IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Severe Weather
5/22/11, 10:22 PM   #1
Severe Weather
IndyBound

Tornado has wiped out a large portion of Joplin, Mo. earlier today, the weather channel is reporting many people injuried as well as lives lost. St. John Regional Hospital has been heavily damaged.

I often stay over night in Joplin when I am traveling cross country, they are describing this tornado as being at least a mile wide and miles long. My thoughts and prayers are with the many families in Joplin effected by this tornado.

The severe wether extends from the Dallas, Tx. area all the way to Chicago, Il. and moving east. Just a heads up to all of our IOW family to stay safe tonight.

Patti

3 members like this post: jim goerge, Midwest Connection, Mud Packer
5/23/11, 1:16 AM   #2
Re: Severe Weather
dirtnonwingfan

Race Count This Year: 6

I stay in Joplin when I am headed to the fall Southwest/California swing. Looks like we might get some really bad news when it gets light tomorrow morning. It looks like Joplin needs all the prayers we can send that way.

5/23/11, 3:03 AM   #3
Hawker

Keep Chili Bowl announcer Mike "Lizard" Sweeton and his family in your thoughts and prayers. He lives in Joplin, there have been attempts to contact him by members of another message forum, but most of the communication towers and systems are down.

5/23/11, 6:11 AM   #4
IndyBound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker View Post
Keep Chili Bowl announcer Mike "Lizard" Sweeton and his family in your thoughts and prayers. He lives in Joplin, there have been attempts to contact him by members of another message forum, but most of the communication towers and systems are down.
Will certainly keep Mike Sweeton and his family in my prayers along with everyone else in the Joplin area. More tornadoes are in the forecast for days, everyone pay attenetion to the weather around you.
Tornadoes are forecast all the way into the Great Lakes area today, Nashville, Tn., Ohio and Pa. could all see tornadoes today.

Patti

---------- Post added at 06:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 AM ----------

At 6:40 A. M. eastern time death toll was just reported as 89 people confirmed dead in Joplin, Mo., and fear that number will climb into the triple digits. Continued prayers are headed Joplin, Mo.'s way from me.

Patti

5/23/11, 7:14 AM   #5
terrehautian

Rolled through here in Nashville, TN around 3:30am, I know as I was awake and I am normally a deep sleeper and I didn't sleep well last night. Just a Thunderstorm warning here though.

5/23/11, 7:51 AM   #6
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Send help if you can. Just like Tuscaloosa. They hit major citys and them four or five deaths a few houses becomes hundreds and thousands.
Chuck, Bright Indiana/Harrison OH Tornado survivor

Last edited by Charles Nungester; 5/23/11 at 7:58 AM.

5/23/11, 8:07 AM   #7
Dave Rudisell
Inactive Member

Unbelievable!!! Prayers go out to everyone affected!!

---------- Post added at 08:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 AM ----------

To make things worse, they are about to get hit again!! what a shame!!

5/23/11, 8:30 AM   #8
Seadog

Jamie McMurray is from Joplin. Prayers go out to him, his family and all the residents of Joplin.

5/23/11, 1:51 PM   #9
usa1bowtie

I just got a text from Sweeton, he said his family is all ok,He wants to thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers. He also said Joplin is destroyed and to please keep praying.

3 members like this post: Charles Nungester, Hawker, IndyBound
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Severe Weather