IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac to announce new national sprint car incentiv
1/26/12, 11:47 AM   #1
Usac to announce new national sprint car incentiv
Vukie

http://myemail.constantcontact.com/U...id=JUmIGhJI-nY

1/26/12, 12:22 PM   #2
Re: Usac to announce new national sprint car incen
openwheelKT

Race Count Last Year: 73

Incentives sound pretty good to me. I'm sure sombody won't like it.

1 member likes this post: Danny Burton
1/26/12, 1:47 PM   #3
racefan20

And this is what the complaining will be about.
"Participation requires an active USAC team membership and participation in USACs voluntary loyalty incentive clause."

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
1/26/12, 6:47 PM   #4
old timer

This should fix all the folks problem of not enought money being paid. Great move USAC!

1 member likes this post: TeamCGR
1/27/12, 11:33 AM   #5
Go Fast

Race Count This Year: 3

What this means is you will no longer see the top 10 -12 USAC teams/drivers at any local races. To be eligible requires 100% participation in USAC National Sprint Car events only. USAC can grant permission for a team/driver to run local by request and remain eligible.

I never had a bad day, just some more challenging than others!

1/27/12, 1:24 PM   #6
wbr

More money for the teams is a good thing.

I wonder if this has anything to do with another promoter talking about running silver crown races?

1/27/12, 4:03 PM   #7
Jonr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Fast View Post
What this means is you will no longer see the top 10 -12 USAC teams/drivers at any local races. To be eligible requires 100% participation in USAC National Sprint Car events only. USAC can grant permission for a team/driver to run local by request and remain eligible.
Is this what this means, or does it mean that you have to compete in 100% of all USAC sprint car events. I see it more as a move to eliminate drivers picking and chosing events. (BC and others running Belleville Midget nationals instead of the USAC scheduled race in Nebraska)

I would think that it would not impact dates that USAC does not have a sanction race date on.

1/27/12, 4:54 PM   #8
Go Fast

Race Count This Year: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonr View Post
Is this what this means, or does it mean that you have to compete in 100% of all USAC sprint car events. I see it more as a move to eliminate drivers picking and chosing events. (BC and others running Belleville Midget nationals instead of the USAC scheduled race in Nebraska)

I would think that it would not impact dates that USAC does not have a sanction race date on.
It means just what it says. See the part named "Loyalty Incentive."
Run a local show without permission and you are out of the tow money, 5 free pit passes etc. You have to run 100% of their races and no where else without permission to get these benefits.

BTW, I am not complaining. I don't plan on running for USAC points or traveling with them, so it only helps me since we won't have to run against those guys every week.

I never had a bad day, just some more challenging than others!
Last edited by Go Fast; 1/27/12 at 5:02 PM.

1/27/12, 5:10 PM   #9
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

In my opinion, this should allow for some new blood to rise to the top at the local bullrings. It will take away some of the top dogs but allow others to shine and show what they are made of. Both pros and cons, so it will be interesting to see who does what.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

1 member likes this post: Tim Watson
1/27/12, 5:24 PM   #10
wtvwrocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Fast View Post
It means just what it says. See the part named "Loyalty Incentive."
Run a local show without permission and you are out of the tow money, 5 free pit passes etc. You have to run 100% of their races and no where else without permission to get these benefits.

BTW, I am not complaining. I don't plan on running for USAC points or traveling with them, so it only helps me since we won't have to run against those guys every week.
But you don't really know that until they iron out the legal mumbo jumbo because.....

Sprint Car point fund is NOT a Driver's point fund - it is an OWNER's point fund....unless that has changed this year. The drivers are rewarded through the National Drivers fund which combines points from Sprint, Midget & Champ.

So what's to prevent Damion, BC, DD, and others from running a backup car adding an "x", a "y" or a "z" to their number and hitting a local show, technically they have signed in as a different car? Technically the 71 is still loyal to USAC, but the 71X is deemed a "local" car. Or.......any of those drivers strapping into someone else's car for the weekend? Or.......selling their backup car for $1.00 to their crew chief for one day only so that they aren't technically the owner of that car?

If the point fund isn't tied to a driver how do you determine who owes you the loyalty? The driver or the car owner? And if the car owner doesn't "own" that car for the day then how do you prove that they were being unloyal?

Lot of grey there.....and if you have a good enough lawyer there's a loophole to everything. I'm not complaining, just think it's too soon to say it's definitely one way or the other, and I don't think I can see USAC saying you have to run 100% us and nowhere else - I doubt they'll shut out the weekly tracks that run on off nights of their schedule. I would imagine it's something more similar to their current clause that if there is a USAC show scheduled and you choose to go somewhere else you forfeit all incentives - but I could be wrong. I just think that would be a quick way to make their local tracks they partner with very unhappy.....and those 10-12 guys would have been there without an incentive for all except for one race (Belleville)

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac to announce new national sprint car incentiv