IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > mscs rules
9/23/10, 9:38 PM   #41
Re: mscs rules
Jake

Quote:
Originally Posted by axsom#11 View Post
And Jon didn't start out with a Sh-- load of CASH behind him in a $350.000.00 dollar rig and unlimited cars and parts. Wonder if Blake could do it on limited funds . Ha there a new one for the message board to start a thread on, we should start a pole on it . and see what people think of that. Not trying to run Blake down , just wondering how it would play out.
You, sir, have no clue of what you are talking about. $350,000.00 rig huh? They/We use a 40' trailer that we don't even own, the same trailer used when Blake, Braylon and his sister have used since they ran quarter midgets! And, I'd bet John would give you a helluva deal on their truck right now.

Anyways, I don't know how this thread got twisted into comparing Stanbrough and Fitz and I cant comment on that as I never saw Jon race in his younger days, however I do know that it would be like comparing apples to oranges to compare them now as Jon was having 20+ win seasons when Blake was still running quarter midgets.

Jake

2 members like this post: JEFFSTOY, jim goerge
9/23/10, 10:27 PM   #42
jfitz

Quote:
. And Jon didn't start out with a Sh-- load of CASH behind him in a $350.000.00 dollar rig and unlimited cars and parts. Wonder if Blake could do it on limited funds . Ha there a new one for the message board to start a thread on, we should start a pole on it . and see what people think of that. Not trying to run Blake down , just wondering how it would play out.
Just want to thank everyone for the comments on Blake's improvement this season. Just the fact that his name is mentioned in comparison to Stanbrough is a quite a compliment. Jon, Brad, and Steve have all been helpful to Blake at times. They have been interviewed by Joe Buckles our racing sports writer for the local paper and they've had nothing but good things to say about Blake. When we were having some problems a couple of races ago at Haubstadt, they came right over to our pits to work on Blake's car and get him going. They're good guys and would help anyone.

There is no doubt Blakes car control has improved. The biggest reason
for this without a doubt has been the help of Bubby Jones. He is truly a big factor in Blakes improvement. Him and Jake Argo working with Blake is proving to be a good combination.

We just want to show up and race, do the best we can, and go on to the next one like everyone else. There is a long list of drivers who can win on any given night.

Also want to let Axsom#11 know that Blake did'nt start out with a s--t load of cash either. If your implying that we have a $350,000.00 rig
with unlimited cars and parts you either have'nt been by our pits or you have us confused with someone else. You don't have to wonder if Blake could get it done on limited funds because he has got it done on limited funds. He has one car, one engine. We have been lucky this year with the help of Dave Conn not to have engine issues. If we did we would be sitting out races waiting for it to get fixed, no spare engine to throw in. Don't you think if we had a s---t load of money he would be running midgets, silver crown and the usac series like others that do.

Again thanks to everyone who has been posting on this. It's great to have good fans.
Last edited by jfitz; 9/23/10 at 11:02 PM.

9/23/10, 11:10 PM   #43
Rpracing1

Quote:
thanks race fan20 , were only comparing jon and blake now , and jon is by far the best , blake will make a great driver . In a couple of years he will be winning a lot of races . And yes jon has trashed a few cars in his life time and has a few more to trash . Jon and his experence shines when a yellow or red comes out and he's running lets say 5th or maybe 8th . Next thing you know jon has the lead and running off with the money!!! Give him a little time to adjust the shocks and weight jacker and watch out he's gone. It's like he just turns it up a couple of levels and runs off and leaves them in his dust. There's the #53 in the early part of the race and a different #53 late in the race . That is experence 20 years of it behind the wheel . Blake is going to be a great driver some day . And jon didn't start out with a sh-- load of cash behind him in a $350.000.00 dollar rig and unlimited cars and parts. Wonder if blake could do it on limited funds . Ha there a new one for the message board to start a thread on, we should start a pole on it . And see what people think of that. Not trying to run blake down , just wondering how it would play out.

.................................. .............

9/24/10, 3:43 PM   #44
jim goerge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtfan View Post
Who is this unnamed individual
I haven't any idea but he says he won't run MSCS. Guess he don't like racing for a bunch of cash

---------- Post added at 02:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 PM ----------

I thought this post was about MSCS rules not about Jon and Blake. I enjoy sitting back and watching those two run like the wind. Like Mud Packer asked Why is everything turning in to a pissing contest? Its

9/24/10, 4:13 PM   #45
USAC Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim goerge View Post
I haven't any idea but he says he won't run MSCS. Guess he don't like racing for a bunch of cash

---------- Post added at 02:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 PM ----------

I thought this post was about MSCS rules not about Jon and Blake. I enjoy sitting back and watching those two run like the wind. Like Mud Packer asked Why is everything turning in to a pissing contest? Its
I didn't realize how I run my race team was public affairs.

9/24/10, 4:41 PM   #46
racerdog45

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAC Fan View Post
I didn't realize how I run my race team was public affairs.
what race team? since you NEVER have stated who you are, I think most of us believe you have no race team and most of what you say can't be taken seriously, either MAN up or quit saying things you can't/won't stand behind with YOUR NAME
Last edited by racerdog45; 9/24/10 at 4:42 PM. Reason: spelling

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
9/24/10, 5:11 PM   #47
axsom#11

Ha Blake didn't mean to get people stirred up about your racing , your a good racer as I said in my thread . And bubba is the man at sitting a car up , I know Bubba Jones , he turned wrenches for Darren Clayton for the first year or two , when Darren was kicken butt. Hope too see Blake win lots of races in the furture. I all ways sit back and read stuff on here . Don't want to get any one honked off on here , time will only tell , will he be great in sprints or move up and drive a box on wheels . We need a few young drivers to stay around and carry on the tradition of sprint car racing , like Stanbrough has , good luck and get a good finish in tonight at bloomington speedway . Hope to see ya run good
Last edited by axsom#11; 9/24/10 at 5:14 PM.

9/24/10, 5:57 PM   #48
USAC Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerdog45 View Post
what race team? since you NEVER have stated who you are, I think most of us believe you have no race team and most of what you say can't be taken seriously, either MAN up or quit saying things you can't/won't stand behind with YOUR NAME
Oh well.

You think I take a bunch of fans, who spend 15 bucks a weekend and have never wrote a check for a race car in their life, seriously?

1 member likes this post: Motormasher
9/24/10, 6:23 PM   #49
mortboyz

You sound alot like Don Moore, but your "USAC Fan" name says otherwise...

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
9/24/10, 6:28 PM   #50
racerdog45

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortboyz View Post
You sound alot like Don Moore, but your "USAC Fan" name says otherwise...
don't agree with much of what he says/does but at least Don Moore is MAN enough to put his name to everything he says...... unlike usacfanny

2 members like this post: Dirtfan, jim goerge
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > mscs rules