IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > The best raceceiver
2/27/11, 7:17 PM   #11
Re: The best raceceiver
TQ29m

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolaid89 View Post
Racing Electronics makes a RaceCiever equivalent that I'm told is MUCH better. Quality ear buds are also a must. http://www.racingelectronics.net/ind...item=RE-SOLO-2
While you're there, ck out the BC72, but you can find them on Ebay also. Bob

2/27/11, 7:50 PM   #12
koolaid89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac Chapple Racing View Post
It seems like I'm changing the battery in my Raceceiver all the time. Also every time you change the battery you lose your channel, and it takes forever to scan back to the right channel. And I would not suggest using the ear buds that come with the Raceceiver.
A battery should last you a night... You may be able to to get two nights out of it if your sure to remove it from the scanner after the feature. Most tracks up here give you a AAA battery when you sign in for your pit pass...

2/27/11, 8:01 PM   #13
Isaac Chapple Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolaid89 View Post
A battery should last you a night... You may be able to to get two nights out of it if your sure to remove it from the scanner after the feature. Most tracks up here give you a AAA battery when you sign in for your pit pass...
Yeah, I replace my battery once a night. I usually don't remove it after a feature.. It's no big deal to buy some AAA's though..

2/27/11, 8:41 PM   #14
TQ29m

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac Chapple Racing View Post
Yeah, I replace my battery once a night. I usually don't remove it after a feature.. It's no big deal to buy some AAA's though..
The Bearcat we use is a BC60XLT, it is a 30 ch, 10 band, scans 30 channels, there is a new one on Ebay right now, for under 60.00. Bob

1 member likes this post: Isaac Chapple Racing
3/1/11, 2:22 PM   #15
Longhaul Racer

So the majority of folks don't seem to be concerned over a particular problem or issue with any of the brands and I understand the ear pieces maybe the primary worry. Most of the short tracks in the midwest are going to these and several folks will be buying them if they don't have them already. Thanks everyone for the input. Any other comments from drivers would be great.

3/1/11, 3:03 PM   #16
TQ29m

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhaul Racer View Post
So the majority of folks don't seem to be concerned over a particular problem or issue with any of the brands and I understand the ear pieces maybe the primary worry. Most of the short tracks in the midwest are going to these and several folks will be buying them if they don't have them already. Thanks everyone for the input. Any other comments from drivers would be great.
Oh Contraire, I think from what I've seen here, there is concern, but most folks just do as they're told, if it don't work, and you can't hear, just watch everyone else, when they throw up their hand, wait a second, and throw up your hand, hell, no one will know you CAN'T hear, you just spent money on something that may, or may not, be what you need, but by golly you bought what they told you to, and you got your free battery, so go thru the motions! I put the one I bought, back on Ebay, and got my money back, and went back to my Bearcat. They make a small speaker, that you can either hang over your ear, or pull out the thick padding in the ear pocket in your helmet, and double sticky a thinner piece to the speaker, and it's just like sitting at a drive-in theater, and yes, the're still around, one at Osgood if you wanna show the kids something that isn't electronic, and they can't control. My experience, not good, we did have some problems with the first Bearcats, they were refurbs, and some did, and some didn't, that's been 10 years or so ago, and my original still works. Bob
Last edited by TQ29m; 3/1/11 at 3:05 PM.

3/1/11, 5:25 PM   #17
Fontana180

I have a bearcat BC 60XLT-1 the batteries last and you also can put in recharge batts to recarge them when needed. I have used the same batteries for two years back east. I am trying to put a car together for Ventura and hope to be able to use it there rather than buying a raceciever. I have had both and like the bearcat better. I acually sold my raceciever a few years ago to someone else. All that is needed is the freuq.

3/1/11, 7:52 PM   #18
TQ29m

And, for a mount to afix it to the chassis, you can take an old tennis shoe, or a shower thong, like I see lots of in church, and Gorrilla glue it to the cockpit or wherever, and slide it down in there, and lace it up! Some of us were lucky enough to find a little pouch, at a surplus store, that it slides into, like it was made for it, even has a strap, and a real live snap button, to keep it in the case. No velcro needed! Bob

6/6/11, 10:01 AM   #19
earsaver

Hello all! I know Ive been quiet here for a while, I was getting Indycar and ALMS guys going for the first part of the year.

I am a lic and certified audiologist, I have built my business around the needs of people involved in motorsports and music. I have found that a ton of folks out there are having a hard time with the race ceiver earbuds or finding a good option so that you can hear the radio communications.

Here is the secret...getting to the second bend of the ear canal to offer ISOLATION. With ISOLATION, you(r) (child) doesnt need to turn UP the earbuds OVER the outside noise leaking around the earphones. THEREFORE by creating this seal with their earcanal, they can listen comfortably at lower volume levels. Listening aat lower volumes will extend SAFER listening times.

Just because we tape ipod earbuds to the kids head, doesnt mean we are creating a seal with their ear canal seperating the sound on the outside from the sound on the inside. So we are still inclined to turn the volume of the race ceiver up to max. generic earphones can produce up to 110-115 dB IN YOUR (KIDS) EARS. We are going to make them hard of hearing faster! At 110-115dB you start doing damage to your ears within 40 minutes...track days are never 40 minutes only.

My service is EDUCATION as well. Most of the racers come from farming families, families in Industry, families that go hunting, families that work with power tools to work on their own cars...THESE ARE ALL NOISE SOURCES....we need to educate this generation of racers about the dangers of the high volume environments thats are spending time in.

We buy proper helmets, and proper fire suits, and proper gloves...THIS IS A PIECE OF RACING SAFETY EQUIPMENT. We need to treat it this way to change the culture and show these young racers hearing loss does NOT have to be a byproduct of enjoying this sport.

OK, (stepping down off the soap box) so that is what I do. I make a beautiful earset for drivers. It is made of soft silicone, it is REPAIRABLE, it is durable with extra strain relief, has a great speaker, and can be made with any length wires. I will help the earset grow as your child grows and NOT expect you to re purchase. there is a warranty on these earphones.

these earphones are worn by Brian Vickers, Kasey Kahne, Mark Martin, Scott Sharp, David Brabham, Scott Dixon, and so many more....

My website (building a better one currently) is www.earEVERYTHING.com

my email is dawn@earEVERYTHING.com
my phone is 317-514-9584

---------- Post added at 10:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 AM ----------

BTW, the help I need from you guys, if you like what I have to say, is some guidance about which tracks would like me to come there and take free ear impressions and show you guys this better earset.

US24 and Miami County speedway Mini Indy QMA, Columbus QMA have invited me to come around and walk the paddock speaking to the racers. I offer ear impressions at NO CHARGE NO OBLIGATION. I need to get the impression to potentially make the product. Any help is always appreciated!

1 member likes this post: Wayne Davis
6/6/11, 12:19 PM   #20
j_vennard54

Here are what I use, have had them since 2000, still work great and hear everything just peachy.. without a lot of background noise from the engine etc, similar to wearing ear plugs.. which also help filter the noise and make the important stuff more clear -- cars around you, your engine/driveline, etc..

http://www.racingelectronics.net/ind...molds&item=RE3

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > The best raceceiver