IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Mount Lawn Cancelled July 30
7/28/11, 12:24 PM   #1
Mount Lawn Cancelled July 30
A1Sprint

Due to the heat, this Saturday night's racing program at Mount Lawn, which included the UMRA TQ Midgets has been cancelled. The next race for the UMRA will be Saturday August 6 at Anderson Speedway.

7/28/11, 2:11 PM   #2
Re: Mount Lawn Cancelled July 30
racer-x

What the heck is Al Gore and the mainstream media scaring people into this or what? All tracks say attendance drops when school goes back, that is only about 3 weeks away.
It is no hotter then what it has been in the last 10 years in my opinion.

7/28/11, 3:12 PM   #3
i love dirt track racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1Sprint View Post
Due to the heat, this Saturday night's racing program at Mount Lawn, which included the UMRA TQ Midgets has been cancelled. The next race for the UMRA will be Saturday August 6 at Anderson Speedway.
WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7/29/11, 10:01 AM   #4
TQ29m

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer-x View Post
What the heck is Al Gore and the mainstream media scaring people into this or what? All tracks say attendance drops when school goes back, that is only about 3 weeks away.
It is no hotter then what it has been in the last 10 years in my opinion.
According to ch59 news last night, this has been the HOTTEST July, since the 1930's, and as a surviver of a heat stroke, it isn't something to take lightly, I'm lucky I survived, most don't, and those of us who have, have a long, difficult time with heat, your body wants to shut down, your heating and cooling system goes bonkers, my blood pressure when I got to the Hospital, was 365 over 220, and I was trembling, sweating, and chilling at the same time, it has taken at least 15yrs, to get to the point I can stand it for even an hr, it isn't something that you can take pills for, it is very real, heat exhaustion is not good, but nothing compares to a full blown heat stroke. Bob
Last edited by TQ29m; 7/29/11 at 11:06 AM.

2 members like this post: FishBurger, Mud Packer
7/29/11, 10:19 AM   #5
racerjim2

I know where Bob is coming from with this. I'm much younger and lots better looking than Bob and I've been having a hard time the past few weeks with the humidity and heat. Breathing is my problem or lack of. This humidity just kicks my butt.

And, many of the TQ guys are older (maybe not the drivers but the guys who pay the bills) and it's a good choice in my opinion to save someone from a heat stroke or worse.

There's always another day, another race and no need to push your luck.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Mount Lawn Cancelled July 30