IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bloomington Speedway is not kid friendly
6/26/11, 3:17 AM   #31
Re: Bloomington Speedway is not kid friendly
cecil98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannypollock24 View Post
Sorry' I didn't catch that Part you are correct 100%!

This part of what I said is right. The Parent is the ONLY person who should decide what they do with their own children NOT any of us! Like I said before I see everyone's point and Thoughts but if the track says kids can come in the pits then so be it!

Now Lets all enjoy our Saturday racing where every each of us decide's to attend!

Danny24
If I own the race track and I don't want any part of a toddler being seriously hurt or killed in MY pits then, "I" will make that decision for those parents!!!! Pushing a baby around the pits in a stroller is insane!! I guarantee you as soon as something happens to that baby in the pits, the parents lawyers will be in contact with the speedway management pronto!!...you can go to the bank on that!!! In this case, I am of the opinion that Bloomington IS "kid friendly" by discouraging parents from taking children into the pits by charging full price. It is the parents who want to expose their baby to those dangers that are NOT kid friendly...
Last edited by cecil98; 6/26/11 at 3:20 AM.

6/26/11, 11:57 AM   #32
SteveD

I like kids, it's those damned little stroller tires that piss me off....tire rule for strollers? You bet.

2 members like this post: bige 44t, racephoto1
6/26/11, 12:15 PM   #33
Need For Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Nunn View Post
Insurance liability. What if something happens to her in the pits? Shes not covered
BS!!

Why sign a waiver then, if it's for INS?

What a scam race tracks have been running for years. Sign a waiver saying you realise the risks, and we are not responsible if you get hurt, but, oh wait, you pay more than the fans in the stands, because the INS for you is more expensive. Total BS!!

Now then, I also grew up in the 'Must be 16 to enter the pits rule'. And yes, I was snuck in a few times, and I lied about my age a few times. But when I was racing...starting at age 5, I was allowed in the pits at the kart tracks........

However, many a night, I sat in the stands with mom until after the races, then I could go down and see dad, and talk to my racing heros, sit in their cars, etc.

I also agree, that pit areas don't need a bunch of 'fans' wandering around. Especially pushing strollers, carrying babies, or whatever.
Last edited by Need For Speed; 6/26/11 at 12:27 PM.

6/26/11, 12:38 PM   #34
chadd8up

well i have been going to sprintcar races for 40 some years now and have raced them for 21 years. and it has always been that way. its no surprise if you read most track websites it will tell u right on the website that the pits is a restricted area and evryone entering the pit will pay full admission.to begin with the pits in my opinion is no place for a 17 month old child anyway. for instance if you read the schedule at paragon website on the bottom of the page it spells this out for you.but this is just my opinion and i guess everyone is entitled to they're own.but it has been this way for all my years of racing and i really don't think they are going to change the rules for one person now.

2 members like this post: fish
6/26/11, 12:45 PM   #35
ISF

The link provided above states that the waiver didn't apply in the Texas case in question. It's like a lotta' other things, if you buy the right lawyer you can get around most anything you put your signature on and when someones kid is involved the parents usually buy the right lawyer, which is understandable but you still need to protect yourself as much as is possible. I say if these track owners and promoters want to expose themselves to the kind of liability that comes with having children in their pits then go right ahead. I surely wouldn't allow it and the parents could get as mad as they want to but that 15, 20 or 30 dollars you get for a child to come into a pit area may cost you your track, your house, your racecar or anything else they can put a lien on. It isn't worth it! It's hard enough to make a living owning and promoting racetracks and races without exposing yourself to unnecessary liability.

4 members like this post: fish, oldtimer, SprintManDave
6/26/11, 2:20 PM   #36
dirtshirt

RACING IS A FAMILY SPORT . Most tracks in USA allow kids .Normally 1/2 price or free up to 12 .With signed waiver . Here is a USAC Champion's wife being drilled for stating her opinon on her family only.
Your being VERY UNFAIR TO HER.
Kids need to be with thier parents .Not at a babysitters........

4 members like this post: Dannypollock24, Haulerin2deep, Pat O'Connor Fan, Stocko23
6/26/11, 2:31 PM   #37
Dannypollock24

Race Count This Year: 22
Race Count Last Year: 30 +

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISF View Post
The link provided above states that the waiver didn't apply in the Texas case in question. It's like a lotta' other things, if you buy the right lawyer you can get around most anything you put your signature on and when someones kid is involved the parents usually buy the right lawyer, which is understandable but you still need to protect yourself as much as is possible. I say if these track owners and promoters want to expose themselves to the kind of liability that comes with having children in their pits then go right ahead. I surely wouldn't allow it and the parents could get as mad as they want to but that 15, 20 or 30 dollars you get for a child to come into a pit area may cost you your track, your house, your racecar or anything else they can put a lien on. It isn't worth it! It's hard enough to make a living owning and promoting racetracks and races without exposing yourself to unnecessary liability.
Different State different waiver! Lawyers help tracks with that the waivers are to protect them from getting sued! Some Lawyers are not as good as others we all know that!
The Tracks now let kids in the pits so take it up with them and quit throwing Her and other Parents under the bus for it.
She has been around racing all her life same as me I use to go to all the tracks after I got injured in my Wheelchair before I got racing again we are aware of the risks and when the cars are coming in the pits we know to move to the side to be safe as can be nothing anywhere is 100% safe not even the Stands, Actually more people get hurt in the stands from Dirt clogs and other debri from the cars! Do you sign a waiver to sit in the stands no! I understand little kids running around is not a good thing and they shouldn't be but a kid that can be carried around or confined to a stroller is a lot different! Yes the Stroller tires are to small and harder to push in the dirt but if your in a hurry pulling it backwards they roll faster and easier if that's needed to be! Just my 2 cents here and I know many that agree just won't speak out because they don't want to hear all your negativity about them!

Danny 24

6/26/11, 2:34 PM   #38
racerdog45

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtshirt View Post
RACING IS A FAMILY SPORT . Most tracks in USA allow kids .Normally 1/2 price or free up to 12 .With signed waiver . Here is a USAC Champion's wife being drilled for stating her opinon on her family only.
Your being VERY UNFAIR TO HER.
Kids need to be with thier parents .Not at a babysitters........
Did you go with your dad to work when you were a kid? Kids are allowed free or at greatly reduced rates into the stands, there is just NO PLACE for little kids in a pit area. It is a very dangerous place. Why for a few hours she can't sit in the stands while her husband does his job is beyond me. If he worked in a factory or office you wouldn't be able to do that. And most dad's have jobs that take them away for up to half a day and the family stays together.... Should be thankful of the fact they get to travel with him to work and watch him work. Don't worry tho, as soon as a kid gets killed the insurance companies will make the choice for you....... Kids don't need to be with a parent if that parent is at work and in a dangerous location....... we're not being unfair to anyone, we're being honest with our thoughts and feelings just like she was.....
Last edited by racerdog45; 6/26/11 at 2:55 PM. Reason: spelling corrections...

3 members like this post: Need For Speed, oldtimer, scooter99
6/26/11, 3:27 PM   #39
ISF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannypollock24 View Post
Different State different waiver! Lawyers help tracks with that the waivers are to protect them from getting sued! Some Lawyers are not as good as others we all know that!
The Tracks now let kids in the pits so take it up with them and quit throwing Her and other Parents under the bus for it.
She has been around racing all her life same as me I use to go to all the tracks after I got injured in my Wheelchair before I got racing again we are aware of the risks and when the cars are coming in the pits we know to move to the side to be safe as can be nothing anywhere is 100% safe not even the Stands, Actually more people get hurt in the stands from Dirt clogs and other debri from the cars! Do you sign a waiver to sit in the stands no! I understand little kids running around is not a good thing and they shouldn't be but a kid that can be carried around or confined to a stroller is a lot different! Yes the Stroller tires are to small and harder to push in the dirt but if your in a hurry pulling it backwards they roll faster and easier if that's needed to be! Just my 2 cents here and I know many that agree just won't speak out because they don't want to hear all your negativity about them!

Danny 24
It's fine with me either way. I'm not going to get sued regardless of what happens in the pits of any given racetrack. I don't own a racetrack and at this time I don't promote any races and I very seldom have time after a race is over to even venture into the pits. If these track owners and promoters want to expose themselves to the degree of liability that comes with young children in their pit are, which by the way, comprises a very small percentage of pit pass sales, then fine by me. I mean no disrespect to any parent, just stating one point of view. There obviously are places that aren't conducive to babies and small children to be present and an active pit area is one of them. After the races are completed and everything has settled down in the pit area is another matter altogether.

2 members like this post: Dannypollock24, GregD
6/26/11, 3:54 PM   #40
badgersx

If your racing for a living thats great, but if your husband worked in an office would you feel obligated to go visit him while he performs his day to day tasks? If this is the family's livelyhood at stake wouldnt the racer/father be able to better perform on track without the distraction of a child in pits? I can understand supporting a loved one in what they do. However if this is veiwed as a job that brings stability to the familys economic foundation then there is zero need for added chaos, and increased risk to a nights work i.e. racing.
IMHO

Greg Miller

3 members like this post: GregD, Need For Speed, oldtimer
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bloomington Speedway is not kid friendly