IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Ballou & Foxco team up for 4-Crown Nationals
9/14/11, 8:47 AM   #11
groove grabber

Comeon now, Sacha is right, I love Dd but your thoughts are whats wrong with the sport, everyone who has no information spreads their opinion as the truth when noone wants to really hear it , inside info tells me ballou works his ass off to put on a show for people like you and either Dd or him have the benefit of hand-me's, good luck to both, I hope they have a good run right behind me

Shane Cockrum
Posted via Mobile Device
Last edited by groove grabber; 9/14/11 at 8:48 AM.

3 members like this post: apexonephoto, wtvwrocks
9/14/11, 12:02 PM   #12
Re: Ballou & Foxco team up for 4-Crown Nation
mortboyz

Good luck at the Big E, Shane. You did a damn nice job at Du Quoin last week. Tried to stop and introduce myself but there was like 347 people crowded around you in the pits afterwards
See you at the Gold Crown or Little Belleville....

1 member likes this post: groove grabber
9/14/11, 12:05 PM   #13
streetglider

Just for the record: i never said RB did buy that ride( "not sure what happened here") . RB is a balls out driver that i enjoy watching!! My point was that DD and Galen have been together a LONG time and you can't deny that DD has been screwed out of some good rides due to the $$ factor. If you dont believe that then you have your head buried in the sand! I have been inside the sprint car scene for 25+ years and know that the game has changed !! Also just FYI i do know Galen and the boys and i KNOW that they are great guys and have fieldled many cars and supported many forms of racing!!!! I did not mean to imply that they were selling rides, if that is how you took it!

9/14/11, 3:21 PM   #14
Shawn Harper

Quote:
Originally Posted by openwheelKT View Post
It was said on here that DD would be in the #37 for Du Quoin and would stay in it for Eldora. Sounded like that was DD’s call so didn’t sound like he got booted to me. So Foxco was looking for somebody, they picked somebody. I don’t think they are in the business of taking money for rides.
Heard through the grapevine that Fox boys couldnt get the car back together for Duqoin after Dave flipped it. Dave had an opportunity in the 37 car, but stipulations between Dave and the 37 team were he would run Eldora. Foxco had to find another driver for Eldora! This doesn't mean Dave is out of the Foxco ride.

1 member likes this post: Hubie
9/14/11, 5:18 PM   #15
streetglider

Shawn thanks for the info....that clears up the confusion!!

9/14/11, 9:54 PM   #16
SPRINTCAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetglider View Post
Congrats Robert??? What about Dave??? DD has proven himself time and time again only to get F@#*ed out of good rides to some young kid with $$$$!!!! Not sure what happened here, but this is what is wrong these days in sprint car racin'... Most of these kids dont know a torsion bar from a candy bar and think an open trailer is from a movie set!!!! And we congratulate them???? Come on people
Quote:
Just for the record: i never said RB did buy that ride( "not sure what happened here") . RB is a balls out driver that i enjoy watching!! My point was that DD and Galen have been together a LONG time and you can't deny that DD has been screwed out of some good rides due to the $$ factor. If you dont believe that then you have your head buried in the sand! I have been inside the sprint car scene for 25+ years and know that the game has changed !! Also just FYI i do know Galen and the boys and i KNOW that they are great guys and have fieldled many cars and supported many forms of racing!!!! I did not mean to imply that they were selling rides, if that is how you took it!
Point taken ............. I think?

9/15/11, 7:07 AM   #17
hoosier

Quote:
Congrats Robert??? What about Dave??? DD has proven himself time and time again only to get F@#*ed out of good rides to some young kid with $$$$!!!! Not sure what happened here, but this is what is wrong these days in sprint car racin'... Most of these kids dont know a torsion bar from a candy bar and think an open trailer is from a movie set!!!! And we congratulate them???? Come on people

...maybe you should buy you a car then put in it whomever you would like, then we could b** about your driver. I love the people who get on here and b*** but never pay the bills, or sign their names to their posts.
Didn't your mother ever tell you if you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all. If nobody ever helped anyone out in times like these, there would be no races to go to.. Not one of these post congratulating Robert put Dave down in anyway, they were just congratulating Robert on an opportunity given to him. Dave is a helluva driver and even better man, Good luck to Both.

Crystal Pottorff

2 members like this post: batch56, BrentTFunk
9/15/11, 11:47 AM   #18
streetglider

Hoosier: maybe you should read my post again!! I did NOT ***** about or slam RB!!! As for buying a car and putting my own driver in it........ i DID that for 8 years so i know the game (maybe even more than you).......my point was that the comraderie & the and racing were much better in the 70s and 80s and the car counts have been spiraling since the early 90s!!! i dont want it to turn into Formula 1

9/15/11, 1:37 PM   #19
nonwingnit

Quote:
Hoosier: maybe you should read my post again!! I did NOT ***** about or slam RB!!! As for buying a car and putting my own driver in it........ i DID that for 8 years so i know the game (maybe even more than you).......my point was that the comraderie & the and racing were much better in the 70s and 80s and the car counts have been spiraling since the early 90s!!! i dont want it to turn into Formula 1
Where I think you lost people was your point has nothing to do with this post. This isn't a case of what you're describing nor is it even relevant. The post isn't about DD - who is a great driver - yet you have tried to make it seem like RB was stealing something from Dave or didn't earn the ride. You're comments about "rich kids" and "not knowing a torsion bar" all seem directed towards RB since that is who and what this post is about. If it's not about him then your post is irrelevant to the topic at hand. It clearly looked to me in your first post that you were trying to make it seem that RB hadnt earned this at all.....especially since that's what the topic was about. I sympathize with your feelings but it's a fact of life - there will always be an up and coming guy. I would bet DD was probably replacing some guys every bit as good as him when he was younger. Most athletes don't even get to compete still in their respective sports once they hit 40. Again though - that's another topic and has nothing to do with this post. I'm sure DD will do fine and since it was earlier stated was his own choice to go with the 37 I don't get your beef.

Greg
Posted via Mobile Device

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Ballou & Foxco team up for 4-Crown Nationals