IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bubba the Love Sponge
2/14/12, 5:21 PM   #41
Re: Bubba the Love Sponge
Dick Mahoney

I am talking more about the cost of switching to ethanol When they quit giving it for free I am hearing 7 dollars a gallon

2/14/12, 5:34 PM   #42
Seadog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Mahoney View Post
I am talking more about the cost of switching to ethanol When they quit giving it for free I am hearing 7 dollars a gallon
This is a thread about Bubba, not ethanol. Ethanol was done ad nausem on another thread a few weeks back.

1 member likes this post: erich45
2/14/12, 6:44 PM   #43
interpreter66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Bookmiller View Post
Attended the 2011-2012 Usac nationals --was very disapointed Thurs --no water truck at any time -track laid rubber -even had it on my hat. Fri. a story in it`s own- Sat -track wet worked on bottom only -track prep ? all in all vey good show -very much Florida NOT Indiana-passing hard to do -sand not clay -Bubba needed to walk thru parking lot ---Ind. Ohio are where the crowd came from -Fl ?
you must have walked the parking lot early, i saw alot of great plates
ohio.
ind.
ill.
massachuetts
maine
la.
pa.
florida

all the people were not from out of state

we know good racing,we don't know good track owner's

2/14/12, 7:28 PM   #44
Jerry Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebus79h View Post
It's not stooping to Bubba the Jackass' level if they do it with class.

They don't have to call him out or bash him, but they could at least do something to put out the fire that's burning.
No matter how they do it, they would be stooping to this guy's level, if they respond to this controversy he's created, in any way. Bubba is a professional cheap shot artist, who creates controversy for a living. It's what he did when he was here in Terre Haute and what has gotten him fired from several of the jobs that he's had. The best thing USAC can do is learn their lesson, let this guy say what he wants to say, in his little corner of the world and not be associated with him in the future. The thing that makes him look real silly, in this situation, is that he decided to go after a guy (BC) that everybody in our part of the racing world knows to be a stand-up guy and a proven champion.

Jerry

Winston Churchill

2/14/12, 7:40 PM   #45
ISF

Of course I wasn't privy to the dialog that took place among the racers, USAC and track management. I will say however, that if these two factions can't come to an amicable resolution it will be a loss to all involved.

The racing in the heat races on Thursday evening were like 8 lap brawls and the A-main on Saturday evening was better than we could possibly expect. It was the type of 30 lap race that any fan that takes the time and spends their money for this type of entertainment could hope to see. It's as if these cars are tailor made for this track.

We thought the crowd on hand for the Thursday evening show was very surprising considering it was a weeknight. We can only speculate what size crowd would have ultimately gathered for Friday evenings action, but the crowd Saturday evening was such that all parties involved should have made money and plenty of it, and that was despite bone chilling temps and near gale force winds.

If this love sponge character can have a similar series of races involving another sanction and type of racecar that can draw as good or better crowd than what was on hand Saturday night then I'd say have at it. I know I'm overtly partial but I believe that to be true.

Given the potential this deal has for USAC along with the track it would seem more than logical that they put this dust up aside and look toward maintaining this deal in the future. I promise we'll make the trip down if at all possible.
Last edited by ISF; 2/14/12 at 7:44 PM.

5 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Danny Burton, duel, flatout18, interpreter66
2/14/12, 9:18 PM   #46
Vukie

Eckert's Blog.
Bubba's Winter Games.
http://www.sprintcarstats.com/news/?i=10261

2/15/12, 2:47 AM   #47
jerseysprintnut

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by interpreter66 View Post
you must have walked the parking lot early, i saw alot of great plates
ohio.
ind.
ill.
massachuetts
maine
la.
pa.
florida

all the people were not from out of state

we know good racing,we don't know good track owner's
Hey, I was from NJ but my rental said FLA I had a good time except for the rain.

Later, JERSEY

1 member likes this post: interpreter66
2/18/12, 6:49 AM   #48
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Telling Bubba how you feel won't fix it. He's loving the controversy. Telling these will.
http://www.bubbaracewaypark.com/track-supporters
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 2/18/12 at 6:52 AM.

1 member likes this post: I Miss Manzy
2/18/12, 8:55 AM   #49
torsionbar

Is that the track Bubba gave them or is that the track USAC wanted. Was at Lincoln in PA the last 2 years and the track was junk. Lernerville last year-junk. Was at LPS in Sept of '10 and that track was junk also. Seems to me that's what USAC wants. Notice no Lernerville or Lincoln on the schedule this year. Guess they're not going to deal with USAC's BS anymore. Way too many officials in USAC also. No wonder the sanctioning fees are so high. You have to pay all the officials to stand around.

Posted via Mobile Device

3 members like this post: El1teBr33ze, PIT CART, wvwildthg
2/19/12, 6:34 PM   #50
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by torsionbar View Post
Is that the track Bubba gave them or is that the track USAC wanted. Was at Lincoln in PA the last 2 years and the track was junk. Lernerville last year-junk. Was at LPS in Sept of '10 and that track was junk also. Seems to me that's what USAC wants. Notice no Lernerville or Lincoln on the schedule this year. Guess they're not going to deal with USAC's BS anymore. Way too many officials in USAC also. No wonder the sanctioning fees are so high. You have to pay all the officials to stand around.

Posted via Mobile Device
Were you there? The complaint was the track was too wet. Not going to have that problem in PA.

1 member likes this post: Andrew S. Quinn
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bubba the Love Sponge