IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > what teams can we see at the burg tonight
7/24/11, 1:33 PM   #31
Re: what teams can we see at the burg tonight
Gregg

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHORTBUS View Post
Marv,
WE are just fine but some day you might still have kick my
Friends like you are hard to find in this day & age.

---------- Post added at 12:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 PM ----------

Hey Chuck,
Really got you guys down south sturred up this morning.
Now to answer you ?
PAID 13 --- ONLY drove 30 MILE instead of 160 --- had 26 sprint cars
got to see darland beat windom in the last 50 feet
lets hear that again chuck.
further more did not have to listen to some noisiy azzed band try to play.
CONVERSATION IS OVER
Bottom line, like John says, we all had a good time. You did have a good time didn't you?

You went 30 miles an I went 12 miles so it looks like we both suffer from a total lack of adventure but in my case I don't mind a bit.

I had a great time and I didn't need the head banger music either. Even you must admit watching Tracy Hines win at no cost to us is a darn good deal.

Shortbus all of us know that rattling our chains is your way of making sure we know you are still around. Take care and have a good day of rest.

1 member likes this post: FishBurger
7/24/11, 2:10 PM   #32
Need For Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefan20 View Post
The important thing is that everyone who wanted to see a race last night had 3 choices and they all ran, anything beyond that is petty BS.
Huh????????

I only got to see part of hot laps, and then the arial sprinkler system came on at WRP. So not -EVERYBODY- who wanted to see a race, got to, last night.........

7/24/11, 2:42 PM   #33
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Honestly didn't hear hardly any music from the band till after racing was over. Then I watched em do about four tracks.

The conversation aint over. Drove 45 miles instead of 156. Seen speeds twice as fast as LPS every thought about hitting, and Corner speeds of 90 not 9

2 members like this post: FishBurger, rdzsprint
7/24/11, 2:57 PM   #34
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

A rather interesting evening at Lawrenceburg Speedway last night. Here are a few observations from the peanut gallery.:2:

1)A big thank you to Dave for the HARF/DARF/BARC discount. It certainly was above and beyond. Dave, I hope that you sold enough hot dogs and cokes to make it a profitable evening. Your generosity was certainly appreciated.

2)Rudy and the crew did a great job on track prep in intense heat and provided the drivers with a very fast track to demonstrate their abilities. The track held up well all evening.

3)Justin Grant has really come on in recent outings that I have witnessed. He was definitely in a different zip code last night before the tire issues jumped up and grabbed him. The battle behind him was very hard fought and it seemed to change a couple of times per lap through the middle portion of the event.

4)The Honorable Marvin Q. Fishburger was AWE (absent without excuse) for the second time this month. We arrived to find someone else sitting on Marv's throne and no one from the regular Section A crowd anywhere in sight. Thankfully Gregg and the mailman showed up so we weren't lonesome for long. One good thing about Danny B., he is always multi tasking and providing updates from other tracks. Never lost for words either.

5)The crowd in Section A last night was very different than we have witnessed before. It must be that the local Wallyworld closed early due to the heat and the people of WalMart stopped by to watch the race. Entertainment all around.

6)No matter which track you chose last night, I certainly hope you enjoyed the show as much as we did. If you are at the race track, I find it hard to believe that it could be to bad.

7)It certainly was warm last night but Chaplain Jackie reminded us all to remember our American soldiers in full combat gear fighting for our freedom. I know sometimes I forget.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

2 members like this post: Dave Rudisell, FishBurger
7/24/11, 3:23 PM   #35
Dave Rudisell
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud Packer View Post
A rather interesting evening at Lawrenceburg Speedway last night. Here are a few observations from the peanut gallery.:2:

1)A big thank you to Dave for the HARF/DARF/BARC discount. It certainly was above and beyond. Dave, I hope that you sold enough hot dogs and cokes to make it a profitable evening. Your generosity was certainly appreciated.

2)Rudy and the crew did a great job on track prep in intense heat and provided the drivers with a very fast track to demonstrate their abilities. The track held up well all evening.

3)Justin Grant has really come on in recent outings that I have witnessed. He was definitely in a different zip code last night before the tire issues jumped up and grabbed him. The battle behind him was very hard fought and it seemed to change a couple of times per lap through the middle portion of the event.

4)The Honorable Marvin Q. Fishburger was AWE (absent without excuse) for the second time this month. We arrived to find someone else sitting on Marv's throne and no one from the regular Section A crowd anywhere in sight. Thankfully Gregg and the mailman showed up so we weren't lonesome for long. One good thing about Danny B., he is always multi tasking and providing updates from other tracks. Never lost for words either.

5)The crowd in Section A last night was very different than we have witnessed before. It must be that the local Wallyworld closed early due to the heat and the people of WalMart stopped by to watch the race. Entertainment all around.

6)No matter which track you chose last night, I certainly hope you enjoyed the show as much as we did. If you are at the race track, I find it hard to believe that it could be to bad.

7)It certainly was warm last night but Chaplain Jackie reminded us all to remember our American soldiers in full combat gear fighting for our freedom. I know sometimes I forget.
Thanks to all of you!!! BTW did you get the presents i left you!!
Kim did a great job, making Christmas in July a great time!!
see ya all next week for Dog Daze of Summer Race!!

3 members like this post: Charles Nungester, FishBurger, Mud Packer
7/24/11, 3:30 PM   #36
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Rudisell View Post
Thanks to all of you!!! BTW did you get the presents i left you!!
Kim did a great job, making Christmas in July a great time!!
see ya all next week for Dog Daze of Summer Race!!
You weren't the first one to leave me a stocking full of coal Dave.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

7/24/11, 3:58 PM   #37
Charles Nungester

Better than the stocking he left for Marv

2 members like this post: FishBurger, Mud Packer
7/24/11, 4:46 PM   #38
Wrenchman

Last night we ran the 27a of Andrew Elson at puttnamville instead of the burg to try somthing different. Didnt have a bad night led some of our heat but the brakes faded away in the closing laps finishing 3rd. We started 8th and finished 10th in the feature.

My personal observations of Putnamville as a crew cheif not a fan are:

Tire wear not much different then the burg. (so give it up they r made of rubber.) When u figure in the mph difference between the 2 tracks that = your tire wear. lburg wide open and fast --- puttnamville park n ride.

Pretty good racing in the heats as the were on 24 cars 3 heats of 8.

Feature wasnt horrible but not the greatest, slick on the bottom big ledge around the top.

Track is still just a few jumps away from being a really good motorcross track.

All in all not a bad night, it was fun to go somewhere different on saturday night. next week we will go run haubstadt.

Not sure if we will go back to puttnamville this year, but we can't say we didnt run there.

3 members like this post: FishBurger, Mud Packer, robert gatten
7/24/11, 5:01 PM   #39
Charles Nungester

Thanks Jim, glad you guys are safe and in one piece.

7/24/11, 5:27 PM   #40
Dave Rudisell
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrenchman View Post
Last night we ran the 27a of Andrew Elson at puttnamville instead of the burg to try somthing different. Didnt have a bad night led some of our heat but the brakes faded away in the closing laps finishing 3rd. We started 8th and finished 10th in the feature.

My personal observations of Putnamville as a crew cheif not a fan are:

Tire wear not much different then the burg. (so give it up they r made of rubber.) When u figure in the mph difference between the 2 tracks that = your tire wear. lburg wide open and fast --- puttnamville park n ride.

Pretty good racing in the heats as the were on 24 cars 3 heats of 8.

Feature wasnt horrible but not the greatest, slick on the bottom big ledge around the top.

Track is still just a few jumps away from being a really good motorcross track.

All in all not a bad night, it was fun to go somewhere different on saturday night. next week we will go run haubstadt.

Not sure if we will go back to puttnamville this year, but we can't say we didnt run there.
We definately missed you guys last night. And the night your not there, tire wear was not and issue, the guys i talked to after the features said thier tires were still like new. Good luck next weekend at Haubstat, and hope to see you guys again soon.
Thanks, Dave

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > what teams can we see at the burg tonight