IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bubba the Love Sponge
2/19/12, 8:07 PM   #51
CTtoPA

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 4

Actually that was their complaint at Big Diamond a few years ago. They weren't going to run because Big D watered. USAC has always been a bit arrogant. At least they had some leverage when they brought Indy drivers with them. Their product is second to none but their management leaves a lot to be desired.

Posted via Mobile Device

3 members like this post: billw, mowerman, PIT CART
2/20/12, 9:07 AM   #52
Re: Bubba the Love Sponge
flatout18

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 46

Unfortunately, we saw both ends of the spectrum when it came to track conditions at Ocala. Thursday night was so black slick that nobody could pass after a handful of laps in the feature. Saturday was so tacky and fast that the cushion never was pushed up to allow passing. Friday was going to be a great track before Mother Nature Intervened. I am pretty sure that the extra water Saturday was probably added to try to keep the track from getting so black and killing everybody's tires.
I don't think that in today's tough economy, 1 track promoter should resort to all of the negative press about a sanctioning body. Every type of car brings their own group of dedicated fans and drivers. I came from Indiana like many others did. I have a certain amount of disposable income to spend on entertainment as I am sure many others do. I love watching non-wing sprints but, I expect to see a quality show for my money. I would think that Bubba would be trying to bend over backwards to try to keep USAC and it's fans happy. If it weren't for the fans sitting in the bleachers buying his $3 hot dogs and $3 sodas he would have nothing.
Overall I had a good time in Florida but, if Bubba doesn't want to make things right then, I can go to a different track next Feb. in Florida or save my money to give to a track in Indiana in the summer. I don't feel that any of this is good for the sport and unfortunately, Bubba has access to the airwaves to preach to his minions and influence things. I don't think anybody is going to come out a winner on this one. J.M.O.

5 members like this post: BrentTFunk, interpreter66, ISF, TNRustler, wallbanger II
2/20/12, 9:47 AM   #53
ISF

It's hard to figure out what to believe and what not to in this deal. There is always 3 sides to every story with the truth being the 3rd side.

Been talking to some late model guys that went to the Sunshine State and USAC, along with many of it's sprint car teams, whether justifiable or not, are being portrayed as a bunch of cry baby a$$holes that no one can please or get along with.

Whether this is true or not is up for interpretation. I do know this, if USAC erred on the side of putting too much water on the track to avoid the conditions in the feature similar to what they ran their A-main on Thursday evening then I'd say I'll take that error in judgement every time even though it was cold as a well diggers arse.

I also believe they (USAC) are doing the right thing by maintaining their silence in this matter. As Jerry already has eluded to, if you get in a pi$$ing match with a skunk you surely gonna' come out smellin' bad regardless if your right or wrong.

2/20/12, 10:23 AM   #54
bfranks17

Shake em and put em away.lol......lets go racin

Posted via Mobile Device

2/20/12, 10:35 AM   #55
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

The thing that irks me in the whole deal is. 30 teams, NONE local hauled 1000 miles to race there and possibly turn a buck for Bubba and USAC, Guarantee you not one of those teams CLEARED A DIME!

USAC can confer with its teams if it wants but what Bubba tweeted about teams and their members was total CRAP IMHO and doesn't deserve to get a car on his track, no matter how good or bad it is.

If he wants to say it to their face, thats fine by me, THAT AT LEAST IS BEING A *MAN*
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 2/20/12 at 7:22 PM.

2/20/12, 6:01 PM   #56
ThrowbackRacingTeam

Just watched the Tanner Swanson video and I thought the Saturday night track looked great. There looked like 3 car widths of track at least below the cushion. Heard the same complaints about the last race at THAT. If the cushion had pushed up much higher there they would've been out in the parking lot. I deduct that SOME PEOPLE WILL COMPLAIN NO MATTER WHAT.

2 members like this post: BlakeFitzpatrick, wvwildthg
2/21/12, 7:33 AM   #57
ImissAscot

F Bubba and bring the season opening USAC Sprint Car/Midget double header back to the PAS ! !

2/21/12, 10:13 AM   #58
ISF

I talked to some guys who were at Ocala with the late models this past weekend and there was a lotta' "stuff" bein' bandied around the pits and such.

Just how much of this "stuff" is true and how much is just people flappin' their gums just to hear themselves remains an unanswered question.

One thing is for sure, USAC is getting a large ration of bad pub' outa' this deal. I personally have thought up 'till now that USAC shouldn't get down in the mud over this but at some point they may need to calmly and directly set the record straight if in fact there is a lot of misinformation being tossed around.

2/21/12, 12:37 PM   #59
I Miss Manzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissAscot View Post
F Bubba and bring the season opening USAC Sprint Car/Midget double header back to the PAS ! !
I was thinking along this same line. Only my venue would selfishly be Canyon Speedway Park! USAC,is there a reason you need to be in Florida?

1 member likes this post: AustinSprinter
2/21/12, 5:45 PM   #60
Chris Nunn

Race Count This Year: 20

Cactus > Palm Tree

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bubba the Love Sponge