IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Dwight Clock R.I.P.
8/18/11, 10:49 AM   #11
Re: Dwight Clock R.I.P.
oldtimer

Thank You to everyone who replied to my post.
Russ
Ps, racegal, I'll never make fun of where you live! ( my youngest son lives in Watertown,WI.)

1 member likes this post: racegal
8/18/11, 11:49 AM   #12
racegal

Race Count This Year: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtimer View Post
Russ
Ps, racegal, I'll never make fun of where you live! ( my youngest son lives in Watertown,WI.)
Thank you!!
My husband's aunt lives there too on QQ.
I'll bet he gets to Sun Prairie alot?

1 member likes this post: oldtimer
8/18/11, 12:26 PM   #13
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by racegal View Post
Thank you for the reminder Oldtimer!
I miss him too!!
He always made fun of where I live! (Now Mudpacker has taken over that job!)
I hope that Dwight would be proud that I continued what he started. It is the least that I could do.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

1 member likes this post: racegal
8/18/11, 12:27 PM   #14
Jerry Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtimer View Post
Russ
Russ,

Your son lives right down the road from the worst mosquitos on the face of the Earth. Along Hwy 16, just East of Ixonia, there's a roadside park at a bend in the Rock River. It looks real nice, but get out of your car and you're lunch.

I used to go sit and talk with Dwight, whenever I would see him. Usually @ Gas City or the times I was at Winchester. The thing that impressed me the most about him was that no matter how much under the weather he might have been that day, you would never hear a peep out of him about that. He wanted to know how you were doing and loved to talk about that day's race and others he had seen and you had seen, in the past. And he had a real racing library in his memory. Considering some of the health problems that he was battling through, he showed a tremendous amount of dedication to get to the track. I hope someday if I'm in the same boat, I can show the same resolved Dwight did.

Jerry

Winston Churchill

2 members like this post: IndyBound, oldtimer
8/18/11, 2:07 PM   #15
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

I first met Dwight at Terre Haute on the same evening that I first met several other IOW members. We immediately became friends. I really miss his presence on this board and the visits I had with him at various tracks.

3 members like this post: IndyBound, Mud Packer, oldtimer
8/18/11, 3:32 PM   #16
IndyBound

Russ, since Jerry brought up that your son lives in the worst mosquitoe area on earth I will share a story with you. On Sunday a little four year old girl from New Haven, N. Y. died from eastern equine encephalitis. Little Maggie would have turned five on August 16th which also would have been my Mom's birthday instead of celebbrating her birthday Maggie's family has spent this week planning her funeral and burying her today. Yesterday I found myself wondering if Dwight and Mom were there to greet this little angel when she got to Heaven.

Maggie's family during this difficult week have been very pro active to get areas in central N. Y. with the worst mosquitoe population that have tested positive for EEE sprayed. Maggie's family doesn't know where she was bitten by the infected mosquitoe.

Russ, I feel Dwight would want this story shared with all of our IOW friends as a reminder to protect ourselves whenever we are in a mosquitoe infested areas.

Miss you, Dwight!

Patti

2 members like this post: oldtimer, racegal
8/18/11, 10:13 PM   #17
wbr

That gentle smile absent from pit road at the pavement tracks will always be missed. RIP my old friend.
Posted using Mobile Device

2 members like this post: IndyBound, oldtimer
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Dwight Clock R.I.P.