IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > The best raceceiver
6/6/11, 12:40 PM   #21
Re: The best raceceiver
kdmillerman

get the yellow one out of speedway motors with the holder. you can use a variety of earphones..even from a ipod etc!

6/6/11, 1:25 PM   #22
earsaver

yes, racing radios, racing electronics, speed comm, race comm all make earphones that are similar to that. There is NOTHING wrong with them...but

they use only two length wires 19" or 36", custom lengths are not available. When a repair is needed they are NOT REPAIRABLE. They simply push in pre wired foamies into a custom mold. So to 'repair' them, you need to purchase another pair of foamies because they are connected by a plastic injection molded connector. Everyone has different ear chemistry and different levels of care for their items. This directly affects the length they stay working properly.

They require an ear impression, just like mine. My impression fee for other products is $50-75. So add that amount and the time to get an appointment, to your base price of $139.99 and Im right there is the ballpark price-wise and I think its a heartier product.
Last edited by earsaver; 6/6/11 at 1:28 PM.

6/6/11, 3:43 PM   #23
Dalton Dietrich

Race Count This Year: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by TQ29m View Post
I never was impressed with the Raceceiver's, looked like they coulda spent a bit more time testing them under actual conditions, maybe OK for sitting on your 14 inches of pine, and watching, but in actual use, I wasn't impressed. The old Bearcat Scanner we used, altho a lot of aggrivation, did produce good solid sound, and reception. I haven't tried any of the newer raceceiver's, maybe they've improved, battery life was short, and as a driver, they needed simplified as far as finding the frequency, the early one's the batteries were about done, by the time you scanned to the freq you wanted. Bob
My local track MAKES us wear one...not a bad thing...but you can't hear them, no matter how high quality your earbuds are.[COLOR="Black"]
Last edited by Dalton Dietrich; 6/6/11 at 3:50 PM.

6/6/11, 4:07 PM   #24
TQ29m

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalton Dietrich View Post
My local track MAKES us wear one...not a bad thing...but you can't hear them, no matter how high quality your earbuds are.[COLOR="Black"]
I can understand them requiring you to use a "radio", but can they legally dictate the brand? There are a lot of choices on the market, that will do what they want, for the driver to be able to be in contact with the tower, which is good, we've used the Bearcat for at least 10yrs, maybe more, I still am using my first one, and it was a refurb, plus I do carry a spare, that I bought used, off ebay. Just wondering! Bob

6/6/11, 4:17 PM   #25
Dave Rudisell
Inactive Member

The raceceiver we use is the raceceiver brand, they are very simple, all you do is put the battery in and your ready to go. The AAA battery will last for the season if you take the battery out at the end of the night.
no need to program anything. Put it in your pocket and put your earpieces in and your ready to go, there is a volume adjustment also if its too loud. As far as ear pieces i have seen guys use all types, from the cheap ones that cost under $15 to the custom molded ones.
Dave

8/1/11, 11:31 AM   #26
earsaver

PLEASE dont forget not all earpieces are created equal. You MUST get something that seals with your ear. You MUST protect your hearing and encourage the young racers to not suffer the hearing loss the older racers are finally starting to notice. You CANT USE ipod earbuds, they dont seal with your ear, you turn the volume straight up to full on and now everytiime someone talks you get 110-115dB in the ear canal and no protection from outside sound.

Yes I know I sell custom earpieces but Im also an audiologist and it is SO important to want to teach the younger racers who will have to deal with two way radio communication FOR EVER if they work in racing, to protect their hearing every chance they get.

The benefit of custom is simple, it FITS YOUR EAR!!, it goes in the same way every time, there is a constant seal, allowing the user to reduce the volume level. This happens because the canal portion of the earpiece goes deep enough into the ear to create a stable seal. it stays in place, volume levels are lower, less stress and disorientation from the abundance of noise that occurs at race tracks.

Im here to help. Purchase is NOT required....

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > The best raceceiver