IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Not racing... but still worth a read
12/25/07, 6:27 PM   #11
Re: Not racing... but still worth a read
FOR4

I feel a little different than Throttlehead.....I think my x-wife made the MISTAKE..:eek:

12/25/07, 7:26 PM   #12
ThrottleHead

I'd like to thank everyone for the kind words. Chaplain Jackie, I WILL look you up when I go to Lawrenceburg. Truly inspirational post from you and deeply appreciated.

I really o look forward to meeting people from IOW at the tracks. Everyone I have met has been great folks and I look forward to meeting many more in 2008!

12/25/07, 7:43 PM   #13
suziekh

Throttlehead....No one knows what you are going through like someone else that has gone through the pain. I, too, found a stronger faith after a divorce. The Lord has gotten me through lots of pain and during my divorce I joined a Divorce Recovery Group through my church. It was the best thing I have ever done, and believe me it is what made me realize that you can only change yourself, not the other person. I have gone on with my life and am a very successful, happy single lady. It doesn't seem like it at the time, but life can be even better.

12/25/07, 11:35 PM   #14
ThrottleHead

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziekh View Post
Throttlehead....The Lord has gotten me through lots of pain and during my divorce I joined a Divorce Recovery Group
This sounds interesting. I wonder if they have something like this in Columbus. I don't believe the one I go to does.

12/26/07, 4:39 PM   #15
suziekh

I bet they have one in Columbus if you just look around. It is the best thing that ever happened to me and it made a difference in the rest of my life. The one I went to was in Greenwood and it isn't that far from Columbus, if you don't find one there.

12/26/07, 5:11 PM   #16
Flatrightrear

Don,
I'm sorry for the situation you find yourself in but pray that God will see you through it. That support group idea sounds like a good one. I've been in those before and more than anything else they make you realize that you are not alone in your despair and that hope does exist for a better future. Chin up, Throttlehead. You've reached the bottom but since you have a new relationship with God build on that and let Him help you to a new and better life. Prayer is key. He will always listen to you because He loves you and your family and wants all of you to be happy.
Tom

12/27/07, 3:49 AM   #17
ThrottleHead

You know, one thing never ceases to amaze me about this board. We have people who have made quite a history of confrontation on here. Some of these same people have sent pm's to me offering words of encouragement and support. Even though there is much to agree to disagree on here, the people of this board are truly spectacular. Each and every one of you. I wish I could shake all of your hands and thank you in person for just being here, posting on this board, and to the specific ones who have sent me pm's.

Every pm I get I have one common response to them.....

:crying:

Why? Knowing people are truly caring afterall.

Opinions differ. Sometimes they are heated. But the people behind them are good as gold.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

12/27/07, 8:37 AM   #18
Al Soran

I have been accused at times of being insensitive. There could be some truth to that, but I don't care (insensitive,...me?) And I am uncomfortable with situations like yours. I'm not good with this stuff. But, I was thinking of you last night as I read this book to my sons at bedtime. The entire version can be read here:

http://members.tripod.com/~TechBabe/places.html

Best of luck to you.

Oh, the Places You'll Go!

Congratulations!
Today is your day.
You're off to Great Places!
You're off and away!

You have brains in your head.
You have feet in your shoes
You can steer yourself
any direction you choose.
You're on your own. And you know what you know.
And YOU are the guy who'll decide where to go.

You'll get mixed up, of course,
as you already know.
You'll get mixed up
with many strange birds as you go.
So be sure when you step.
Step with care and great tact
and remember that Life's
a Great Balancing Act.
Just never forget to be dexterous and deft.
And never mix up your right foot with your left.

And will you succeed?
Yes! You will, indeed!
(98 and 3 / 4 percent guaranteed.)

KID, YOU'LL MOVE MOUNTAINS!

So...
be your name Buxbaum or Bixby or Bray
or Mordecai Ali Van Allen O'Shea,
you're off to Great Places!
Today is your day!
Your mountain is waiting.
So...get on your way!

---Dr. Seuss

12/27/07, 1:46 PM   #19
FOR4

It's called family.... Thottlehead pull back on the stick (airplane talk)

12/27/07, 9:02 PM   #20
FOR4

Flaps up ... gear in ....hit the burner...throttlehead do not wrorry.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Not racing... but still worth a read