IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > New tracks in phoenix!
11/30/10, 1:30 AM   #41
Re: New tracks in phoenix!
TMan

You're right Casey, the plan being shown around for the Mesa site is spectacular. I should know, it's my plan. I'm sorry, I just have to set the record straight. I'm tired of the bull this "guy" showing these plans around and saying they are his plans. This is the same "guy" who forced the split up of what was the original group that formed to build a new track after Manzy closed. It is because of him there is now two groups working on the same thing. Originally, it was two of Manzy's last management team members, at the time the track was sold, who agreed to attempt to put together the pieces to build a new track. They had vision and desire to keep racing alive in Phoenix. They INVITED this "guy", the third person into the group and now he is going around telling everyone that all those ideas are and were from the beginning, his. I'd love to take him to the architect that actually produced the drawings he has, as well as the three dimensional computer generated design we have and have them say who's idea it is they used to produce the conceptual drawings. It ended being a total of 7 people who were brought together. After I first left, two others left the next week then the balance of them left within a few more weeks, leaving this one "guy" all by himself. Everyone left citing the same exact reason. (I'll refrain from saying). Bottom line, I have the same drawings he has, plus the original ones I produced that the architects used to make the final drawings. How would I have those if they're his ideas? In fact, they're still on my computer from when I first starting drawing them. It doesn't matter, those are old news, in fact almost two year old news. They're not even worth referring to any longer. The plans have changed dozens of times and are far better and more realistic to what can actually be built.

With regard to the landfill being a bad place or the area being a bad place to build a track, I beg to differ. Besides, a fence and good lighting would be great additions Manzy didn't have. And, if we get the backing of the City behind us, trust me when I tell you, there's nothing better to have a City the size of Phoenix blessing and backing the concept. Besides, there is even a new parcel on the table, several hunderds of acres of a parcel and not on a land fill. Trust me on this one also, if we get it and do what is being discussed, it will be one of the nicest racing facilities in the world!

Anyway, I just couldn't hold back any longer. I really don't want to get into a pissing match, especially with this "guy". It's just not worth it. I hope either one can build a track or even the folks working to get the ET track up and running. We need it here. And, with some stroke of luck the "guy" can pull together the financing or the guys at ET can pull off what they're trying, great for race fans and drivers in Phoenix, that's what's important here. But, that won't stop us from moving forward with a second track, especially with what we have planned. There will just have to be room for the two, or even, three of us. We won't give up, won't stop and won't take no for an answer. We've been working on this since the day Manzy closed and won't quit until there just isn't any opportunities left.

Sorry for venting, I just had to get the record straight. There's about 10 others that can back this up. Now let's just get busy and get a track built and go racing!
Last edited by TMan; 12/1/10 at 9:03 PM. Reason: just a little more detailed

4 members like this post: AustinSprinter, ColoradoFan, jerrydt, Kansasdirtfan
12/26/10, 5:55 PM   #42
MMGofAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMan View Post
You're right Casey, the plan being shown around for the Mesa site is spectacular. I should know, it's my plan. I'm sorry, I just have to set the record straight. I'm tired of the bull this "guy" showing these plans around and saying they are his plans. This is the same "guy" who forced the split up of what was the original group that formed to build a new track after Manzy closed. It is because of him there is now two groups working on the same thing. Originally, it was two of Manzy's last management team members, at the time the track was sold, who agreed to attempt to put together the pieces to build a new track. They had vision and desire to keep racing alive in Phoenix. They INVITED this "guy", the third person into the group and now he is going around telling everyone that all those ideas are and were from the beginning, his. I'd love to take him to the architect that actually produced the drawings he has, as well as the three dimensional computer generated design we have and have them say who's idea it is they used to produce the conceptual drawings. It ended being a total of 7 people who were brought together. After I first left, two others left the next week then the balance of them left within a few more weeks, leaving this one "guy" all by himself. Everyone left citing the same exact reason. (I'll refrain from saying). Bottom line, I have the same drawings he has, plus the original ones I produced that the architects used to make the final drawings. How would I have those if they're his ideas? In fact, they're still on my computer from when I first starting drawing them. It doesn't matter, those are old news, in fact almost two year old news. They're not even worth referring to any longer. The plans have changed dozens of times and are far better and more realistic to what can actually be built.

With regard to the landfill being a bad place or the area being a bad place to build a track, I beg to differ. Besides, a fence and good lighting would be great additions Manzy didn't have. And, if we get the backing of the City behind us, trust me when I tell you, there's nothing better to have a City the size of Phoenix blessing and backing the concept. Besides, there is even a new parcel on the table, several hunderds of acres of a parcel and not on a land fill. Trust me on this one also, if we get it and do what is being discussed, it will be one of the nicest racing facilities in the world!

Anyway, I just couldn't hold back any longer. I really don't want to get into a pissing match, especially with this "guy". It's just not worth it. I hope either one can build a track or even the folks working to get the ET track up and running. We need it here. And, with some stroke of luck the "guy" can pull together the financing or the guys at ET can pull off what they're trying, great for race fans and drivers in Phoenix, that's what's important here. But, that won't stop us from moving forward with a second track, especially with what we have planned. There will just have to be room for the two, or even, three of us. We won't give up, won't stop and won't take no for an answer. We've been working on this since the day Manzy closed and won't quit until there just isn't any opportunities left.

Sorry for venting, I just had to get the record straight. There's about 10 others that can back this up. Now let's just get busy and get a track built and go racing!
Anyone that has ever been in business with partners understands an (Operating Agreement and/or lack of having one). When partners don't fullfill or chose to walk away doesn't make them right. The things that cause developments to fail and or take years instead of months are just like what is being done and Quoted above. Back stabbing others to try to make themselves look as if there in the right. This isn't the way to get support or to build a Race Track.

Readers will find out the truth and see the results of hard work and dedication from what ever group or groups are able to build a New Facility in the Phoenix Valley. I do know that their are files of electronic and e-mail documents from: NDA's, hand drawings, Autocad (Architectural and Engineering files), letters and meeting minutes that will show anyone the facts and truth of the progress and challenges. They are all dated electronically as well as on paper.

Getting any development from a napkin to an actual dementionallized Engineered drawing takes knowledge, time, and lots of work. That is only the 1st step in hundreds of steps and processes to go thru to get a development ready to break ground.

Many things are in the works and Phoenix does need a New Racing Facility. Be patiant and be ready to go racing soon. Announcements will come soon and Plans will be unvailed for everyone to see.

12/27/10, 12:16 AM   #43
sc96

Having been involved with the building of a facility I can tell you this much dont overreach your finances and build it in stages I am 100% sure ovalmeister will agree we have been down this road. So best of luck to you guys I hope you get it done.

1 member likes this post: MMGofAZ
12/27/10, 12:30 AM   #44
MMGofAZ

Yes! At least 2 phases most likely 3 Phases to complete the Development. I truly believe that this is what Short Track Racing needs to grow and become stronger for today and generations of tomorrow. It's not easy or everyone would have one. It will all be worth it in the end!!

1 member likes this post: AustinSprinter
12/27/10, 10:12 AM   #45
Ovalmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc96 View Post
Having been involved with the building of a facility I can tell you this much dont overreach your finances and build it in stages I am 100% sure ovalmeister will agree we have been down this road. So best of luck to you guys I hope you get it done.

Amen to that brother!
David.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > New tracks in phoenix!