IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Ballou & Foxco team up for 4-Crown Nationals
9/12/11, 10:59 PM   #1
Ballou & Foxco team up for 4-Crown Nationals
racemedia

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Ballou & Foxco team up for 4-Crown Nationals
Westfield, IN September 12, 2011

Rocklin, CA native and driver of the #81 USAC Non-wing Sprint Car, Robert Ballou “The Madman” has been signed to drive the historic Foxco #56 Silver Crown machine for the upcoming 4-Crown Nationals at Eldora Speedway on September 24, 2011. This will be Ballou’s second appearance in a champ car with his debut occurring in 2010 at the Eldora event. Ballou drove the Sachs/Yermal #125 qualifying 23rd and ultimately moving up to finish 8th in his inaugural event. Ballou has a winning history at the high banked half mile with three USAC non-wing sprint car wins as well as two non sanction events at the Tony Stewart owned raceway. “I’m excited to work with a solid team for this year’s race. Eldora is probably my favorite track and obviously Foxco has a solid history of winning so I think together we’ll put on a great show for the fans. I feel I know my way around Eldora better than most. I’ve never worked with Galen or the boys but they have a great reputation and I think they’ll put together the best car that suits my driving style.” Ballou stated.

The #56 Jarvis/Foxco/Beast, Galen Fox owned Silver Crown car has 16 USAC career victories and 6th overall in USAC Silver Crown owners win list. Owner Galen Fox was inducted in the National Sprint Car Hall of Fame in 2002 and has fielded a USAC dirt car since1976. Sponsors on the car include Jarvis Enterprises, Foxco Racing Engines, Hoosier Tire and Competition Suspension.

Robert Ballou, a native of Rocklin, California, drives the #81 MPHG non wing sprint car. Sponsors include: Lucas Oil, Triple XXX, Don Ott racing engines, Indy Race Parts, Hinchman Racewear, Infinity Shocks, ISC Racers Tape, DMI, Butler Built Seats and Keizer Wheels.

For more information on USAC please contact usacracing.com For more information on Eldora Speedway please contact eldoraspeedway.com

To follow the team, get race updates and other information please "like" us on Facebook: Robert Ballou Motorsports or follow on twitter @robertballou81

9/12/11, 11:26 PM   #2
Re: Ballou & Foxco team up for 4-Crown Nation
AustinSprinter

Race Count This Year: (22)
Race Count Last Year: (29)

Congrats to all goin forward...noticed D.D. wasn't in #56 at DuQuoin!!...man that had been a long assoc. btween them!!.........

1 member likes this post: PIT CART
9/12/11, 11:36 PM   #3
PAW

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinsprinter View Post
congrats to all goin forward...noticed d.d. Wasn't in #56 at duquoin!!...man that had been a long assoc. Btween them!!.........

9/13/11, 5:37 AM   #4
cmakin

Congrats to Robert on the champ car ride.

2 members like this post: JBallou, jim goerge
9/13/11, 8:10 AM   #5
DIRT-TRACK-JUNKIE

Giver Hell "MADMAN"

2 members like this post: JBallou, jim goerge
9/13/11, 10:51 AM   #6
i love dirt track racing

will the mad man be at bloomington and tri state this weekend. and will he be in the#81 for both shows.

9/13/11, 2:22 PM   #7
hoosier

Wow.. awesome news for Robert...When he was at the farm a few weeks ago him and I had a lenghty conversation and this young man has really matured through his career and over the last few years..keep pushing on Robert. Sounds like things are taking shape for you. Foxco is a wonderful team with wonderful people behind it. Wish you and the Fox Boys all the luck in the world.

Crystal Pottorff

2 members like this post: JBallou, The Riz
9/13/11, 10:35 PM   #8
streetglider

Congrats Robert??? What about Dave??? DD has proven himself time and time again only to get F@#*ed out of good rides to some young kid with $$$$!!!! Not sure what happened here, but this is what is wrong these days in sprint car racin'... Most of these kids dont know a torsion bar from a candy bar and think an open trailer is from a movie set!!!! And we congratulate them???? Come on people

9/13/11, 10:48 PM   #9
wtvwrocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetglider View Post
Congrats Robert??? What about Dave??? DD has proven himself time and time again only to get F@#*ed out of good rides to some young kid with $$$$!!!! Not sure what happened here, but this is what is wrong these days in sprint car racin'... Most of these kids dont know a torsion bar from a candy bar and think an open trailer is from a movie set!!!! And we congratulate them???? Come on people
This is why I don't get involved in these kinds of discussions. Educate yourself before you post ignorant comments. No one paid for a ride to take it away from someone else, if Robert had that kind of money I doubt he'd buy a ride. Do some research then post something intelligent, he just ran 5th at Terre Haute in an open trailer and is 5th in National points......

Sacha
Last edited by wtvwrocks; 9/13/11 at 10:58 PM.

9/14/11, 8:01 AM   #10
openwheelKT

Race Count Last Year: 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetglider View Post
It was said on here that DD would be in the #37 for Du Quoin and would stay in it for Eldora. Sounded like that was DD’s call so didn’t sound like he got booted to me. So Foxco was looking for somebody, they picked somebody. I don’t think they are in the business of taking money for rides.

2 members like this post: Fox.53, PAW
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Ballou & Foxco team up for 4-Crown Nationals