IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > mscs rules
9/22/10, 1:08 PM   #21
Re: mscs rules
axsom#11

with the #10 and the #53 on laps turned and features won and crashes , the #53 is hand down the man to beat , I saw Blake trash 2 or 3 cars at the mscs shows a month or so ago while leading the race by half a lap or more , no one but blake caused him to wreck . He is a hell of a driver , but not in the same league as #53 Stanbrough . My money would be on Jon not Blake even if #53 started on the tail and #10 on the pole . and I would still put a Ben Franklin on Jon to win , any day .And at Bloomington Speedway its not even a Race anymore for Jon , they should just mail him the CHECK !!! only kidding , get a few of ya Pi--ed off at me but thats life. Don't mean to knock Blake but come on guys we all know who's the MAN , #53 Jon Stanbrough :2:

9/22/10, 1:26 PM   #22
Rpracing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by axsom#11 View Post
with the #10 and the #53 on laps turned and features won and crashes , the #53 is hand down the man to beat , I saw Blake trash 2 or 3 cars at the mscs shows a month or so ago while leading the race by half a lap or more , no one but blake caused him to wreck . He is a hell of a driver , but not in the same league as #53 Stanbrough . My money would be on Jon not Blake even if #53 started on the tail and #10 on the pole . and I would still put a Ben Franklin on Jon to win , any day .And at Bloomington Speedway its not even a Race anymore for Jon , they should just mail him the CHECK !!! only kidding , get a few of ya Pi--ed off at me but thats life. Don't mean to knock Blake but come on guys we all know who's the MAN , #53 Jon Stanbrough :2:
How many more years of experience does JS and Team Foxco have versus Team Fitzpatrick?

9/22/10, 1:56 PM   #23
Jerry Shaw

Jon is most definitely the man. But don't let that take anything away from what Blake has done. His game has evolved at such a rapid rate that he could literally be the Most Improved Driver, two years in a row. And we're talking about a kid that started out fast. From day one. But now he's fast and multi-dimensional. On some tracks, I'm sure Jon knows that he's going to have to use every arrow in his quiver if he wants to beat this young hard charger. And comparing them overall isn't fair, because Jon is an all-time great and the other guy we're talking about is 18 years old. I'm just thankful that we have another young driver that's developing into a star. That's what makes this racing scene the envy of the rest of the country, IMO. There's cycle after cycle of the best there's ever been, doing battle with the best there ever will be.

Jerry

Winston Churchill

9/22/10, 4:00 PM   #24
Danny Burton

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAC Fan View Post
How come MSCS rules get questioned just as much as USAC rules and make less sense than USAC rules (No work area) but people always hype MSCS as the "racers series"?
Huh? Who said that? Link, please.

Quiet, numbskulls. I'm broadcasting.

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
9/22/10, 5:58 PM   #25
jim goerge

Quote:
How come MSCS rules get questioned just as much as USAC rules and make less sense than USAC rules (No work area) but people always hype MSCS as the "racers series"?
Where in the hell did you get the USAC no work area

9/22/10, 6:11 PM   #26
sprintgal

Quote:
Correction! MSCS does have a work area during the feature event. So where you got that they didn't, who knows.
Posted via Mobile Device

9/22/10, 7:51 PM   #27
allstar racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by axsom#11 View Post
Soo your saying Stanbrough didnt trash a few cars in the beggining of his career?? You learn from your mistakes and thats what blake has done and hes improved ALOT and is continuing to improve..

1 member likes this post: JEFFSTOY
9/22/10, 8:34 PM   #28
kawkaw2

I agree with Jerry, this isn't a fair comparison. Jon is a proven winner and arguably the best ever. He has never been hard on equipment and has nothing left to prove. Blake is just getting started and his development the past couple years has been outstanding. He shows flashes of brillance, especially at some tracks like Tri-State. We in Indiana are all so lucky to see Jon in his prime and young guys like Blake racing weekly. We can all argue this point 15-20 years from now when we see how Blake develops but at this point Jon is the man. Who knows, they both may still be racing if we are lucky?

2 members like this post: JEFFSTOY, jim goerge
9/22/10, 9:09 PM   #29
USAC Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim goerge View Post
Where in the hell did you get the USAC no work area
Until recently it seems, MSCS had a rule that stated if you exited the race track at any time, you could not come back (i.e. no work area allowed).

It wasnt a USAC rule.

9/22/10, 9:24 PM   #30
on_the_edge

Quote:
Until recently it seems, MSCS had a rule that stated if you exited the race track at any time, you could not come back (i.e. no work area allowed).

It wasnt a USAC rule.
Correction again...MSCS I believe has always had a work in the Amain event only.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > mscs rules