IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac to announce new national sprint car incentiv
1/28/12, 11:56 AM   #21
Re: Usac to announce new national sprint car incen
old timer

Looks like we are talking before the facts are out. So far this winter I have heard that Bloomington is changing hands,Paragon is for sale and or closing,Lawrencburg is going to a bull ring size, and Steve Kinzer is running for president! The only fact I know for sure is Feb 2 is groundhog day!

1/28/12, 3:15 PM   #22
CRA91

Quote:
Originally Posted by spicoli View Post
Say it ain't so....

USAC would restrict their top ten from performing at the tracks and in front of the fans that made them the top ten???

That would be a serious case of making yourself taller by standing on the shoulders of who got you there.

Make racers more money....by making them buy a backup car to race when USAC isn't??? Really??? Show me that business model.

I hope this isn't the way things will be.

i.e.I am from the government and I am here to help.

For all of you who say USAC is now bringing the big bucks and this should attract more cars and drivers.....who was paying more for non-wing in the past than USAC???? The guys that want the big money are already there.
How exactly does a track or the fans put you in the top ten in points?I guess I've been mistaken all these years as I always thought it was your finishes throughout the season that put you in the top ten in points.When did all this change?

1 member likes this post: Vukie
1/28/12, 4:06 PM   #23
Kevin Miller

This announcement we made was to assure our car owners knew the stakes were being raised this year for our National Sprint Car Championship. While we are working out the final details prior to the official announcement, I will assure you we work very closely with promoters of USAC events across the country and make all decisions with their best interests at hand.

6 members like this post: 2fast4u, BrentTFunk, racefan20, ROSS, Vukie, wtvwrocks
1/28/12, 5:37 PM   #24
Tim Watson

Quote:
Originally Posted by old timer View Post
Looks like we are talking before the facts are out. So far this winter I have heard that Bloomington is changing hands,Paragon is for sale and or closing,Lawrencburg is going to a bull ring size, and Steve Kinzer is running for president! The only fact I know for sure is Feb 2 is groundhog day!
I'm hoping to cook out a groundhog on Feb. 2 this year.

1 member likes this post: Mud Packer
1/28/12, 6:53 PM   #25
bloard

Suppose it's a rule where a USAC points driver can only race a sprint car at a non-USAC event at a track that is has a USAC sprint car date. Would that perhaps be a small reason why Granite City suddenly has a USAC sprint show? Seeing as they run 3 nights of unsanctioned sprints with the Gold Crown? Whatever the rule is, I can assure you that the USAC midget drivers will be able to jump in sprint car at the Gold Crown without hurting their standing with the USAC sprint division.
Last edited by bloard; 1/28/12 at 6:55 PM.

1/28/12, 8:21 PM   #26
smith19

What does this mean for the no way out 40???

1 member likes this post: i love dirt track racing
1/28/12, 10:24 PM   #27
grumpy racer

Maybe if everyone waits till they announce the full details and everything is worked out, all the rumors and speculation can be avoided. Mr Miller posted they are working on the final aspects now. Just a thought or let the rumors fly LOL. I had a hundred people ask me about this program at the trade show, and a hundred different answers and opinions. So, let's let USAC get it all worked out before we get all worked up about it.

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Kansasdirtfan
1/28/12, 10:56 PM   #28
Jonr

I agree with the above post that we need to wait for the details before jumping to conclusions. However, there is no doubt that the WOO does a better job of protecting thier brand name than USAC does. Any direction of USAC to protect thier brand name is a good thing.

1/28/12, 11:42 PM   #29
njtraveler

Last edited by njtraveler; 1/28/12 at 11:51 PM.

1/29/12, 3:13 AM   #30
cshuman

Kinda curious why there was a "press release" about this when the rules/guidelines are still not known... Season starts in less then 10 days boys..

Posted via Mobile Device

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac to announce new national sprint car incentiv