IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 2012 POWRi Schedule
1/17/12, 9:34 PM   #21
Re: 2012 POWRi Schedule
dirtnonwingfan

Race Count This Year: 6

Well, I certainly apologize for starting this thread and causing all this confusion. Yes, I did get my information from an email from Wanda Knepper. I would encourage everyone to sign up for her emails. You can do this at the POWRi merchandise trailer. It appears to me that Wanda stays up after every POWRi event and writes up intelligent, informative, entertaining reports on the night's activities. You have a reports on the previous evening's activities waiting for you in your inbox when you awake (assuming normal sleep patterns). She has put out their 2012 schedule, even if the POWRi web master obviously hasn't.

It appears there has already been changes to the schedule released at the CB. The schedule above has them racing at Jacksonville both April 27 & 28 while the one I got this morning has them at Macon the 28th. Also added is July 29 at US 36 Raceway in Cameron MO as well as the Sept. 1 date at DuQuoin. I find the Jacksonville IL dates interesting. Last night I had a short conversation about Jacksonville with a local racer and also someone who worked there last year. I asked if they had heard whether it was going to be open and they had heard nothing definite. Can anyone shed more light on this?

1/17/12, 9:40 PM   #22
racefan20

That 1st little Belleville race looks perfect for my 1st trip there.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

1/17/12, 9:48 PM   #23
Sprint63122

Frank there was some postings on another board about Jacksonville opening this year as of now it will not be open every week they had some specials booked looks like powri series was one of them now they said there should be some more information being posted soon about the 2012 season.

Looks like there will be another indoor race at the mini mile at the end of march now will have to hope they have the track the same way it was in December the feature racing was great video to watch.

1 member likes this post: dirtnonwingfan
1/17/12, 9:53 PM   #24
bloard

I also think the April 28 date is at Macon, not a 2 night show at Jacksonville, but not positive.

1/17/12, 10:44 PM   #25
Kansasdirtfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloard View Post
I also think the April 28 date is at Macon, not a 2 night show at Jacksonville, but not positive.
You are correct. The April 28 date is indeed at Macon. Data entry error in care of yours truly. Sorry for the confusion.

I'm not too surprised the schedule is already showing signs of change. Isn't that the way it usually goes? The dates I posted are from a schedule sheet picked up at the POWRI souvenir trailer at Tulsa.

1/18/12, 10:12 AM   #26
El1teBr33ze

From what I heard, Jacksonville is not opening every week. They are having some specials, mostly Midwest Open Wheel Monster Energy 410 series and the POWRi shows. I'm pretty sure that's it.

1 member likes this post: dirtnonwingfan
1/18/12, 11:21 AM   #27
bloard

Quote:
Originally Posted by El1teBr33ze View Post
From what I heard, Jacksonville is not opening every week. They are having some specials, mostly Midwest Open Wheel Monster Energy 410 series and the POWRi shows. I'm pretty sure that's it.
You are correct. As one of the people involved in the effort to open Jacksonville, at this point we have committed to running a couple of POWRi shows, a handful of MOWA shows and perhaps a few others.

There are many logistics to work through, but we have committed to open the doors for these events so one way or another the doors will be open. If at some point someone else comes along who is capable of keeping the track open for the long term, our group of locals will gladly step aside and allow them to do it.

When a track that sits in the middle of a town stops making noise for a whole summer, the chances of it ever being able to make noise again are not good. So we plan on making sure some noise continues this summer in the hopes that at some point the right person comes along to take over the reigns.

As one of the people involved in the formation of the MOWA series, at this point last year we didn't even yet have the idea of forming a racing series and still pulled it off with time to spare. Surely we have plenty of time to get things together to open a race track for 8-10 nights.

6 members like this post: darnall, dirtnonwingfan, ISF, Mud Packer, SpfldMile
1/18/12, 1:04 PM   #28
El1teBr33ze

@bloard i hope nothing but the best for you guys. Hopefully a season like this summer with great open wheel shows will rejuvenate the track and those that are a part of it. Good luck, see ya this summer!

1/18/12, 1:58 PM   #29
SpfldMile

I too hope the best for Jacksonville, I love the place. It is close, which is always a positive. It's a racy little bullring that is usually really well prepared. I've seen some real barnburners there over the years, and I hope that will continue for many more.

1/18/12, 3:56 PM   #30
bmemmer

no indoor race at DuQuion in march ?!?1

2 members like this post: Great Scott, Precision Chassis
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 2012 POWRi Schedule