IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Updates from iowa
8/10/11, 8:11 AM   #61
Re: Updates from iowa
Sprint63122

Teams going thru 5 sets of tires no track prep at all and a feature that was run on the bottom of the half mile train style will say Osky pretty much dropped the ball on this one.Only good thing was we had the best weather yet to watch this race and there was nothing worth watching.

2 members like this post: jim goerge, TeamCGR
8/11/11, 1:49 AM   #62
Re: Updates from iowa
ColoradoFan

DD had the best comment when he was interviewed before the foot race. " Terry should have gotten out of bed this morning and worked on this track". I was also told by a driver that the excuse was that they didn't have any equipment to work the track. I've only missed one of these races and it was by far the worst track ever hands down. Also from the looks of the crowd I doubt Terry McCarl missed going to the bank this morning. It appeared to me that they had just watered a winged track from the night before and I was told it had been too tacky for a good winged show. If they had swapped conditions they could of had two good shows but instead they had unhappy fans both nights.
Oh well maybe they won't make the same mistake next year.

Vern Plotts

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Updates from iowa