IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Putnamville a Winner
5/15/11, 8:05 AM   #1
Putnamville a Winner
kdmillerman

Going to LPS for the first time since our team switched to nonwing this year and having the weather change our plans it was a great experience! We heard and saw the issues before about the track..I think that most of the other 30 sprinters that wanted to race...were willing to take a chance and were pleased. It was fast,smooth,2 and 3 abreast racing and clean,hard driving. For all the negative comments in the recent past..here's a positive one..we will be back! Congrats to Spiker and his staff on a job well done..and also to the fans who braved the elements that wanted to see Racin! The A main was what they pay for. Good show guys! Kevin Miller(HDMS) 24m
Last edited by kdmillerman; 5/15/11 at 8:46 AM.

5 members like this post: bighd0522, Great Scott, jonsett, outlaw13, Tim Watson
5/15/11, 8:30 AM   #2
Re: Putnamville a Winner
Pushtruck

No question about it. Putnamville is back. Joe & Jill Spiker have stepped up to the plate in a very big way. The track was awesome, the program kept moving without delay despite the constant drizzle and the racers were having as much fun racing as the fans were watching. Anyone who didn't make the trip to Putnamville missed a great show.

5/15/11, 9:49 AM   #3
Great Scott

Race Count This Year: 48
Race Count Last Year: 63

The track surface + the racing last night = WOW!

5/15/11, 10:03 AM   #4
Tim Watson

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdmillerman View Post
Going to LPS for the first time since our team switched to nonwing this year and having the weather change our plans it was a great experience! We heard and saw the issues before about the track..I think that most of the other 30 sprinters that wanted to race...were willing to take a chance and were pleased. It was fast,smooth,2 and 3 abreast racing and clean,hard driving. For all the negative comments in the recent past..here's a positive one..we will be back! Congrats to Spiker and his staff on a job well done..and also to the fans who braved the elements that wanted to see Racin! The A main was what they pay for. Good show guys! Kevin Miller(HDMS) 24m
Good luck to the team going "topless" this year and i'll be checking the results weekly to see how (HDMS) is doing. Sure wish i could migrate from cheeseland like you did. :2:

5/15/11, 10:44 AM   #5
axsom#11

was a great track for the conditions , Standing in the rain for 4 hours was ok with me , I enjoyed the racing and the track was the best I've seen it in years. Mist made for a great feature, FAST !!! and smooth .

5/15/11, 10:54 AM   #6
terrehautian

I think the next time I have a free Saturday is sometime in June, can't wait to get back and watch the races from the hill.

5/15/11, 11:19 AM   #7
hoosier

I know from first hand experience how much Spiker's and their crew worked on the track night after night after night.. I was there..even when the track conditions were bad it wasn't from lack of effort on their part. Joe would be so frustrated because of fans, car owners and drivers were upset with his facility. Thousands and Thousands of dollars have been put in that track in an effort to make it the best that the Spikers can make it. Ive saw Joe, employee's and volunteer's walking the track with 5 gallon buckets picking up rocks and many, many nights they would be there until early hours in the morning in an effort to do whatever they could to make a better racing surface. Spikers have made the commitment to be in this for the long haul, people should take notice not only of the track surface but the other improvements of LPS. People are always going to have a gripe, in this world not everyone is happy all the time. Let's support them and show them how much we appreciate their effort in having a great place to go watch a race on a Saturday Night.
Thank's Joe and Jill and LPS Staff great job..

Crystal Pottorff

5 members like this post: bighd0522, bigq11, cope42, erich45, SHORTBUS
5/15/11, 11:22 AM   #8
LPS Insider

Thanks for all the positive comments.
A lot of late nights were spent at the track in the last couple of weeks by a lot of people.
Looks like it worked.
Congrats Joe.

3 members like this post: agar, cope42, SHORTBUS
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Putnamville a Winner