (Didn't draw anymore cars) Paragon paid 1,400 to win and had the best car count. I haven't heard anyone talking about paragons track conditions on this site. Whats up with that...

1 member likes this post: Motormasher
7/1/12, 1:23 PM   #12
Wallsracing

Race Count This Year: 54
Race Count Last Year: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don 65s View Post
I'm not sure what all the tracks paid Sprints Saturday night. LPS paid $2,000 $225.00 to start. (Didn't draw anymore cars) Paragon paid 1,400 to win and had the best car count. I haven't heard anyone talking about paragons track conditions on this site. Whats up with that...
Tri state paid 3 grand only had 16. Think lot people might be saving their stuff sprinweek

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: dirtfan98
7/1/12, 1:33 PM   #13
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallsracing View Post
Tri state paid 3 grand only had 16. Think lot people might be saving their stuff sprinweek

Posted via Mobile Device
Tri-State paid $2500.

7/1/12, 1:42 PM   #14
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Not sure what Waynesfield paid but 23 sprinters 6/30

7/1/12, 1:55 PM   #15
Jonr

Where I was raised, we always had the cars pack the track. When I started racing (stock cars) I always enjoyed packing the track because it let me transtion from a busy week of working on the car to getting ready for the night. For the more experience drivers, they would let their pit crew guys pack the track. It is amazing the amount of crap a pit crew guy will put up with just for a chance to go pack the track.

4 members like this post: awnunn, cmiracingvids, ThrowbackRacingTeam, Tom23
7/1/12, 1:57 PM   #16
cshuman

I'll admit that the track was not the greatest and not real racey, still really greasy at the end of the feature, and there was definately things that could have been done better in my eyes, but that was one bad track out of what the last 10 races?

Posted via Mobile Device

7/1/12, 1:59 PM   #17
STIDA.com

Race Count This Year: 9

Maybe some of you should read the thread "i'm sorry". I for one applaud Joe Spiker for all he has done for LPS. I have been a fan, driver, crew chief, crew, car owner and truck driver. I can promise you , you don't want a repeat of 07 or 08. The tracks were so rough I broke my tailbone with out ever crashing. Keep doin what your doin, you have my support.

Posted via Mobile Device
Last edited by STIDA.com; 7/1/12 at 2:00 PM.

7/1/12, 2:20 PM   #18
Al Pierce

Race Count This Year: 49
Race Count Last Year: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotshoe65s View Post
I read this board and try to restrain from commenting on track condition posts. But I am at the point I gotta speak up.

Plus a significant rant in between

P.S. if you weren't racing a car tonight don't say the track was great. Race tracks look a lot different when your out there than when you are in the stands. It usually looks great in the stands, but you get out there and its a lot different looking. This goes for all tracks not just LPS.
If you regularly read this board, you surely must realize it is an OPEN WHEEL board. Nothing prohibits you from posting but you'd have to agree that the major interest here is OPEN WHEEL racing. I suppose you can find some sympathy but you certainly aren't going to find a solution, or for that matter much agreement for setting up a track more suitable to support classes at the expense of the main attraction. You need to be talking to the track management rather than the patrons. No doubt some of our resident EOEs (Experts on Everything) can advise management on the track preparation procedures that will make everyone happy right down to the exact gallon of water and the precise moment it must be applied but none of us are going to be out there doing track prep (thats probably a good thing). I would say this in deference to your command...I thought the track was great(for what I came for...the sprint car feature) and I wasn't driving a car, but I and several hundred other sprint car fans bought the vast majority of tickets sold. You surely don't have to guess what happens if sprint car fans quit coming....well, you won't have to worry about what the track is set up for.
But, isn't that part of the challenge...to set your car up to existing track conditions?

7/1/12, 2:34 PM   #19
Racer12

But, isn't that part of the challenge...to set your car up to existing track conditions?

BINGO! We have a winner!

Bob

1 member likes this post: Wallsracing
7/1/12, 2:48 PM   #20
jason_rc_racing

Can't set a sprint car up to run in a bowl of soup!

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: big3131
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > LPS track conditions