IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > The best raceceiver
2/26/11, 1:25 AM   #1
The best raceceiver
Johnjohnsonjr

Looking for info. What is the best raceceiver for sprintcar's.
Posted via Mobile Device

2/26/11, 11:53 PM   #2
Re: The best raceceiver
Sandy Lowe

I believe the Raceceiver's are all the same. You need to make sure you get a good set of earpieces.
I've read where Fuze is supposed to be a really good earphone. http://www.earfuze.com/store.html

Any drivers out there want to chime in on what works best for them?

2/27/11, 11:10 AM   #3
treecitytornado

All the raceceivers are the same,but some are trying to make more off of them than others. Dawn Flinn at EarEverything has the best custom ear pieces on the market hands down! Don't wear a raceceiver without contacting her first. Go to www.Eareverything.com.
Posted via Mobile Device

2/27/11, 11:29 AM   #4
apexonephoto

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 35

The basic $99 yellow raceceiver is what most racers would need. But like treecitytornado and Sandy pointed out, the earpiece can make a huge difference. I have the racing electronics ultra soft fitted earmolds. They are excellent. They are expensive and you need an audiologist to make the molds for your ears. They don't fall out, you hear what you need to and they are comfortable. I spent my childhood at racetracks, my teenage years at concerts and I have worked in automotive production facilites for 16 years. Now I usually hit 40-50 races a years and can't tolerate being around racecar anymore with hearing protection.

2/27/11, 11:59 AM   #5
TQ29m

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy Lowe View Post
I believe the Raceceiver's are all the same. You need to make sure you get a good set of earpieces.
I've read where Fuze is supposed to be a really good earphone. http://www.earfuze.com/store.html

Any drivers out there want to chime in on what works best for them?
I never was impressed with the Raceceiver's, looked like they coulda spent a bit more time testing them under actual conditions, maybe OK for sitting on your 14 inches of pine, and watching, but in actual use, I wasn't impressed. The old Bearcat Scanner we used, altho a lot of aggrivation, did produce good solid sound, and reception. I haven't tried any of the newer raceceiver's, maybe they've improved, battery life was short, and as a driver, they needed simplified as far as finding the frequency, the early one's the batteries were about done, by the time you scanned to the freq you wanted. Bob
Last edited by TQ29m; 2/27/11 at 12:01 PM.

2/27/11, 12:26 PM   #6
apexonephoto

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by TQ29m View Post
I never was impressed with the Raceceiver's, looked like they coulda spent a bit more time testing them under actual conditions, maybe OK for sitting on your 14 inches of pine, and watching, but in actual use, I wasn't impressed. The old Bearcat Scanner we used, altho a lot of aggrivation, did produce good solid sound, and reception. I haven't tried any of the newer raceceiver's, maybe they've improved, battery life was short, and as a driver, they needed simplified as far as finding the frequency, the early one's the batteries were about done, by the time you scanned to the freq you wanted. Bob
I use a bearcat for just listening. I do notice that racers always seem to be changing those triple A's in the raceceivers every time they get out of the car!

2/27/11, 5:28 PM   #7
TQ29m

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexonephoto View Post
I use a bearcat for just listening. I do notice that racers always seem to be changing those triple A's in the raceceivers every time they get out of the car!
I don't remember the model, but it is a 25 channel, programmable, but you can put in the channel, and lock it, for the driver, he only needs one anyway, and turn it on. I use the stubby ant on mine, and if we don't forget, one set of blue top batteries will last all season, yes , you do have to mount it to the car, but it's cheap, and it works, a freq is a freq, I don't understand the reason to spec a damn receiver! Bob

2/27/11, 6:26 PM   #8
koolaid89

Racing Electronics makes a RaceCiever equivalent that I'm told is MUCH better. Quality ear buds are also a must. http://www.racingelectronics.net/ind...item=RE-SOLO-2

2/27/11, 6:29 PM   #9
Quantrill

I have to buy something this coming season if someone can come up with different options or model numbers for these bearcat scanners I would like to do some research on them.

Thanks,

2/27/11, 6:50 PM   #10
Isaac Chapple Racing

It seems like I'm changing the battery in my Raceceiver all the time. Also every time you change the battery you lose your channel, and it takes forever to scan back to the right channel. And I would not suggest using the ear buds that come with the Raceceiver.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > The best raceceiver