IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lawrenceburg Updates?
10/2/11, 8:08 AM   #31
Re: Lawrenceburg Updates?
Dave Rudisell
Inactive Member

Thanks everyone for a great night of racing, and for all of you coming out and braving the cold temps.
Thanks, Dave Rudisell

10/2/11, 10:14 AM   #32
Gee2

Ya it was cold last nite...went to Eldora, it was class of them to start hotlaps at 4pm... feature was over at 8:30 and back in Indy at 10:30. Other tracks may wanna consider this late in the season.. Thanks Eldora

10/2/11, 11:08 AM   #33
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee2 View Post
Ya it was cold last nite...went to Eldora, it was class of them to start hotlaps at 4pm... feature was over at 8:30 and back in Indy at 10:30. Other tracks may wanna consider this late in the season.. Thanks Eldora
Wonder how many showed up to find the missed 3/4 of the show?

10/2/11, 1:36 PM   #34
Gregg

I second it about Jonathon Hendrick. He was on rails and cruising to an apparent victory running the high line. On lap 22 he was absolutely hosed as an accident unfolded leaving a car in his path. There was nothing he could do but get collected. No one could have ever avoided it.

Local racer Shawn Westerfeld had his game face on. Fast in hot laps and qualified well. In his heat he was a lock for a transfer when he took a wild ride coming out of turn one. Shawn came out of it okay. I hope the car wasn't in too bad of shape. They didn't need this.

Hard to believe Levi Jones notched only his second USAC Sprint car victory of the year.

By the time quals started my only options left for keeping warm was my old LL Bean jacket in the car and the two throws I was sitting on. They stayed where they were the rest of the evening. There was enough wind coming from the North that you could see the scoring tower swaying. Sometime around the quals the wind died down to almost nothing.

The best place to be was in the grandstand as far as combating the cold. As soon as I was up and walking around the place I would start to get cold.

The track was ready to race and didn't need to be touched the rest of the evening.

Sad to put an end to another racing season and say so long for now to the Padfields, the Hetsers, Danny, Ed Kempf, Bob Gatten, Duane, Drew and Bobby Koch, Rudi, Bob, Monica & Jade and company. I know I missed a few others. I said so long to Aero but he seemed to be still getting his arms around the news Yuengling is coming closer to Indiana. I said goodbye to Marv but hope to attend one or two of his Tuesday evening Pow Wows in the off season.
Last edited by Gregg; 10/2/11 at 7:55 PM.

5 members like this post: Dirtfan, FishBurger, mowerman, Mud Packer, Ricks Pics
10/2/11, 3:15 PM   #35
FishBurger

Not much I can add to the well said wraps provided above by Lip2, Charles, Gregg, et al. But then I've never let having nothing to say keep me quiet.

+ to Bryan Clausen, who by virtue of being the quickest Indy Lights practicer at Kentucky Speedway was then destined to be the last time trialer. With 'Burg hot laps at 6:00 and qualies at 6:30, would he make it back in time to avoid tagging the tail in the "B" main? Adding to the drama, BC's buddy, Kyle Robbins, who in the past has drawn a bunch of 77's, 85's, etc. on his own behalf when pulling a pill for a time trial spot, drew Numero Uno for #7. Though missing hot laps, Bryan blasted out of the push off chute to complete 2 bobble free laps, his first dirt laps after running 180 or so earlier in the day. Well done BC!

+ to Logan Hupp, who as Charles documented above, proved that he can run with these USAC/MSCS guys and be competitive. He, along with Michael Fischesser, Shawn Westerfeld, and 1 or 2 other 'Burg regulars continue to amaze me with the improvement they show from race to race and season to season.

+ to my boy Chad Boespflug. 6th in time trials, 5th in a stacked heat just missing transfer, 2nd in the "B" holding off Jac in the Hoffman #69 for several laps to the checkers. Thanks to the Simon's folks for putting Chad in the seat to secure and finish his championship season.

+ to Dave/Rudy/Bozo Rudisell for everything he does, from track prep to hand shaking, to scores of other weekly chores. I had thought that Kim, Jim (Rudy Sr.), and sometimes Kayla did all the hard work and while that's fairly accurate, Dave does indeed pitch in from time to time. All in all, except for the rain, it was a TERRIFIC season. See if you can't do something about that in '12

+ to visits with long time friends Jeff Alderson, and son Tyler Hewitt. First 'Burg drive for Tyler. He got some laps, all clean, and reported that he liked the new track, and hopes to return with more experience and a fresh engine. Good people!

+Bob Gatten, just back from Florida house hunting (and buying) stopped by Section "A" for a long sit down with us. Gonna miss visits with him in the #98 pit in '12 though he say's he'll return from time to time, and for sure during ISW.

+Section "A" misfits behaved impeccably, even when 50/50 hottie Cherie (gonna miss that girl) ventured up our aisle. I'm sure the presence of RacinBabe and Nancy kept the Packer of Mud and the Fan of Dirt in check, but Gregg, Ed, and for the most part, DannyB also did nothing to embarrass on this night.

+Is it April yet? Can't wait.

6 members like this post: davidm, Dirtfan, Gregg, Mud Packer, Ricks Pics, wideopen24
10/2/11, 7:52 PM   #36
Downey44

Well nothing really left from a great night of racing discuss. Everything covered in above posts i'd say. Did get to meet a few fellow IOW followers though, and really enjoyed that. Hope all got home safely. Already looking forward to next season. Can't get here soon enough!

2 members like this post: FishBurger, smith19
10/2/11, 8:39 PM   #37
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

I can't add much of anything to what Gregg & Marv have already said,Good People,Good Times & Good Racing

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"
Last edited by Dirtfan; 10/2/11 at 8:42 PM.

3 members like this post: FishBurger, Gregg, Mud Packer
10/2/11, 10:08 PM   #38
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Always an enjoyable evening of racing at da Burg. Section A might have a bunch of misfits however we seem to fit in well for an evening of racing.

Tough break for young Mr. Hendrick as he had them all covered last night. Just wasn't meant to be I guess. I would imagine that Shane Westerfeld is quite sore and stiff today. The young man took quite a ride in the heat race last night. Glad to see him out of the car and able to walk to the ambulance.

A very unusual occurance last night in the fact that Dave Darland didn't transfer to the feature and wasn't involved in a wreak or have mechanical woes that eliminated him. Seldom see him race the heat and the B with nothing to show for it.

Dave and crew did a great job with track prep last night. Also would be remiss if I didn't say congratulations on the honor of being the non wing promoter for 2009 & 2010. Quite the honor for the head man for sure.

We also said goodbye for another season to Bob, Monica, Jade, Aero, Little Rube, Marv, Gregg, Ed, Dan & Nancy. We will be looking forward to spring and the 2012 season opener at Lawrenceburg.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

2 members like this post: Dirtfan, FishBurger
10/3/11, 10:04 AM   #39
smith19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downey44 View Post
Well nothing really left from a great night of racing discuss. Everything covered in above posts i'd say. Did get to meet a few fellow IOW followers though, and really enjoyed that. Hope all got home safely. Already looking forward to next season. Can't get here soon enough!
still waiting for my updates.....

10/3/11, 10:22 AM   #40
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

the update is on www.jackslash.com
Check out the three wide, three groove hundred mile an hour average track and the great racing that happened on it that we who braved the cold got to enjoy.

This is a freebie from Sean Buckley. Thank him for it. I DO! Even though I was there

1 member likes this post: dirtball
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lawrenceburg Updates?